Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL Proof of Purchase

Options
  • 30-10-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, I ordered items online and I received a text from DHL this morning asking for proof of purchase and must therefore forward my paypal receipt stating the amount paid and the shipping charge. If I do not forward proof of purchase within 5 days it will be returned to its origin. I presume the package states a lower value for the items than what I have paid. Also my paypal receipt states the cost of everything as a whole, there is no breakdown for shipping and goods.

If anyone could offer me advice on whether I should send proof of purchase or let it be sent back and email the person I ordered the goods from, I would appreciate it. Or if anyone has been in a similar situation I would appreciate a reply!!

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

send them what they are asking for and pay they correct duty + vat. If the price on the package is lower than what you paid then that has no effect on you. As the cost of duty + vat is based on the total price including shipping your paypal receipt will be fine. Or dont send it to them and dont get the goods and have all the hassle of trying to get the price you paid refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I sent them a screenshot of the order on aliexpress when I ordered a tablet and had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Thanks for the reply. I emailed the sender of the items and he forwarded on the invoice which I presume is the same as what is attached to the package, it states I paid $55.70 but I actually paid $112. He said to forward the invoice and that it would be sufficient for customs? I dont know which is best to do, I just want to receive my items. If I forward the invoice, will they still request the paypal receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Proof of purchase is the invoice.

Proof of purchase is the invoice.

technically yes. but if you just send them what they already have then they wont be happy. They have the authority to calculate their own cost for the item if they think that they have been mislead. Unless the item is a unique item finding its true value is not difficult.

• Advertisement

the OP should also be aware that lying to the revenue about the value of an item is a criminal offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Well I dont know if the invoice is attached to the parcel, but I presume it would be? The invoice states the contents of the package and their cost which is a bag, purse, phone cover and make up and states the DHL postage as $25 and then states total paid as $55.70.

Beano wrote: »
    technically yes. but if you just send them what they already have then they wont be happy. They have the authority to calculate their own cost for the item if they think that they have been mislead. Unless the item is a unique item finding its true value is not difficult.
    Kerry987 wrote: »
    Well I dont know if the invoice is attached to the parcel, but I presume it would be? The invoice states the contents of the package and their cost which is a bag, purse, phone cover and make up and states the DHL postage as $25 and then states total paid as $55.70.

but that is not what you paid is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

The customs simply reference check the product, see the REAL price and if it is way put from your price they can fine you or refuse to clear the product or estimate the tax and duty at the price that applies in ireland.

Basically if you tell lies about it, you will probably get caught and you will regret it - all for a paltry tenner!

Advertisement