Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service levels .... ?!?!

Options
  • 30-10-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

We are currently experiencing an issue with our landline. The phone doesn't ring - when calling the number, it does sound as if it rings.

I have logged a call with Eircom's fault system on Saturday the 19th of October. That's a week and a half ago !!!!

So far, all the feedback I got was a text message acknowledging my call for help nearly a week after I logged the fault. 
    I rang your services yesterday to be told that you are indeed aware of the open case and that you were looking after it ...

What else can I do to accelerate the process ?

Mobile coverage is dire where we are - we need the landline !!!

Pathetic service me thinks ... :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ValerieR wrote: »
    We are currently experiencing an issue with our landline. The phone doesn't ring - when calling the number, it does sound as if it rings.

I have logged a call with Eircom's fault system on Saturday the 19th of October. That's a week and a half ago !!!!

So far, all the feedback I got was a text message acknowledging my call for help nearly a week after I logged the fault. 
    I rang your services yesterday to be told that you are indeed aware of the open case and that you were looking after it ...

What else can I do to accelerate the process ?

Mobile coverage is dire where we are - we need the landline !!!

Pathetic service me thinks ... :/
    Hi ValerieR

I'm sorry to hear of these issues. Please PM me your landline number and I'll look into this right away.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I'm assuming that the land line phone dosent have a ringer volume slider switch etc that might have been set too low?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Skatedude wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the land line phone dosent have a ringer volume slider switch etc that might have been set too low?
    Skatedude, your assumption is correct.

Eircom have fixed my problem this morning - lightning had caused the issue at the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Skatedude wrote: »
    Skatedude, your assumption is correct.

Eircom have fixed my problem this morning - lightning had caused the issue at the exchange.
    Hi ValerieR

I see the engineer was out today dealing with your fault REF 11952242

Is the service still down.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Hi ValerieR

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for the follow up - indeed, the Engineer has fixed my problem.

Can I assume that I can thank you and your colleague Alan very sincerely for intervening ? In which case, thank you very much - it is much appreciated !! :)

I have also sent a separate PM to Alan earlier to confirm that the fault had been solved.

Regards,
    Valerie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi ValerieR

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for the follow up - indeed, the Engineer has fixed my problem.

Can I assume that I can thank you and your colleague Alan very sincerely for intervening ? In which case, thank you very much - it is much appreciated !! :)

I have also sent a separate PM to Alan earlier to confirm that the fault had been solved.

Regards,
    Valerie
    Hi Valerie

Apologies, responded to the post before seeing the PM, I have passed it on to Al.

Mark

Advertisement