Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nestlé KitKat - Nexus / Play promotion packs

• 30-10-2013 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

aupb.jpg

Tesco have the Android KitKat promotion packs in their sweet aisle, as some of you are probably aware.

Have any members succeeded in using codes via a VPN / anonymizer service?

Labels explicitly state, excludes ROI.

[rant, please ignore]..what is wrong, generally, with Google being so ****ing stingy towards its Irish Market, just enable Play cards and Google will tilt a new market/demographics in their direction. You can buy cards for all sorts of tat in every branch of Tesco, Moshi Monsters, Penguin club.. iTunes, but nothing with the Play logo on it.[/rant, please ignore]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

This looks to be more or a Nestle promotion than anything to do with Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

KitKat is the upcoming version of Android.

The Verge - Android KitKat: the story behind a delicious partnership

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/3/4691040/android-kitkat-the-story-behind-a-delicious-partnership

Amalgam wrote: »
    KitKat is the upcoming version of Android.

The Verge - Android KitKat: the story behind a delicious partnership

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/3/4691040/android-kitkat-the-story-behind-a-delicious-partnership

Yes, I understand that Kitkat is name of the new version of Android being released on Friday but my original point stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yes, I understand that Kitkat is name of the new version of Android being released on Friday but my original point stands.
    Its a joint promotion between Nestle & the Play store so how does that make it more of a Nestle one? Especially since the Android team sought out the partnership

The promotion gives you the chance to win a nexus 7 if you purchase a kitkat chunky??
    Same way as if you purchase a bottle of coke you are in with a chance of winning flights to Australia....The promotion here is by coke not by flights to australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The promotion gives you the chance to win a nexus 7 if you purchase a kitkat chunky??
    Same way as if you purchase a bottle of coke you are in with a chance of winning flights to Australia....The promotion here is by coke not by flights to australia.
    The promotion gives you the chances to win prizes and credit from the Play Store including the Nexus 7. The promotion is by both

Yes, the software release of Friday is a joint venture, Nestle giving you a chance to win a nexus 7 if you buy their chocolate bars is simply a Nestle promotion and they have the right to restrict the offer to whoever they like,

I get the initial rant though, Google really need to get the finger out and open up the full playstore to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

If there is a promotion by Coke to win flights to Australia on Qantas then it is a promotion by Coke and Qantas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

We’ve reached out to Google for more information on exactly what the deal is here and it confirmed that no money changed hands between the two companies. This is apparently a like-for-like cross-promotion deal.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/03/google-strikes-bizarre-licensing-deal-with-nestle-to-name-next-android-kit-kat/

Def more than a standard competition.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Google and Nestle BOTH have lovely bottoms. How about that for a compromise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I support the OPs point, Why sell the 'pxoy' kit kats here if you cant be treated like for like with the UK consumer ??

Kit Kat can jog on,

And google are frustrating bunch of idiots, Software European hub based in dublin and you cant for love nor money by their flagship devices in the country. Its beyond a small joke at this stage and we all put up with stupid work arounds to get on the hardware train.

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

listermint wrote: »
    I support the OPs point, Why sell the 'pxoy' kit kats here if you cant be treated like for like with the UK consumer ??

Kit Kat can jog on,

And google are frustrating bunch of idiots, Software European hub based in dublin and you cant for love nor money by their flagship devices in the country. Its beyond a small joke at this stage and we all put up with stupid work arounds to get on the hardware train.

Ridiculous.

To be fair, this is hardly uncommon.

Even when I was a kid I remember seeing various companies having competitions and finding out that ROI was excluded from winning the prizes.

This is hardly new stuff, so why is everyone jumping to blame Google, when this happens with dozens of companies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Amalgam wrote: »
    just enable Play cards and Google will tilt a new market/demographics in their direction. You can buy cards for all sorts of tat in every branch of Tesco, Moshi Monsters, Penguin club.. iTunes, but nothing with the Play logo on it.[/rant, please ignore]

Just noticed today, in the latest update to the Play store I now have an option to Redeem, and it asks me to Redeem a voucher code. So progress seems to have been made a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just noticed today, in the latest update to the Play store I now have an option to Redeem, and it asks me to Redeem a voucher code. So progress seems to have been made a little.

For this promotion, you redeem the codes @ www.android.com/KitKat

I passed on a few codes to UK residents, with some success.. £5 Play credit. ;)

Just to say, for the four pack chunky bar Kit Kat product. There's one code printed on the inside foil of the main pack, not each individual bar.

(bars were handed out for Halloween..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Joint venture between Google and Nestle. Both parties have stated that it will not be available in the ROI. I have contacted both Google and Nestle and they both state that its UK only and will not be available in the ROI so therefore joint decision by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sonics2k wrote: »
    To be fair, this is hardly uncommon.

Even when I was a kid I remember seeing various companies having competitions and finding out that ROI was excluded from winning the prizes.

This is hardly new stuff, so why is everyone jumping to blame Google, when this happens with dozens of companies?

Erm, because they are involved in it. Who should i blame? Nike ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

Maybe we need to get talking to licencing lawyers in Ireland? I think this is where the problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

listermint wrote: »
    Erm, because they are involved in it. Who should i blame? Nike ?

I'm just saying it's not out of malicious intentions or treating us like second class citizens.

Nestlé offers quite often aren't valid in Ireland, and Google is yet to release a full Play Store here so it makes little sense to have the full promo here.

I'm not happy about it, I'd bloody well love to buy a Nexus 5 directly without VPNs and win a free Nexus 7, but there's no point playing a blame game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

For a country who has their European headquarters, Ireland sure gets a raw deal when it comes to Google and the lack of real Nexus smartphone stocks.

Advertisement