Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restoring iPhone 5 backup to iPhone 4S with slightly different iOS

• 30-10-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭

Need some advise here. I took a backup of my iPhone 5 before selling it a few weeks ago. I think it was just after 7.0.1.

I am waiting on my 5s to arrive (I've a Galaxy S4 to keep me going) but it is my last day in work and the backup is on the work computer (which I assume will be wiped). I tried to upload the backup files to google drive (7.5GB) but a few files failed.

So a guy in work has just got the 5s and is going to let me use his 4S to restore my 5 backup onto it. The problem is he said he upgraded the software "the other day" which I presume is to 7.0.3.

How do I go about getting my backup onto that phone? Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Is your original iPhone 5 backup on iCloud by any chance?

If there's one on iCloud , you dont need the work computer anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Is your original iPhone 5 backup on iCloud by any chance?

If there's one on iCloud , you dont need the work computer anymore

No I stopped using iCloud because the backup was too big and didn't see any problem backing it up to the computer I am always at. Its just unfortunate I'm switching jobs while between iPhones!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you tried it? I know you can't use a backup of a newer iOS on an older one but it should work for you. Sure that what happens when you update your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Oh right.. I never actually considered that it would work itself! I'm just waiting until he transfers his number from the micro to the nano sim so I will try it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

It should work, or at least it did for me a few weeks back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You will have to update the 5s as well before restoring.

Advertisement