Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling an account

Options
  • 30-10-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

I have an Emobile broadband account which is out of contract. I no longer require it. I have spent 20 minutes, on the carousel waiting for disconnections to answer, on three occasions this week. That is an hour of my time. Can you facilitate me here in closing my account?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

mitosis wrote: »
    I have an Emobile broadband account which is out of contract. I no longer require it. I have spent 20 minutes, on the carousel waiting for disconnections to answer, on three occasions this week. That is an hour of my time. Can you facilitate me here in closing my account?
    Hi mitosis,

My apologies you have been unable to contact our cancellation team.

Unfortunately we cannot take your cancellation notice here. You will have to contact the cancellation team.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Thanks for the reply, Grainne. Is there another way of contacting them given I cannot spend an interminable amount of time holding on the phone?

Here we are, another day another 40 minutes wasted so far.

Do I understand correctly? The policy is if you can't get through you can't cancel, you must keep paying? Because Emobile won't answer the phone. Or are they so snowed under in the cancellations dept they can't?

Thanks for the reply, Grainne. Is there another way of contacting them given I cannot spend an interminable amount of time holding on the phone?
    Hi mitosis,

I will send you the direct number to call our cancellation department. Once you call this number the agent will advise you of the process to cancel.

Grainne

Grainne, I have not had a direct number from you. It is a week later and I am currently on hold, again. Today so far I have been misdirected by an operator, been on hold on three other occasions, been disconnected once and bizarrely been informed twice by the automaton when dialling 1800299799 that I had a wrong number!!

• Advertisement

I spent half yesterday afternoon on hold again. I have three eircom landlines in my company in addition to the emobile dongle. I am now going to close all the accounts. I feel I have been treated in an extremely shabby manner, the only response I get when I can communicate with an eircom employee is "I can't do anything to help" It's ironic really, given I could create an account and set up a DD over the phone or by email, but I can't close an account this way.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

I spent half yesterday afternoon on hold again. I have three eircom landlines in my company in addition to the emobile dongle. I am now going to close all the accounts. I feel I have been treated in an extremely shabby manner, the only response I get when I can communicate with an eircom employee is "I can't do anything to help" It's ironic really, given I could create an account and set up a DD over the phone or by email, but I can't close an account this way.
    Hi mitosis
    I can understand the frustration, but I cannot explain why you are having trouble in getting through, I have tried three times yesterday and once today and got through after a short wait time. I am afraid agents do have to follow proceedure, but if you have been able to initiate cancellation procedure, just PM me your details and I can follow up on this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭seanoge

Hi mitosis
    I can understand the frustration, but I cannot explain why you are having trouble in getting through, I have tried three times yesterday and once today and got through after a short wait time. I am afraid agents do have to follow proceedure, but if you have been able to initiate cancellation procedure, just PM me your details and I can follow up on this for you.
    Tony
    I also wanted to cancel and was given a direct number to call. Tried with the usual results so I cancelled by email. Whether they accept it or not it's up to them. I have also cancelled my direct debit after giving 30 days notice. They have moved us to paperless billing but we cannot cancel by email?

seanoge wrote: »
    Hi mitosis
    Tony
    I also wanted to cancel and was given a direct number to call. Tried with the usual results so I cancelled by email. Whether they accept it or not it's up to them. I have also cancelled my direct debit after giving 30 days notice. They have moved us to paperless billing but we cannot cancel by email?
    Hi seanoge,

If you did not speak to an agent in our cancellation team your email will not be actioned. I will send you a PM advising of the direct number to call our cancellation team.

Grainne

Thank you Grainne, but I have already cancelled by email. I was never asked to contact the "Cancellation Team" only the "Customer Loyalty Team" what ever they are. You say my contract is not cancelled? So you get another month's money from me? Sounds like a scam to me. Maybe it should be tested by the regulator. 
    It should not be beyond emobile's powers to transfer an email from one department to another.
    Sean.

• Advertisement

Thank you Grainne, but I have already cancelled by email. I was never asked to contact the "Cancellation Team" only the "Customer Loyalty Team" what ever they are. You say my contract is not cancelled? So you get another month's money from me? Sounds like a scam to me. Maybe it should be tested by the regulator. 
    It should not be beyond emobile's powers to transfer an email from one department to another.
    Sean.
    Hi Sean,

The process for cancelling an account requires that you speak to an agent in our cancellation team. If you call the number I provided in PM's an agent will process your request.

Grainne

Funnilly, I was just thinking about my issues with this. Despite speaking to someone eventually, who told me to email for the cancellation, and requesting a confirmation, I still don't know if the account is closed.

Grainne, how can I find out if the account is closed? Without spending hours on the phone.

Funnilly, I was just thinking about my issues with this. Despite speaking to someone eventually, who told me to email for the cancellation, and requesting a confirmation, I still don't know if the account is closed.

Grainne, how can I find out if the account is closed? Without spending hours on the phone.
    Hi mitosis,

If you PM me your mobile number and PIN I can confirm here if your request has been processed.

Grainne

Grainne, so another exchange of emails with emobile, just to be informed that they can do nothing as usual. Need any more help?- just call Customer Care @ 1800303458. Which I did & this was the outcome - "Welcome, you are on a Meteor phone, wait till we transfer you to our Meteor Menu"
    So I tried the number I was given for the "Costomer Loyalty Team" 1800 303458.  "Wecome to Eircom, calls may be recorded" then 3 pips then silence.
    You expect us to put up with this service?
    Sean.

Grainne, so another exchange of emails with emobile, just to be informed that they can do nothing as usual. Need any more help?- just call Customer Care @ 1800303458. Which I did & this was the outcome - "Welcome, you are on a Meteor phone, wait till we transfer you to our Meteor Menu"
    So I tried the number I was given for the "Costomer Loyalty Team" 1800 303458.  "Wecome to Eircom, calls may be recorded" then 3 pips then silence.
    Sean.

Hi Sean,

My apologies you were unable to get through to our cancellation team. Could you retry this number and let me know if you are unable to get through.

Grainne

Hello Grainne, sorry for the tone of my posts but it is hugely frustrating trying to deal with a simple thing that turns out to be not so simple.
    I found this in eMobile Terms & conditions - "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.2 If you are a Bill Pay customer, you may not terminate this Agreement during the Minimum Period. If the Agreement is terminated by you during the Minimum Period, you are liable to a termination charge calculated as the sum of the monthly Charges which would otherwise be payable from the date of such termination by you until the end of the Minimum Period. On expiry of the Minimum Period either party may terminate this Agreement on the giving of 30 days prior written notice to the other". [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nothing there about phoning anyone.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sean.[/font]

Hello Grainne, sorry for the tone of my posts but it is hugely frustrating trying to deal with a simple thing that turns out to be not so simple.
    I found this in eMobile Terms & conditions - "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.2 If you are a Bill Pay customer, you may not terminate this Agreement during the Minimum Period. If the Agreement is terminated by you during the Minimum Period, you are liable to a termination charge calculated as the sum of the monthly Charges which would otherwise be payable from the date of such termination by you until the end of the Minimum Period. On expiry of the Minimum Period either party may terminate this Agreement on the giving of 30 days prior written notice to the other". [/font]
    Hi seanoge,

As I have advised you previously your request to cancel your account can only be processed once you speak to an agent in our cancellation team.

If you advise the agent that you were having difficulties contacting the team they may take this into consideration when processing your request.

Grainne

Hi seanoge,

As I have advised you previously your request to cancel your account can only be processed once you speak to an agent in our cancellation team.

If you advise the agent that you were having difficulties contacting the team they may take this into consideration when processing your request.

Grainne
    Thanks for that, but I think I will stick with your Terms & Conditions. I have given 30 days notice in writing.
    Sean.

Sean.

Hi Sean,

I totally understand your frustration. What I would advise you to do is call the number I provided in PM's from your landline. As soon as you get through the agent will process your request.

Grainne

Advertisement