Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display driver AMD stopped responding and has recovered "

Options
  • 30-10-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi wondering if anyone has had problems with this message before . Ill give as much info as I can .

Using windows 7 professional . It only happens when I use internet explorer or mozilla online . I can watch video off line with realplayer etc no problem .

Happens randomly , might get 5 minutes of browsing before it happens or 5 seconds .

graphics card is amd radeon 5000 hp .

I have tried reinstalling the drivers but windows says that the latest oines are already installed , also its hard to download anything to fix it when the computer freezes while using the browser .

Seems like a strange problem to me as it only kicks up when using the internet browsers .

Any Ideas of what I could try ?A laptop repair service told me they recommend clearing the hard drive and reinstalling the operating system and all programs again . I d like to avoid that if possible as I dont have the product keys anymore .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Have you tried going to the laptop manufacturer's site and downloading their graphics drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

You could try running a Linux distro off your DVD drive for a while. If you don't get an issue then you know it's a faulty GPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I dont have the product keys anymore .

Well, this should be your priority then.

Plenty software out there to recover product and license keys not just for Windows but also many common programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Try using Google Chrome maybe its a browser clash. What make of computer is it? Is it a separate graphics card or on board graphics. More info would be a help.

Advertisement