Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you sell your clothes?

• 30-10-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where everyone sells their unwanted clothing?

I have several pieces I wouldn't mind parting with, all good quality, some this season, some with tags or have only been worn once.

I've tried adverts.ie with little success and have attempted ebay but when filling out the initial advert I just get a bit panicked when they mention all the fee's an different ways of listing and I back off.

Anyone have any sites they recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I had some decent designer shoes that I never wore and I gave them in to a shop in the Royal Hibernian Way called Ruby Ruby. They sold them for me. We each got 50% of the selling price. I was happy to do this because there was little hassle or work involved.

I had tried Ebay beforehand without any luck.

There is a shop in Temple Bar called Siopa Ella who have a similar set up. I think they are 60:40 though with the shop getting the 60%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Is it only designer stuff in Ruby Ruby Pang??

I have a few Warehouse/Topshop/Oasis dress on Done Deal that nobody seems interested in so i'd love to get rid of them asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I don't think anything I have is high end enough to go with either of those options Pang..... More high street stuff...

Ruby Ruby is definitely designer from what I remember but Siopa Ella the place in Temple Bar used to take certain high street labels such as Zara. I'm certain I saw Topshop in there before.

Here is a list of brands Siopa Ella take, both designer and high street. I notice Warehouse and Topshop are there.

http://siopaella.com/?page_id=17

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

How do people find ebay,done deal or adverts?Keen to try

Of seen a lot of Facebook selling pages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

bigpink wrote: »
    How do people find ebay,done deal or adverts?Keen to try

Of seen a lot of Facebook selling pages

I have stuff on adverts that hasn't been shown any interest, some of it bnwt at about half the price it is in stores. I can't even get to the point of listing stuff on ebay problems between ebay and paypal which I can't seem to figure out

Tried Ebay. Found it hard to sell anything. Plus postage was a killer in terms of cost, especially if something had to go abroad.

It was not for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

People go on about ebay but selling on it doesn't seem much too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I find adverts or gumtree pretty good.

Advertisement