Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I've started to do this as well - telling people she is due mid-July. I'll be induced on the 22nd if I don't go before then so if it's mid July and nothing happens, people won't be too surprised! I'm actually due in 18 days ( :eek: ) and have a sneaking suspicion she won't see July in my womb - but that's probably wishful thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Anyone else feeling weepy? 37+1 weeks and for the last week I've been very hormonal, especially today. If my hubby even looks at me, my eyes start filling up. Poor divel doesn't know what to say to me. Hopefully it'll ease off soon.

Re peoples' remarks - I'm due on the 12th of July and those Orange Men jokes don't get any funnier. I think I'll be saying mid-July too from now on, although seeing as I'm in semi hibernation I won't be talking to many people anyway.

I was in Pennies today to pick up a few cheap nursing bras/camis as a friend recommended them. I'm normally a size 14 and ended up buying the biggest size they had which was a 18-20 (which was pretty tight but bought it anyway to throw in the bag). If there had to have been a size 30 it'd still be too small 😒 I'll have to save up for a few Debenhams/M&S ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Ive also started saying the end of July rather than a specific date. Last time, people had me demented everyday with "any movement", "anything stirring", "any news". Oh didn't I tell you. Had the baby last week, my bad!!! And bless, I know people mean well (or in the case of my friends, they had bets...) but seriously.

dizzymiss wrote: »
    Ive also started saying the end of July rather than a specific date. Last time, people had me demented everyday with "any movement", "anything stirring", "any news". Oh didn't I tell you. Had the baby last week, my bad!!! And bless, I know people mean well (or in the case of my friends, they had bets...) but seriously.

I could accept it if it were just distant acquaintances etc that wouldn't know you or your family well enough to have heard the news without asking. But it really irks me when people who ought to know right well you haven't had the baby still ask.
    My cousin asked me if I had any progress yet and I was like "If I did, I'd have a baby, and you would know. Besides which, this is my first - how am I supposed to know what progress even means???"

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I could accept it if it were just distant acquaintances etc that wouldn't know you or your family well enough to have heard the news without asking. But it really irks me when people who ought to know right well you haven't had the baby still ask.
    My cousin asked me if I had any progress yet and I was like "If I did, I'd have a baby, and you would know. Besides which, this is my first - how am I supposed to know what progress even means???"

Oh I hear ya shasha, my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law were texting and asking, aling with other people who would know full well. This along with the unwanted bump touching annoys me most. Get your hands off of me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Sinker

Hey ladies,

I hope you are all doing well!
    I have a question mostly to the ones who have had another baby already..
    I will be 38 weeks on Wednesday. Last Tuesday I saw some brown discharge and I immediately called the hospital. They told me that it's the show/ mucus removing from the cervix indicating that the process has started.. I was happy because I'd rather have her earlier than later.
    Then, on Thursday I wen to my GP for a regulat check and I told him about the discharge that went on for a couple of days and he got worried saying that it might be an infection! :S i must say that I don't trust my GP but I think he thought it was an infection because the last time I saw him I told him I have itchiness and he have me a cream. I called back at the hospital and they calmed me down saying that they think it's the mucus and I shouldn't be worried. However, they cannot say how long it will take until the delivery, maybe hours and maybe 4 weeks..
    I am still waiting and I wonder if any of you has had a similar experience.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Sinker wrote: »
    Hey ladies,

I hope you are all doing well!
    I have a question mostly to the ones who have had another baby already..
    I will be 38 weeks on Wednesday. Last Tuesday I saw some brown discharge and I immediately called the hospital. They told me that it's the show/ mucus removing from the cervix indicating that the process has started.. I was happy because I'd rather have her earlier than later.
    Then, on Thursday I wen to my GP for a regulat check and I told him about the discharge that went on for a couple of days and he got worried saying that it might be an infection! :S i must say that I don't trust my GP but I think he thought it was an infection because the last time I saw him I told him I have itchiness and he have me a cream. I called back at the hospital and they calmed me down saying that they think it's the mucus and I shouldn't be worried. However, they cannot say how long it will take until the delivery, maybe hours and maybe 4 weeks..
    I am still waiting and I wonder if any of you has had a similar experience.

Thanks!

Haven't had baby but got show last Weds and Mucus plug ever since. Show is darker brown/red and mucus plug looks like your vagina has a horrific snotty nose:)

I went to my GP a few times over pregnancy with stuff and found them actually rubbish so I'd tend to go with what your hospital is saying and if you feel uncomfortable ask can you bring in a sample that they can assess?

Thanks SmokeyEyes!
    I do agree that GPs are rubbish when it comes to pregnancy..

I got the same, in the beginning the brown discharge and since yesterday the mucus plug. I think I get more when I have walked a lot or have gotten myself tired..
    I just hope this means that baby is coming earlier.. :)

Thanks SmokeyEyes!
    I do agree that GPs are rubbish when it comes to pregnancy..

I got the same, in the beginning the brown discharge and since yesterday the mucus plug. I think I get more when I have walked a lot or have gotten myself tired..
    I just hope this means that baby is coming earlier.. :)

I know the mucus plug can grow back but if you're having a show as well it sounds very positive! Although master of Rotunda thought I was going to go into labour on Weds night and said he'd eat his hat if I didn't go before Tuesday and here we are on Monday and the baby is as snug as anything in there:rolleyes:

I had similar experience close to my time (around 38weeks) and got my hopes up. Nothing happened just an increase in discharge with tinges of brown in it. Then at 40+3 I actually lost my plug. It was about the size of my fist and like a really giant snot (sorry!!!). I had her at 41weeks. But i'd say you're on they way anyway, midwife said to me your cervix produces a lot more discharge when the time is near as it is getting ready for birth. Fun times ahead :p

• Advertisement

dizzymiss wrote: »
    I had similar experience close to my time (around 38weeks) and got my hopes up. Nothing happened just an increase in discharge with tinges of brown in it. Then at 40+3 I actually lost my plug. It was about the size of my fist and like a really giant snot (sorry!!!). But i'd say you're on they way anyway, midwife said to me your cervix produces a lot more discharge when the time is near as it is getting ready for birth. Fun times ahead :p

The mucus plug is definitely a snotty affair:D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Hmmmmm......so I assume I'll know when my plug goes then!!! I haven't had anything too strange yet, except some stabbing pains in the downunder region, which I'm told is baby headbutting me or similar.

WoollyWoman, I'm also feeling pretty weepy too. It's such a major life change, and it's kind of freaking me out that it is right around the corner, even though I've had 8 months to prepare for this, and he wasn't a surprise pregnancy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I know the mucus plug can grow back but if you're having a show as well it sounds very positive! Although master of Rotunda thought I was going to go into labour on Weds night and said he'd eat his hat if I didn't go before Tuesday and here we are on Monday and the baby is as snug as anything in there:rolleyes:

Ooooh, what is the difference between a show and the mucus plug? I thought they were one in the same?

Merkin wrote: »
    Ooooh, what is the difference between a show and the mucus plug? I thought they were one in the same?

The mucus plug can come away and regrow, but a show is when it is tinged with blood (which usually indicates labour within 2 days). I lost my plug two weeks ago, but there was no blood, so it's probably grown back :(

It's definitely a good sign although we've been disappointed as I had a show Weds, loads of mucus plug, I was 2-3cm dilated that day and still no dice!! All good indicators anyway...

Definitely close and hoping I'm even more dilated tomorrow when I go in so they're just like 'ah sure you're half way there', they'll break my waters, give me magic drugs and an hour later the baby will be there:D:D

I got brown blood/ show a week ago and still nothing..

How do you know how much dilated you are? They never examined me in the hospital..

I got brown blood/ show a week ago and still nothing..

How do you know how much dilated you are? They never examined me in the hospital..

I don't think I get examined until 40 weeks when I get my first sweep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I think if I was to see sign of my plug I'd lose my life with excitement :pac: it's getting bloody tough now, so heavy, so tired, more than a bit fed up. Tried going for a walk this morning but the lightening crotch hit with a vengeance and it was just too painful (baby is very low and her head seems to bounce off my cervix when I'm upright, major ouchies).

I've been getting Braxton Hicks' all yesterday evening and today, but they really aren't a sign of anything, just darn uncomfortable. I am so ready to meet this baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

How is everone doing today x

I have to go for a growth scan today never had one with my 1st small bit worried don't know why :-(

Absolutely nothing to worry about.I had one a couple of weeks ago, it will give you another chance to see the little one and they just track measurements and growth per centile for a number of different things. Try and enjoy it xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I'm just worried if they tell me baby is small x I'm quite a big girl ;-) my 1st was 6lb 14oz and she was 10days late

I'm just worried if they tell me baby is small x I'm quite a big girl ;-) my 1st was 6lb 14oz and she was 10days late

And I'm sure she's thriving? Almost 7lbs is still a good birth weight so you really don't need to worry xx

Merkin is right Betsie. Try and enjoy it. And nearly 7lbs is a great birth rate. You're size doesnt really matter. I know a girl who is about 5ft and 7st normally and she had an 11lber. Enjoy the scan x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Franw246

Im 40+2 weeks and ive been losing my mucus plug for the last few days but had what I think was my bloody show this morning.. Im having slight cramping pains since then..
    Ive the constant need to pee all the time, would that have anything to do with my waters breaking?
    Im due back in the hospital tomorrow for a check up and for them to discuss a sweep.. I dont know whether to get it done or not.. Ive heard from a few people it can be quite sore..
    Im a first time mom so not really sure on anything really.. Getting pretty scared about the whole thing at this stage..

Franw246 wrote: »
    Im 40+2 weeks and ive been losing my mucus plug for the last few days but had what I think was my bloody show this morning.. Im having slight cramping pains since then..
    Ive the constant need to pee all the time, would that have anything to do with my waters breaking?
    Im due back in the hospital tomorrow for a check up and for them to discuss a sweep.. I dont know whether to get it done or not.. Ive heard from a few people it can be quite sore..
    Im a first time mom so not really sure on anything really.. Getting pretty scared about the whole thing at this stage..

From what I've read (never had one done either) if you're favourable for a sweep then it might be of help to get things going. If you're unfavourable it'll do nothing and can be very uncomfortable. If it were me I'd establish first if I was favourable and them make the decision :)

All my hicks stopped, was having them daily about two weeks ago, lost my whole plug with no blood and was extremely restless. Now I'm just fed up :P Not a single sign of imminent labour, no cramping, no tightening, baby is moving like always :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I had a sweep after my waters broke to try get things moving. It was uncomfortable but not in the least bit painful.. And I went in to labour 3 hrs later!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    All my hicks stopped, was having them daily about two weeks ago, lost my whole plug with no blood and was extremely restless. Now I'm just fed up :P Not a single sign of imminent labour, no cramping, no tightening, baby is moving like always :confused:

ShaSha that is extremely frustrating. The stop-startness of it all is a real mind game. Is it too much to ask that everything, once started, just goes nice and smoothly?? :D

I started having contractions this morning, nothing to get excited about but it was definitely surge pains and not just BH. I'll likely get this frequently for the next few weeks. And so the games begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Franw246

Jerrica wrote: »
    From what I've read (never had one done either) if you're favourable for a sweep then it might be of help to get things going. If you're unfavourable it'll do nothing and can be very uncomfortable. If it were me I'd establish first if I was favourable and them make the decision :)

This will also be my first internal exam too so not even too sure what they do to me at all..

• Advertisement

Jerrica wrote: »
    ShaSha that is extremely frustrating. The stop-startness of it all is a real mind game. Is it too much to ask that everything, once started, just goes nice and smoothly?? :D

I started having contractions this morning, nothing to get excited about but it was definitely surge pains and not just BH. I'll likely get this frequently for the next few weeks. And so the games begin...

When we started trying, my partner said "Wouldn't it be great if the rise in HCG just turned your tongue luminous blue before you brushed your teeth". Now we're in the same predicament. One solid, factual change in my body's comings and goings to indicate labour in T-minus whatever would be nice :o Like, I dunno, your pee turns blue or something :rolleyes:

Advertisement