Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Vacuum cleaner

• 30-10-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

I went to Lidl yesterday and saw that they had 2300 W vacuum cleaners for sale for € 65. I cannot find any reviews for those vacuum cleaners.

Can anyone tell me is they are efficient and worth buying and also if they are noisy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Some things are just worth buying a known brand. Im an advocate for buying LIDL stuff too, drills, electric screwdrivers, tools etc, good for even regular DIY use.
    I did get a wet and dry vacuum from LIDL and it seems ok, I got it for doing spills and stuff and while its fine, I haven't used it much.

However, I got an electrolux vacuum cleaner for I think €49, and it was a basic smaller model, in Power City, originally I went in to get a filter for an old bagged electrolux, Power City didnt do them but gave me the number for the supplier, and it was €45 for the filter so I just ended up buying a new bagless electrolux vacuum cleaner. I needed one there and then so I got it, and I still did get that filter for €5 off ebay for the older vac so its useable, prior to that it was throwing out dust.

I dont know what the ability on the LIDL one is and it could be ok, but the electrolux I have does a great job, it was the most basic that had some bumf about pet hairs, and there were a few sizes on sale, or claimed to be a sale?? that was a year or so ago, I was happy with the price.
    I probably should have gotten a bigger one as there were a few different sizes available on sale, one sweep of the house fills the container, but it does the job. The container is always full up and compared to the older electrolux vacuum its great suction power, so you are not repeatedly going over a part of the floor to get stuff up. Mostly its every week to go around the house and I have to empty the container after that use. I mostly vacuum out the filter after each use but there was a second filter with it also(I use the old hoover, which Ive kept for crappy jobs, like cleaning out the airbox on the car when I service it and nutty as it sounds vacuuming out the vacuum filter).

The LIDL vac could be ok, is it bagless? maybe replacement filters are probably available via ebay??? but check the prices in Power City or Argos?, Im sure it was on sale at the time, could be worth a look.

Just saw a Bissell, its a 23A7E bagless vac in Tesco for €74.50 or 75, reduced from around €99, its £96stg on Tesco.com,

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

Sorry not to have answered earlier . The Lidl vacuum cleaner was indeed bagless. I ended up not buying it though as my old vacuum, while not very efficient, still works and I wasn't sure the Lidl one would be an upgrade.
    We recently adopted a labrador that is a shedding machine so we are looking for a vacuum cleaner that could deal with that. We thought about Dyson Animal but we do not have any carpet, only hardwood and tiles (except for a tiny bit of carpet on the stairs) so what we want is not so much the most powerful vacuum cleaner around but one that would be light (to carry up and down the stairs), not too noisy, and would not make the house smell of dog when we use it (which is the problem with our current vacuum cleaner).

awanderer wrote: »
    Sorry not to have answered earlier . The Lidl vacuum cleaner was indeed bagless. I ended up not buying it though as my old vacuum, while not very efficient, still works and I wasn't sure the Lidl one would be an upgrade.
    We recently adopted a labrador that is a shedding machine so we are looking for a vacuum cleaner that could deal with that. We thought about Dyson Animal but we do not have any carpet, only hardwood and tiles (except for a tiny bit of carpet on the stairs) so what we want is not so much the most powerful vacuum cleaner around but one that would be light (to carry up and down the stairs), not too noisy, and would not make the house smell of dog when we use it (which is the problem with our current vacuum cleaner).

The lidl one would probably do, but the bissell one isn't much more for a name brand, worth pricing around, you may be lucky to get one on sale, like the one above.
    Some have the added blurp of being suitable for pet hair, not sure what extra makes them so, but mine had it as a feature? although our dog doesn't have long hair, she moults a bit and it gets draged everywhere, the vac is good for cleaning it up, my last one was mostly a noise and heat generating electricity consuming machine.
    Other vacs that had that bumpf seemed better when I got mine but they were also dearer, and up to €125, which isnt too bad. Anymore than 150 for a vaccum cleaner I think is mad, those Dysons are silly money.

If yours is working fine, you could hold out till you see something on offer somewhere, argos, tesco has one now, or powercity.
    Im not sure if the tesco one is pet rated :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There are scented pellets you can buy to put into your new dustbag when you change it, so that it won't smell as bad as it fills. It'll blow out the scent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement