Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Congratulations marieol! When is your due date? My bump is here in earnest, it seems to be growing daily! I'm due July 24th and it's also my first so it's very exciting. :) We're going to find out if it's a little boy or a girl on Thursday so we very excited about that. I love the little thing so much already so it will be nice to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marieol

thank you Merkin! im due the 8th july! ooh thats great! do you want a girl or boy? i would love a girl but a boy would be pretty sweet too.
    i have to get used to getting bigger and be proud of it :)

Aw that's wonderful, it will fly by! I honestly don't mind either way, I hope the baby is a healthy and happy little one and I'm really easy as to whether it's a boy or a girl, a baby is such a blessing so I'll be excited either way! I was in Mothercare yesterday and it was funny looking at all the different adorable baby clothes while still not knowing what we're having!

Yes, the bump takes some getting used to. I no longer look like I have a pot belly, I have a very definite (and rather large!) bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marieol

i know and my partner keeps saying we still have 4 months, im like yes 4 months to get everything done. thats the main thing that baby is healthy and happy.
    I was in mothercare too, one of the staff showed me everything and was really helpful, i came out knowing things i didnt have a clue about.
    i am slim and my bump is there but small, i guess everyone is different or else one day i will wake up and i got big over night!! oh well only time will tell. i wish you the best with everything and congrats to you Merkin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

I *think* I started feeling baby kick yesterday at 20+3 but not quite sure. It feels like little pulses, hopefully it is baby :)

• Advertisement

Awww Ocean I'm sure it was, it's just the most amazing sensation in the world isn't it?! It's like a tip tapping/flutter/pulsing sensation and not anything you've ever felt before if you've never been pregnant so if you think that's what it was it was most probably baby Ocean :D

Baby Merkin in a busy little thing, I first felt flutters at 13 + 6 which is uncommonly early but the midwife confirmed that you can feel them from about 12/13 weeks. I remember the first time clearly - it was quite late and we were watching TV and there was a very distinct little fluttering feeling. It's so reassuring and so wonderful.

Now that you've felt it you will be more aware of it, congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »
    Awww Ocean I'm sure it was, it's just the most amazing sensation in the world isn't it?! It's like a tip tapping/flutter/pulsing sensation and not anything you've ever felt before if you've never been pregnant so if you think that's what it was it was most probably baby Ocean :D

Baby Merkin in a busy little thing, I first felt flutters at 13 + 6 which is uncommonly early but the midwife confirmed that you can feel them from about 12/13 weeks. I remember the first time clearly - it was quite late and we were watching TV and there was a very distinct little fluttering feeling. It's so reassuring and so wonderful.

Now that you've felt it you will be more aware of it, congratulations.

I became aware of Abi moving at 15 weeks so its quite possible, were I not a sufferer of gas, that I would have felt her that early too Merkin!

Now at nearly 22 weeks she kicks all day every day! She stops around 8 in the evening for a snooze :P

Aw isn't it lovely Shasha! My little one is a night owl, can be relatively quiet during the day and then comes out to play at night......bit like its Mummy ;)

Aw isn't it lovely Shasha! My little one is a night owl, can be relatively quiet during the day and then comes out to play at night......bit like its Mummy ;)

I gotta say I do love it, although in college I have to sit in some very uncomfortable positions to take notes, and I worry the kicks are a complaint of lack of space (ergo I spend a lot of the class distracted and shuffling to make room for her to move)!
    The only real honest-to-goodness complaint I've had with this pregnancy so far is being forced to sleep only on my right side (left side causes shooting pain down my left leg which is usually enough to make me scream) but I can get to sleep no problem and I'll usually sleep right through the night (I aim for 9-10 hours :D ) unless I accidentally roll to my left, which wakes me up with pain :o
    I'm also finding it difficult to get clothes. I've literally got about 4 long tops that are still wearable with the bump, but they don't cover my bum any more and none of my leggings fit now. I don't like ordering online - obviously I don't want seethrough leggings and I'd like to be able to try stuff on. I got a pair of maternity jeans in a second hand shop with a bump band - they get very loose around the crotch and cause chafing something terrible, and the other pair I am currently (and slowly) taking up as they were about 7 inches too long (but are below the bump and a much snugger fit everywhere else).

There is absolutely no hiding my pregnancy now, a size XL men's jumper is taut over the bump and any new tshirts have to be at least a 16 to stretch over and still be long enough! And I still have another 16 or so weeks of growing left!!!! :eek:
    [IMG][/img]988789_10152035900582998_864196721_n.jpg

(Tried to crop as much of my arse out as I could, you'd think that would be easier! :p )

You look great Shasha, a perfectly round, healthy looking bump. :) I'm not quite as big but I'm almost a month behind you and I'm sure I'll catch up at the rate baby Merkin is growing!

Re clothes. I HATE Debenhams but their Red Herring range is really good for jeans and bottoms. Do you get up to Norn Iron much? Might be worth a trip as it's probably closer for you than Dublin. Also, M & S have gorgeous stretchy t-shirts for very little at the moment which are very long on the torso so you can get them in your normal size but they still cover everything and they go with everything. New Look also have a decent selection of maternity gear normally although I haven't seen anything I like there recently. Have you tried Pennys as well?

• Advertisement

You look great Shasha, a perfectly round, healthy looking bump. :) I'm not quite as big but I'm almost a month behind you and I'm sure I'll catch up at the rate baby Merkin is growing!

Re clothes. I HATE Debenhams but their Red Herring range is really good for jeans and bottoms. Do you get up to Norn Iron much? Might be worth a trip as it's probably closer for you than Dublin. Also, M & S have gorgeous stretchy t-shirts for very little at the moment which are very long on the torso so you can get them in your normal size but they still cover everything and they go with everything. New Look also have a decent selection of maternity gear normally although I haven't seen anything I like there recently. Have you tried Pennys as well?

Norn Iron, you have no idea how much that made me laugh. I might actually have dribbled a wee bit :p
    Closest New Look is in Dundalk and I can assure you it might as well not even have a maternity section. I went in there last week looking for maternity tights to go with a dress for Friday night. One pair. Literally just one pair. Black, and a tenner. I nearly died!
    Penneys is awful! I bought a pair of maternity skinnies out of there - paid like 14 euros for them (in a size 16) and they dont fit me at all! Cutting off bloodflow at the calves, can barely get them past my arse, and the band is too loose and keeps rolling down onto the jeans part!! I suppose I could get a few more tops there but I'm holding out for the better weather. Their leggings are awful too, see-through after one wash!

Actually going to Dublin at the end of next month, so I might just save up and get a few bits and pieces then. I finish college on the 11th of April so it'll be jammies most days for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Norn Iron, you have no idea how much that made me laugh. I might actually have dribbled a wee bit :p
    Closest New Look is in Dundalk and I can assure you it might as well not even have a maternity section. I went in there last week looking for maternity tights to go with a dress for Friday night. One pair. Literally just one pair. Black, and a tenner. I nearly died!
    Penneys is awful! I bought a pair of maternity skinnies out of there - paid like 14 euros for them (in a size 16) and they dont fit me at all! Cutting off bloodflow at the calves, can barely get them past my arse, and the band is too loose and keeps rolling down onto the jeans part!! I suppose I could get a few more tops there but I'm holding out for the better weather. Their leggings are awful too, see-through after one wash!

Actually going to Dublin at the end of next month, so I might just save up and get a few bits and pieces then. I finish college on the 11th of April so it'll be jammies most days for me :p

If you wanted to splash the cash a bit you could try this shop
    http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/AFDajax.asp?action=detail&sitename=DUBLIN

I've lost 5kg since getting pregnant so no hint of any bump or anything for me yet nor likely to be for a while at this rate (due Oct 8th) but I'm going to buy a few staple pieces from here for work and then get cardigans, tops, etc elsewhere.

Great if you don't need to go to Norn Iron then ;) You'll get a better choice of stuff in Dublin anyway.

I have lots of these tops - they come in navy, shocking pink and lots of other colours and they are sooooo comfy and durable but look nice with jeans or under a blazer or what have you - they're long on the body so cover everything and aren't expensive either.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-v-neck-top-with-stay-new/p/p22253203

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Holly molly Shasha! that's some bump! I feel small now (no offence! very tidy bump indeed!). Well I'm not that small and getting bigger at a mad rate. I have 4.5-5kg plus so far. I don't want to gain too much, 10kgs or so...

I hate having nothing to wear but also hate an idea of buying something that I'd only wear for next 4months. I usually buy high quality clothing that would last me at least couple of years. I also don't have many flat shoes, two or three pairs only and they all summery shoes. Anything on heels, medium height only, kills my back if I have to walk around a bit.

On the high note: now I only have to get up once for a wee during the night between 5-6am. that's some improvement from 3 times just a month ago. Delighted with long unbroken sleep.

and welcome to our little group marieol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

That's a lovely bump ShaSha :) I've had great success with ASOS leggings and New Look maternity tops so far, I don't want to spend a fortune on "temporary" clothes either but it's nice to have nice clothes to offset the feeling of being hyooooge!!

Our 20 week scan was this morning, what an amazing experience. Our little girl (go team pink :pac:) is absolutely perfect, we've been on cloud nine all day :D

oh, I want a girl too!!! so jealous! Congrats!

Jerrica wrote: »
    That's a lovely bump ShaSha :) I've had great success with ASOS leggings and New Look maternity tops so far, I don't want to spend a fortune on "temporary" clothes either but it's nice to have nice clothes to offset the feeling of being hyooooge!!

Our 20 week scan was this morning, what an amazing experience. Our little girl (go team pink :pac:) is absolutely perfect, we've been on cloud nine all day :D

So happy for you! Have ours on Thursday, very excited!!xx

So happy for you! Have ours on Thursday, very excited!!xx

You'll be absolutely blown away, it's the best experience!!

I've lost 5kg since getting pregnant so no hint of any bump or anything for me yet nor likely to be for a while at this rate (due Oct 8th) but I'm going to buy a few staple pieces from here for work and then get cardigans, tops, etc elsewhere.

OMG I love their stuff, it looks like lovely quality. Going to order a few bits and pieces from here tomorrow!

We picked up our first two baby grows for bump yesterday and I didn't even know they had Mum clothes upstairs!!! I do have a loyalty card now though so what better excuse have I to go shopping :pac:

• Advertisement

We picked up our first two baby grows for bump yesterday and I didn't even know they had Mum clothes upstairs!!! I do have a loyalty card now though so what better excuse have I to go shopping :pac:

They have lovely stuff don't they? I had a little look at their site on my iPad last night before going to sleep.
    A friend at work got some clothes there for work during her pregnancy and they were really nice. She was due October 2013 so the time frame and time of year she was dressing for is the same as me.
    Is it really bad that I'm hoping while the summer is nice that its not as hot as last year. It kinda killed her being pregnant in the heat. Its very hard to dress nicely for work while pregnant in such heat and yet remain in any way comfortable.

They have lovely stuff don't they? I had a little look at their site on my iPad last night before going to sleep.
    A friend at work got some clothes there for work during her pregnancy and they were really nice. She was due October 2013 so the time frame and time of year she was dressing for is the same as me.
    Is it really bad that I'm hoping while the summer is nice that its not as hot as last year. It kinda killed her being pregnant in the heat. Its very hard to dress nicely for work while pregnant in such heat and yet remain in any way comfortable.

My mother is a size 20 and I'm currently quite comfortable (albeit a tad embarrassed) in college in her leggings, top and cardigan :p

Is it really bad that I'm hoping while the summer is nice that its not as hot as last year.

Not bad at all - last year's heat would be pretty tough going with a 6+ month bump as you'll have at that stage. Sure I'm due at the end of July and I'm already envisaging myself having to wear a single duvet cover with holes cut out for sleeves because I won't be able to face wearing anything more restrictive/ hotter in my final weeks :D

Not bad at all - last year's heat would be pretty tough going with a 6+ month bump as you'll have at that stage. Sure I'm due at the end of July and I'm already envisaging myself having to wear a single duvet cover with holes cut out for sleeves because I won't be able to face wearing anything more restrictive/ hotter in my final weeks :D

My sister had her 3rd baby in September 2006 which was also a great summer just like last years. She was melted for June, July and August. She used to open the fridge and freezer just to let the cold air wash over her.

Just bought a few lovely tops and seamfree bras from here and was delighted to see at checkout that there is free delivery to both the UK and Ireland so handy for you Shasha if you're not going to be in Dublin. Seeing as you're a student, they also have a couple of nice things in the Outlet part of the site as well for next to nothing so worth having a look.

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp++maternity

Just bought a few lovely tops and seamfree bras from here and was delighted to see at checkout that there is free delivery to both the UK and Ireland so handy for you Shasha if you're not going to be in Dublin. Seeing as you're a student, they also have a couple of nice things in the Outlet part of the site as well for next to nothing so worth having a look.

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp++maternity

I didn't even notice the outlet. I will be spending approximately all of OH's wages there tomorrow.
    Seriously, expect to see a homeless thread in Accom&Prop from me by next week.

I can't wait for summer and I want to it be a hot one! I imagine myself soaking up all that sun all day long in the back garden, mmm lovely! instead of taking those damn Vit D3 tabs.
    I have to check that website out, I wouldn't mind a few nice dresses. I noticed that I don't like wearing anything with a band across my belly even the maternity pants that are cut low at the front. I feel the band lightly pressing against my lower belly when sitting down and it drives me nuts, I feel like undoing the button at the front but there's none :) stupid pants! Dresses all the way for me.

Have 20-week scan tomorrow afternoon, am beside myself with excitement. I can't remember but do I need a full bladder or not for the scan does anyone recall?

Have 20-week scan tomorrow afternoon, am beside myself with excitement. I can't remember but do I need a full bladder or not for the scan does anyone recall?

Nope, baby will be plenty big to be seen on his or her own. I'm so excited for you!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Oh brilliant, thank you Jerrica, it's horrible having to hold on with a full bladder isn't it?

Thanks so much for good wishes, we're both extremely excited. Everyone keeps asking whether I secretly hope for a little boy or girl and I genuinely don't mind at all, I'm just so happy to have a little bubba on the way, I just want it to be healthy and happy. We're looking forward to finding out though, we love Baby Merkin so much already so finding out what flavor it is will make us feel that much closer to the little thing if that makes sense? :)

Advertisement