Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bite the bullet - anti wrinkle cream

• 30-10-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

I am 28 and have come to the realisation that despite feeling 21 my skin unfortunately did not get this memo. I have fine lines from squinting, laughing and I suspect smoking. These lines are even more exaggerated when I am tired or hungover:eek:

I have spent fortunes on lotions and potions namely Dermalogica (love love love) and Clinque. I shell out for these products and then don't use them instead going to bed with a full face of slap. I am going to convert now and actually take time and develop a skin care regime.

What brand would you suggest? I need an eye creme for sure but was going to go the full hog and do cleanser (wash or cream) and moisturizer.

Help much appreciated xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

hi - the eye cream would definitely be freezeframe revital eyes it is brilliant - available from mc cabes pharmacy

hate to sound like a nag though but smoking ages your skin so you should try and give up if not you might want to try a nutritional supplement which is good like imeeden.

cleanser are easier find one you like and stick to it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

I would recommend the Clarins range, the sales assistant can advise you but you probably should be using Hydraquench or Multi Active. The Multi-Active night cream is great. You might also want to look at a serum, there's a Clarins one which is good but I've also used Genefique (Lancome) and found it good.
    Not sure that the cleanser is that important in terms of anti-aging you just need to get one that suits your skin. If you go the whole hog with Clarins the Pure Melt cleanser is lovely

Quit smoking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

quinevere wrote: »
    hi - the eye cream would definitely be freezeframe revital eyes it is brilliant - available from mc cabes pharmacy

hate to sound like a nag though but smoking ages your skin so you should try and give up if not you might want to try a nutritional supplement which is good like imeeden.

cleanser are easier find one you like and stick to it!!

I bought the freezeframe for the eyes (as suggested in other thread) and didnt make 1 blind difference (its e49). Using it 3 weeks now, and I will use it until its used up, but nope...notice nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I use Clarins hydra quench mask as a moisturiser. It's fab and it can be used around eyes also.

I use that over soap and glory super boost serum.

I use Earth science A D E cleanser, I buy that from iherb.

Your skin might just be very dehydrated rather than you having a lot of lines already, do you find the lines are worse with make up on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

A good routine of double cleansing, exfoliating and hydrating toners, oils, serums, masks and moisturiser and SPF all year round. You don't have to stick to one skin care brand. REN, Vichy, Decleor, Nuxe are all good brands. I really rate the Elizabeth Arden Prevage range but its very expensive. Don't worry too much bout the smoking, I smoked for years and have no wrinkles. I think your fine lines may be dehydration. Keep your face out of the sun ( not hard this time of yr) and drink loads of water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement