Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Rua1 wrote: »
    Not sure if I've had the BH contractions, at times my bump hardens when I stand up.
    I wasn't sure either until last night Rua, and when they happened I definitely knew all about it! For me it was a feeling of major discomfort, tightness and pressure as opposed to pure pain, but the real give away was the feeling of them subsiding, just like you get when a bad period cramp is starting to relax? That bit is lovely :o
    Rua1 wrote:
    Of course I'm so flipping tired these days I've apparently been having full conversations with my husband when I've been resting in bed in the evening, and not remembering them???!!!
    Oh meet your sister. I wonder do our bodies do this on purpose so we lose memories of all the bad stuff?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Certainly do think we lose our memories, although apparently hubby was also rubbing my feet, which is a good thing, and I can't remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Hey ladies hope ye and bumps are doin well I finished up work last week best thing I done. My bp is on the rise which is not helped by my Little girl wanting to play and run all day so not able for this x my sis in law getting married Saturday looking forward to the day but also dreading it x I'm so ready for this baby to come now after Saturday of course x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

10450755_10152230219292998_1224914515739953108_n.jpg

I've been a busy lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Aww wow so cute :)

• Advertisement

dizzymiss wrote: »
    Aww wow so cute :)

It's the only thing keeping me sane this last few weeks! Doing a bumblebee style one now, hoping to do a matching hat and "pants" for over the nappy.

If I can stay awake :o

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    It's the only thing keeping me sane this last few weeks! Doing a bumblebee style one now, hoping to do a matching hat and "pants" for over the nappy.

If I can stay awake :o

You could do a ladybird too :)

dizzymiss wrote: »
    You could do a ladybird too :)

And a pumpkin, and a strawberry! :D
    I'm keeping the local wool shop in business - I swear I'm the only one that goes in there!

They are fantastic shasha x well done x

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Gorgeous wee dresses Shasha. She's going to look fabulous in them :-)

For those who were talking about the gym ball, here's a video I've been doing. It's nice and easy and has loosened up my back no end. Put pregnancy ball into youtube search and look for Rachel Gaffey's video...I can't put the link up because I'm a new Boards member. :/

Had a quick scan through that positioning website. I'll look at it better in the morning when I'm not so crosseyed. I was in for a scan today and the Midwife said to encourage the baby into the correct position, think UFO. Sit Upright, Forward and legs Open from now on and not to be slouched down in the couch/chair with legs crossed. Makes sense!
    We spoke about the delightful perineum and the possibility of tears...she described a massage technique using almond oil. This could reduce the risk of tears if done regularly...google it there! :P

No Braxton Hicks here but I've noticed more pressure on my bladder the last few days. I could sit on the toilet all day.
    We got to take our file home today... It's all starting to get very real!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

<...>
    We spoke about the delightful perineum and the possibility of tears...she described a massage technique using almond oil. This could reduce the risk of tears if done regularly...google it there! :P <...>

Are you talking about this: Perineal Massage?
    I've read about it before and but I'm very reluctant to put anything in down there :o I'm 34wks so it's about the time to do it...

I went for a scan on Tuesday and was told that my baby weight was 2850g already :eek: I've checked it against the fetal weight growth charts and those say baby should be around 2200g at this stage, so if the scan is right I'm carrying a right monster, estimating 4kg at birth, ouch!
    I really hope scans are very inaccurate, something like ±500grams, better "-" :rolleyes:

Shasha: how adorable! I'm very jealous of those having girls! Mine is definitely a boy. I'm planning to knit him a... pair of socks :o

j@utis wrote: »
    I've read about it before and but I'm very reluctant to put anything in down there :o I'm 34wks so it's about the time to do it...

It's actually not that bad at all :) This might be a bit tmi so I'll spoiler it
    since very early in the pregnancy I've been quite swollen down there and I was very worried about the massage hurting, but done gently it's quite pleasant and I've heard nothing but fantastically positive things from other mums who've used it. I'd rather a semi-pleasant massage than a 3rd degree tear any day!!

Oh and take all those sizing scans with a very large handful of salt, they're notoriously unreliable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Had a glorious 34-week scan this morning and Baby Merkin is simply gorgeous. :) He's in the upper 95th per centile for everything, is a busy little bee with a good strong heartbeat and weighs 6lb 6oz. His head is nicely down as well and beginning to engage, my bump has just dropped overnight. Feeling ever so excited about meeting him and being able to cuddle him!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Very jealous of all the knitters here! I can't knit to save myself. Thankfully my mother and sister in law can, so I've got a few things knitted, including a lovely blanket, and a pair of rugby boots.

Awww...Merkin, that's brilliant your scan went well. Sounds like a lovely wee fella. I'm in for my 36 week (WTF!!!) scan on Monday, will see how the nipper is progressing. Think he was 1.4kgs at 29 + 3, so will see what he weighs now.

Rua1 wrote: »
    Very jealous of all the knitters here! I can't knit to save myself. Thankfully my mother and sister in law can, so I've got a few things knitted, including a lovely blanket, and a pair of rugby boots.

Awww...Merkin, that's brilliant your scan went well. Sounds like a lovely wee fella. I'm in for my 36 week (WTF!!!) scan on Monday, will see how the nipper is progressing. Think he was 1.4kgs at 29 + 3, so will see what he weighs now.

Awww bless the little rugby boots! :) I'm a committed Leinster supporter so I can't wait to get him their little toweling team dressing gown! I'd also love to be able to knit but it's not a talent I've been blessed with.

Best of luck with your scan, please let us know how you go. We're at a lovely stage. I know we're all a bit big and cumbersome and we all have our little ailments and complaints but it's also getting so close to that time when we finally get to MEET the little ones, it's great!

Jerrica wrote: »
    It's actually not that bad at all :) This might be a bit tmi so I'll spoiler it
    since very early in the pregnancy I've been quite swollen down there and I was very worried about the massage hurting, but done gently it's quite pleasant and I've heard nothing but fantastically positive things from other mums who've used it. I'd rather a semi-pleasant massage than a 3rd degree tear any day!!
    I think I'm gonna give it ago.
    I just don't want use my fingers so gonna look for one of those all forgotten sex toys somewhere in the house.
    Merkin wrote: »
    Had a glorious 34-week scan this morning and Baby Merkin is simply gorgeous. :) He's in the upper 95th per centile for everything, is a busy little bee with a good strong heartbeat and weighs 6lb 6oz. <...>
    Phew, your baby is about the same size as mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Cutest clothesline in Wexford today!

So lovely. A few weeks and it'll be a regular site :)

so cute, but those colors hurt my eyes. We've got tons of baby clothing of my OH brothers son and tbh I'm really disappointed with their colors. I've looked at baby clothing in the shops too - why oh why everything has to be in horrible washed out pastels!? I'd love to dress my baby in strong, vivid colors, like greens, reds, yellows and royal blue instead of baby blue.

so cute, but those colors hurt my eyes. We've got tons of baby clothing of my OH brothers son and tbh I'm really disappointed with their colors. I've looked at baby clothing in the shops too - why oh why everything has to be in horrible washed out pastels!? I'd love to dress my baby in strong, vivid colors, like greens, reds, yellows and royal blue instead of baby blue.

Would you buy white and dye it at home? I've done it with a few things!

• Advertisement

That's only one wash with neutral coloured items. The next wash is all primary colours.........I got them in Boots and in Next if I remember correctly. Blue/green/red/yellow striped etc. I thought there was a lot of brightly coloured stuff around actually. Certainly in the shops near me.

I haven't checked Next... But on the other hand we have 5x times of baby clothing that we're gonna need so buying more wouldn't be very wise. This is the brightest piece we've got:
    Babyoveralls_zps49963067.jpg

I haven't checked Next... But on the other hand we have 5x times of baby clothing that we're gonna need so buying more wouldn't be very wise. This is the brightest piece we've got:
    Babyoveralls_zps49963067.jpg

http://www.next.co.uk/x532922s4#781705x53

http://www.boots.ie/en/Mini-Club-Newborn-3-Pack-Bodysuits_1421860/

These are the type of things I bought. Still unisex but brightly coloured. The sleepsuits to match those boots vests are the cutest, they have an elephant embroidered on. Can't find a link for them tho!

NEXT have lovely strong colours for boys and girls. I get a good bit of my daughters stuff there. Always get vests there but buy only white vests. This means i can reuse them with this baby regardless of sex. People say it's too expensive but to be honest Dunnes isnt too far behind price wise in somethings and more expensive for others and the quality isnt as good. You get what you pay for. Tesco are great as well for colours.

I've a load of brightly coloured stuff! I'd take pics but most of it is in the hospital bag :o
    I have a dark luminous pink babygrow with cupcakes all over it and a matching bib in the shape of a cupcake, think I have a bright green one as well. I've got some strong red ones, and a navy and red one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I had no problem finding lovely bright babygros etc for our baby boy! Think we mostly bought (or got presents) from Next, Dunnes, Boots, Mothercare. He's hardly ever in blue. He does wear pink vests occasionally - hand-me-downs from my cousin!

Honestly though I'm surprised you're only seeing washed out pastels in the shops, I suppose it's a few months now since I was shopping, but there was no shortage of lovely vivid colours at the time!

Oh girls the heat is killing me!!!! How is it effecting ye xx

My feet are like two swollen sausages :( I've had no trouble with swelling until now and it's so uncomfortable. Also the general heat-induced grumpiness is no fun :o

The swelling of my feet is astronomical. I'm actually in pain standing up from the pressure, and I've gone up two shoe sizes and can't wear socks or leggings any more because they're too tight! :(

• Advertisement

Me too girls, I've got cankles and they are SO unsightly! Fine when I elevate them but they get really big and swollen it's soon as I do anything.

Advertisement