Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Dada felt the baby kick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Aw that's great Shasha, it's such an amazing thing to be able to share with your partner isn't it? Mr. Merkin has been so loving and supportive and he is so excited about baby Merkin so it's lovely to be able to involve him more with the Doppler and feeling the baby wiggle etc. You must be 20 weeks at this stage are you?

Merkin wrote: »
    Aw that's great Shasha, it's such an amazing thing to be able to share with your partner isn't it? Mr. Merkin has been so loving and supportive and he is so excited about baby Merkin so it's lovely to be able to involve him more with the Doppler and feeling the baby wiggle etc. You must be 20 weeks at this stage are you?

20 weeks yesterday! I had my 20 week checkup and it was Mr.Bear's first week day off in ages so he got to hear the heartbeat for the first time too. And then he felt the kick right before bed. He's been so into this pregnancy but it really clicked with him yesterday. We're off tomorrow for a private gender scan, so we'll know "who" we're having as well! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    20 weeks yesterday! I had my 20 week checkup and it was Mr.Bear's first week day off in ages so he got to hear the heartbeat for the first time too. And then he felt the kick right before bed. He's been so into this pregnancy but it really clicked with him yesterday. We're off tomorrow for a private gender scan, so we'll know "who" we're having as well! :P

I was 20 weks yesterday too :)

so the last 2 weeks I have been so so sick, and not pregnancy related, I had a throat infection, I had to go on antibiotics, I have had then 100 times before but I had a reaction to them ended up in hospital :( covered in a rash from head to toe, puffy eyes feeling **** in general, so now im home, on steriods and anti histimines, hate having to take tablets but I have too x I have to say they were amazing in the hospital got to see baby and wasnt expecting too and getting so big xx

hope ye are all well xx

Gender scan in just over two hours. Absolutely sick with excitement!

• Advertisement

Gender scan in just over two hours. Absolutely sick with excitement!

Awww Im so excited for you!!! If you were a betting woman what would you say?!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

The gender scans are so fun! Mine showed the goods very quickly, within a minute or so.

God, I might try the ducolax too. I'm taking fybogel twice a day, eating lots of fruit/veges/bran, going for long walks, and still I'm having trouble!!!!!!!

Hope you are well on the mend, Betsie, sounds like you've had a tough old time.

How did the gender scan go?

Im doing ok now, still have a bit og a rash and itchy but ho9efully ill get there soon xx

Rua1 wrote: »
    The gender scans are so fun! Mine showed the goods very quickly, within a minute or so.

God, I might try the ducolax too. I'm taking fybogel twice a day, eating lots of fruit/veges/bran, going for long walks, and still I'm having trouble!!!!!!!

Hope you are well on the mend, Betsie, sounds like you've had a tough old time.

Have you tried prune juice?

yeah, picked some up yesterday. I had tried it before, but must have got some tesco concentrate and had that straight.......This time I got the sunsweet stuff.
    Works magic!

• Advertisement

Well if I was a betting woman I would have put my last cent on it being a boy.

But instead I came face to face with my daughter :o
    It's been a very emotional day and night. I love her so much it hurts to think I can't hold her close and smell her lovely hair for another 20 weeks! We got a smile in the scan, and I can't get the image out of my head. She's got her dad's teeny button nose, and really full lips like me. She looks like she's going to have big eyes, mine are blue-green and dad's are brown so either way she's gonna break everyone she ever looks at! :P She has lovely, really long and defined fingers and legs, just like my sister!

My daughter's name is Abigail, and she is perfect :D

Awwww Shasha that made me really emotional, Im so so happy for you, must have been amazing!! :) Abigail is a beautiful name, I like Biblical names the best. Very happy for you both xx

We've got our 20 week scan on the 6th and we're so excited for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sciencebod

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Had my anatomy scan today in Wexford at 18+6. My previous scan had me at 19+4 but consultant was insistent he was changing my dates...... total bummer :(

Anyway, more importantly, everything looked fine! Delighted with the public clinic down there, very efficient. In and out in 1.5 hours and that was for three appointments (scan/midwife/consultant). Next job is to book ante-natal classes. When we do them is likely to be dictated by availability but I have a choice when is the optimal time to do them?? Forgot to ask today. .....
    Hi Ocean :), I'm 21+3 and my ante-natal classes start on the 13th May. Glad your scan went well :).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sciencebod

Well if I was a betting woman I would have put my last cent on it being a boy.

But instead I came face to face with my daughter :o
    It's been a very emotional day and night. I love her so much it hurts to think I can't hold her close and smell her lovely hair for another 20 weeks! We got a smile in the scan, and I can't get the image out of my head. She's got her dad's teeny button nose, and really full lips like me. She looks like she's going to have big eyes, mine are blue-green and dad's are brown so either way she's gonna break everyone she ever looks at! :P She has lovely, really long and defined fingers and legs, just like my sister!

My daughter's name is Abigail, and she is perfect :D
    Congrats ShaSha :D

ShaSha massive congratulations love the name xx

Thanks ladies, I'm one very emotional and impatient Mama now!

Awwwwwwwwww, congratulations on your scan! She sounds gorgeous. I loved my gender scan, we found out in the first minute or so, but had a good look at
    him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaSha that's gorgeous, I'm so delighted for you, I can't wait for my scan tomorrow week!

I went to the Babytalk Festical in UCD yesterday with my Mum, really enjoyed it. My Mum was delighted to find out that Grandparents go free, that's her first proper Granny acknowledgement and she was loving it :D Some really great stands there and lots of handy information, I was in my element walking around and looking at all the fun things to buy and classes to get involved in. You can tell I've never done this before because in my head I'll have ALL THE TIME to go to baby massage/ baby signing/ storytime groups after Lulu arrives. Ah wishful thinking :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Jerrica wrote: »
    ShaSha that's gorgeous, I'm so delighted for you, I can't wait for my scan tomorrow week!

I went to the Babytalk Festical in UCD yesterday with my Mum, really enjoyed it. My Mum was delighted to find out that Grandparents go free, that's her first proper Granny acknowledgement and she was loving it :D Some really great stands there and lots of handy information, I was in my element walking around and looking at all the fun things to buy and classes to get involved in. You can tell I've never done this before because in my head I'll have ALL THE TIME to go to baby massage/ baby signing/ storytime groups after Lulu arrives. Ah wishful thinking :pac:

I had half thought of going to that then promptly forgot about it until now :( Ah well!

I spent yesterday looking at and choosing a pram and car seat etc. We know what we want, I'm just not sure if it's too early to start buying/ordering things. Has anyone else started getting organised yet?

I had half thought of going to that then promptly forgot about it until now :( Ah well!

I spent yesterday looking at and choosing a pram and car seat etc. We know what we want, I'm just not sure if it's too early to start buying/ordering things. Has anyone else started getting organised yet?

I can't remember how far along you are Ocean, but I have a lot of stuff bought :p
    We set the cot up last night and have the mattress in it too (just need sheets). We also have the pram since 11 weeks (I got a second-hand bargain that I couldn't pass up). Abigail has her first teddy, and about 7 or 8 neutral outfits already bought.
    All we have left to get that is big are bottles and a steriliser, a car seat and monitors. Want a breast pump too but I was advised to hold out until after I give birth in case I can't breastfeed/change my mind.
    I'm knitting a lot of stuff as well - got a beautiful offwhite pompom blankie and a few knitted hats, going to move on to cardigans. She also has a beautiful faux fur white matinee coat with hand muffs that I wore when I was a newborn (it's actually been in my dad's family for 40 years :o ).

If you want to spend, spend! As horribly morbid as I know this sounds, things can go wrong all the way through the pregnancy, and sadly even after birth. If I was waiting to make sure Abigail would survive, she'd be without stuff for a very long time :o
    (Edit: Obviously no offense intended to Merkin there, I more meant that if you DO want to buy, you shouldn't let anything stop you, but obviously if you dont actually want to buy yet, that's different!)

• Advertisement

I'm actually a little bit superstitious so have nothing. My husband has bought the entire Beatrix Potter collection of story books but that's it :o We had a look in Mothercare on Saturday but we have kind of agreed not to buy anything at all until I'm much further on/baby arrives. I appreciate that it's going to cause a mad rush at the time but just something I feel quite strongly about. I was actually going to start a thread asking for advice on what essentials people would advise buying (literally enough to get baby home from hospital after the birth).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Their website is still up, it's worth looking at what vendors' support resources were there to give you an idea of what's available for mums to be :)

We're waiting until after the 20 week scan to start actually buying anything (completely illogical superstition but how and ever :o). I'm pretty sure which buggy we're going to get, but I think we'll wait a little while before actually ordering it. I keep meaning to do a list of "Things to Buy", but when I go onto some of the vendor websites there's just so much choice I don't know where to start!!

So far my list has:
    • buggy (with car seat),
    • changing table,
    • bath,
    • changing bag,
    • a gazillion babygro's and wipes,
    • nappies, bottles & teats,
    • pump,
    • baby sling.

What other must haves are there?

I can't remember how far along you are Ocean, but I have a lot of stuff bought :p
    We set the cot up last night and have the mattress in it too (just need sheets). We also have the pram since 11 weeks (I got a second-hand bargain that I couldn't pass up). Abigail has her first teddy, and about 7 or 8 neutral outfits already bought.
    All we have left to get that is big are bottles and a steriliser, a car seat and monitors. Want a breast pump too but I was advised to hold out until after I give birth in case I can't breastfeed/change my mind.
    I'm knitting a lot of stuff as well - got a beautiful offwhite pompom blankie and a few knitted hats, going to move on to cardigans. She also has a beautiful faux fur white matinee coat with hand muffs that I wore when I was a newborn (it's actually been in my dad's family for 40 years :o ).

If you want to spend, spend! As horribly morbid as I know this sounds, things can go wrong all the way through the pregnancy, and sadly even after birth. If I was waiting to make sure Abigail would survive, she'd be without stuff for a very long time :o
    (Edit: Obviously no offense intended to Merkin there, I more meant that if you DO want to buy, you shouldn't let anything stop you, but obviously if you dont actually want to buy yet, that's different!)

Im 19+3 and we had our big 18-20 week scan last Thursday. I kind of thought once I'd the scan I would be raring to go. Now I'm just not sure! It's not superstition because I'm not a superstitious person, I'm more concerned that it will make the pregnancy really long if I start getting organised now :)

I think I'm just gonna go for it! It's really only the travel system I'm interested in getting now in case there is any delays in ordering it. We have such work to do in our house to get it ready for a baby so that is the next focus. So I won't be going buying any nursery/clothing/feeding stuff for another month or two at least when the room is ready.

Merkin wrote: »
    I'm actually a little bit superstitious so have nothing. My husband has bought the entire Beatrix Potter collection of story books but that's it :o We had a look in Mothercare on Saturday but we have kind of agreed not to buy anything at all until I'm much further on/baby arrives. I appreciate that it's going to cause a mad rush at the time but just something I feel quite strongly about. I was actually going to start a thread asking for advice on what essentials people would advise buying (literally enough to get baby home from hospital after the birth).

I admire your ability to be patient!!! I'm lucky I'm not superstitious because my stress levels would be sky high if I couldn't get organised early-ish........I'd say my husband would divorce me before the baby even arrived!!! :)

Im 19+3 and we had our big 18-20 week scan last Thursday. I kind of thought once I'd the scan I would be raring to go. Now I'm just not sure! It's not superstition because I'm not a superstitious person, I'm more concerned that it will make the pregnancy really long if I start getting organised now :)

I think I'm just gonna go for it! It's really only the travel system I'm interested in getting now in case there is any delays in ordering it. We have such work to do in our house to get it ready for a baby so that is the next focus. So I won't be going buying any nursery/clothing/feeding stuff for another month or two at least when the room is ready.

Ah, see we're setting her up in our room to begin with, so we will have a couple of months after she's home to set up her bedroom before we move her. Cot was bought by Nana and Grandpa on Daddy's side so we let them get it after the scan. We still have to get a changing table, but it was an Ikea cot, so there is a match there for whenever we're ready to get it.
    On a side note, Ikea furniture is so much fun to put together :p

I've got a few bits and pieces myself. I have the buggy and carseat, got that on special. I have a moses basket as well. He also has his first All Blacks rugby ball, All Blacks rattle and kiwi soft toy. This is being sent over by my mother, who is incredibly excited to be getting her 8th grandchild.

Ah, see we're setting her up in our room to begin with, so we will have a couple of months after she's home to set up her bedroom before we move her. Cot was bought by Nana and Grandpa on Daddy's side so we let them get it after the scan. We still have to get a changing table, but it was an Ikea cot, so there is a match there for whenever we're ready to get it.
    On a side note, Ikea furniture is so much fun to put together :p

Baby will be in with us initially too but I want the sorting work done. We only have 2 bedrooms and a walk up attic which are full to the brim of our stuff so need to do serious clear outs and re-arrange beds and furniture to make room for baby. I anticipate a mini skip being involved. So while I know there is no real time pressure I also kmow that I won't have the time or energy to tackle it after baby is born! !

I admire your ability to be patient!!! I'm lucky I'm not superstitious because my stress levels would be sky high if I couldn't get organised early-ish........I'd say my husband would divorce me before the baby even arrived!!! :)

I'm so laid back I'm horizontal Ocean. :) I'm not at all an organized person and everything always works out really well for me that way. I organized my wedding in less than 10 weeks and it was amazing, I always have faith things will come together beautifully - I really don't stress about things. I totally appreciate how other people have to be sorted months in advance though!

Anyone got any recommendations for bedding sets for a cot? We got a lovely one out of Ikea and it's all set up, but as we're keeping the sex a secret, we obviously can't adorn it with the masses of pink we were hoping for :pac:

Our bedroom is cream/mocha anyway so we wanted to go with something that "we" can say is neutral, but all the while looking feminine. Can't seem to find anywhere online that does a big enough selection! Will be near Tesco and Dunnes on Saturday (OH is insisting he wants to go buy a dress, I told him he's on the whacky pills if he thinks I'm going shopping for just one :p ) so I don't know if they would have something like that!

On a side note, had a small panic attack last night turning the house upside down for my colour print outs from the scan! Not a sign of them anywhere, and I was about to give up when Himself got home with them in his coat pocket. Apparently his boss and his wife, the two secretaries, the other two male drivers, 6 ladies in 6 different Starbucks that he delivers to as well as a man and two women in different banks in Dublin and the lady in the store where he gets his petrol were all made to look at his daughter - every last picture :o He said he wanted a boy, and I was worried he would find it hard to grasp the concept of having a girl. Th only thing he's finding hard is wondering where he is "going to bury the bodies of all of these men I'm going to have to get rid of until she's 30." :P
    Had a good cry with him, made me feel really special knowing how much she means to him already :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 marieol

im am 5 months now, and my bump is showing, i am excited/scared/ cant wait to meet this little boy/girl. :D:) its my first baby!!

Advertisement