Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thanks dizzy, it's not that one. My brother and a friend have one that you put about two inches away from baby's head and it gives an infra red reading. Just can't remember the name of it, will find out and come back, it's very good. Like a little stun gun or supermarket scanner!:D

I said I'd come back to you re the thermometer. It's this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VeraTemp-Non-Contact-Multi-Use-Infrared-Thermometer/dp/B00622HY22/ref=pd_sim_sbs_by_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=18P0AQM1GN5GFP6RS7TZ

It's supposed to be very good because you can take their little temperature at any time without disturbing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Merkin wrote: »
    I said I'd come back to you re the thermometer. It's this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VeraTemp-Non-Contact-Multi-Use-Infrared-Thermometer/dp/B00622HY22/ref=pd_sim_sbs_by_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=18P0AQM1GN5GFP6RS7TZ

It's supposed to be very good because you can take their little temperature at any time without disturbing them.

Looks pretty good. Be it that one or a tympanic, it's definitely worth the investment.

Oh definitely! My Mum said babies tend to get cold as well and I know I will need some guidance at the start to establish that both bubba and the room that he is in are at the optimum temperature! It will be such a learning curve but I'm looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Apologies for lowering the tone of the thread with this TMI post!!

Is anyone else feeling damp down below a lot of the time? I am frequent episodes of wetness :( It's not urine cos I have an iron bladder even in this late stage of pregnancy. I don't think it's waters cos there's are no gushes or any hint that things are happening internally. So not sure if it's increased discharge which I reckon is probably normal. Or even if it's just clammy sweatiness due to the warmer weather.

Right now my knickers surrounding my pant liner are wet and also the crotch of my trousers feels damp. I'm leaning towards the clammy option cos It's a nice day and my work trousers that cover my bump act like a lagging jacket around my middle to make me feel very warm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Ocean Blue wrote: »

Is anyone else feeling damp down below a lot of the time? I am frequent episodes of wetness :( It's not urine cos I have an iron bladder even in this late stage of pregnancy. I don't think it's waters cos there's are no gushes or any hint that things are happening internally. So not sure if it's increased discharge which I reckon is probably normal. Or even if it's just clammy sweatiness due to the warmer weather.

Right now my knickers surrounding my pant liner are wet and also the crotch of my trousers feels damp. I'm leaning towards the clammy option cos It's a nice day and my work trousers that cover my bump act like a lagging jacket around my middle to make me feel very warm!

I get this regularly and it seems to be sweatiness. I mostly wear leggings now as its all that fits comfortably but I do find my knickers are well damp and sometimes my leggings as well!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I get this regularly and it seems to be sweatiness. I mostly wear leggings now as its all that fits comfortably but I do find my knickers are well damp and sometimes my leggings as well!

Yeah I reckon that's what it is. I'm not normally a sweaty person but I suppose with the extra weight and these bloody trousers it's to be expected!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hey just to say about thermometers we got the Thermofocus after antenatal class recommended it, it's fab, no contact so we can all use it, can also be used for ambient room temp, baths, food and bottles.

It's €85 on a lot of sites but we found it here for €50! http://www.medipharm.ie/thermofocus-non-contact-thermometer.html

Also about the wetness thing, I'm ahead of you all (39 weeks) but have been getting that damp discharge for a while, it's just like water but not enough to be concerned it's actual waters!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

OceanBlue, I'd be the same "downunder" when going out for a power waddle. I'm sweaty on the sides of my bloomers. This is only when I wear trousers, dresses are fine.
    Of course if you are in any way worried about it, you can give your maternity hospital a call there.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

+1 with the sweatiness. Especially if driving/waddling about :-)

• Advertisement

Ocean Blue wrote: »

im like this everyday. Feels so gross. Ive been changing my underwear two to three times a day. I think it's just clamminess with the occasional leak for me.

I've been having terrible pelvic pain for the last 4/5days. It's god awful. GP reckons spd.

These Braxton Hicks are AWFUL! Feel just like period aches/cramps, varying from mild to me needing OH to rub my back while I bend over furniture and breath through it! :o

Are they frequent Shasha? I get BHs regularly now too but they are totally painless, just rock hardening of the tummy a few times a day. You're further along though so I expect they get a little more painful. Maybe keep an eye on frequency etc just in case it's the real thing!!

Are they frequent Shasha? I get BHs regularly now too but they are totally painless, just rock hardening of the tummy a few times a day. You're further along though so I expect they get a little more painful. Maybe keep an eye on frequency etc just in case it's the real thing!!

I had them every hour from 2pm till 11pm yesterday. Slightly uncomfortable :pac:
    Lost a bit of the plug this morning (glam!) but no blood, so it could be a while yet!

OMG no way! When are you due girl? Do they think you could go early?

OMG no way! When are you due girl? Do they think you could go early?

10th of July :(
    Dunno really, but shes been head down and engaged since April, so maybe she's in a hurry! Mr. Bear was born at 36 weeks, and I was a day late, so maybe she'll come a bit early! Honestly I'm ready - bag packed, everything bought, and well and truly fed up of not being able to put on my own socks :p so I wouldn't object to her coming right now once she was healthy!

There's just no way of knowing really is there? You just have to sit it out I guess and know that it will all be so worth it in the end :) Have you got an App downloaded for contraction timing? Might be worth having to hand in the event they start becoming more frequent. Hopefully the little one will hang on a wee bit longer.

There's just no way of knowing really is there? You just have to sit it out I guess and know that it will all be so worth it in the end :) Have you got an App downloaded for contraction timing? Might be worth having to hand in the event they start becoming more frequent. Hopefully the little one will hang on a wee bit longer.

Yep, been timing every twinge just in case! 37 weeks little lady, just two more and then come on out!!
    (Watch, Ill go two days over! :rolleyes: )

Awww it's so close now :)

Aww ShaShaBear. You sound seriously on your way. Exciting :D

• Advertisement

dizzymiss wrote: »
    Aww ShaShaBear. You sound seriously on your way. Exciting :D

Stahp :o Every morning I wake up and I have to literally drag myself out of bed, and wonder if the exertion will set me off :P
    32 days till due date, OH is convinced I'll go before June is finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I think I agree with him ShaSha :) Generally BH are painless and more of a hardening of the bump like Merkin is describing, if you're having pains they could well be warm up ones, and if some of the plug is loosening away then you're body really is revving up to tmget into action :) You could well go another few weeks, but am early arrival seems like a distinct possibility!!

Jerrica wrote: »
    I think I agree with him ShaSha :) Generally BH are painless and more of a hardening of the bump like Merkin is describing, if you're having pains they could well be warm up ones, and if some of the plug is loosening away then you're body really is revving up to tmget into action :) You could well go another few weeks, but am early arrival seems like a distinct possibility!!

I'm due the World Cup final. I've been warned not to go into labour any time around then :rolleyes:
    I just have this really odd feeling about the 28th of this month. Have done for weeks now. My sister mentioned it in passing one day as her theory test is booked for it, and then that night I had a dream of taking baby home from the hospital and feeding her in MIL's house before heading home. I woke up wailing empty handed and have been fixated on the date ever since! It would only really be a week and a bit early, but I think it's just wishful thinking :pac:

Hope you're all well today ladies. Just wanted to share a really useful link with you all in relation to optimal foetal positioning and getting your bubs in a prime position for labour. My midwife gave me a great handout with lots of info from Jean Sutton and it's been great. Baby Merkin had been back to back a few weeks ago but is turning nicely so for anyone who wants to get their little one ready, these tips are really great!:)

http://www.homebirth.org.uk/ofp.htm

Anyone using a gym ball/birthing ball? I've just inflated mine but no idea what to actually do with it. The above article probably has loads of information but after a whole weekend of working I can't face such a long document right now!!!

This is worth a quick watch Ocean, the ball is great, I find it really comfortable

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/13579-prenatal-exercises-pelvic-tilts

Love the ball too. I found it great from this stage on. Great for posture. I also found it brilliant in the early stages of labour. Hoping it will help with the symptoms of spd. In absolute bits.

It's almost as if my body has only just "realised" it's pregnant :rolleyes:

Over the weekend my bump dropped out and down quite significantly, and my back is paying the price. I was woken this morning at 4am with my first proper Braxton Hicks, and boy were they uncomfortable. Very hard bump, lots of pressure, but the feeling of them waning after each contraction is glorious! They went on for about an hour but bump is still very hard.

Feeling very tired and sorry for myself today, and it's a busy day in work!!

Jerrica wrote: »
    It's almost as if my body has only just "realised" it's pregnant :rolleyes:

Over the weekend my bump dropped out and down quite significantly, and my back is paying the price. I was woken this morning at 4am with my first proper Braxton Hicks, and boy were they uncomfortable. Very hard bump, lots of pressure, but the feeling of them waning after each contraction is glorious! They went on for about an hour but bump is still very hard.

Feeling very tired and sorry for myself today, and it's a busy day in work!!

Despite my moaning, it's also really flipping exciting :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Not sure if I've had the BH contractions, at times my bump hardens when I stand up. Apart from that I'm starting to get worried this little one is going to be sitting in there like a stunned mullet and have to be forced out!

Of course I'm so flipping tired these days I've apparently been having full conversations with my husband when I've been resting in bed in the evening, and not remembering them???!!!

Advertisement