Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Ocean I hear you on the heartburn water even kills me :-(

Sounds close sha sha xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Ocean I hear you on the heartburn water even kills me :-(

Sounds close sha sha xx

I actually didn't have it during last night so hopefully the worst of that bout is over. It was my own fault for having Chinese on Thursday night to celebrate finishing work :(

Hopefully your over it now ocean,

How is everyone today?

Hopefully your over it now ocean,

How is everyone today?

Im wondering when the nesting instinct is gonna kick in! So much to do, far too lazy to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Im wondering when the nesting instinct is gonna kick in! So much to do, far too lazy to do it!

I've had it a while now, but in saying that I've always been very pernickity/nesty when it comes to decoration and rearranging rooms etc :P
    Still very crampy today, tired and sore. Losing more bits of plug every day so I'm hoping something happens soon (because I can't be this sore for another 3 weeks!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I've had it a while now, but in saying that I've always been very pernickity/nesty when it comes to decoration and rearranging rooms etc :P
    Still very crampy today, tired and sore. Losing more bits of plug every day so I'm hoping something happens soon (because I can't be this sore for another 3 weeks!)

Oooh I bet it'll happen soon for you! I think I was losing plug maybe Monday-Thursday, then went into labour on the Friday! Are you getting any blood?

Oooh I bet it'll happen soon for you! I think I was losing plug maybe Monday-Thursday, then went into labour on the Friday! Are you getting any blood?

No, not even a bit :( Getting an internal Thursday week so if I haven't gone by then I should get a better idea of how my baby factory is progressing :D

Really need to start thinking about names - we have hardly discussed it at all and have no real contenders yet!!

Oh nesting has kicked in here all my kitchen has been rearranged don't know where anything is haha x kitchen is not that big haha x

Oh sha sha hopefully something will happen for you soon, having a sweep myself next Thursday hoping that will start something

Have some names picked out but nothing set in stone x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Hi girls I know I haven't posted much but wanted to pass on the good news 😃
    Our wee man arrived Wednesday - hadn't a clue he was going to arrive early no signs at all - had a very straight forward labour thank god. Went into labour myself at home early Wednesday morning, made my way to hospital a few hours later when contractions were 5 mins apart and delivered a few hours after that. All in all the pushing phase only lasted half an hour and was relatively (lol) bearable.
    Someone asked about the nesting phase - I reckon mine is only kicking in now 😀 since I came home I've been like a mother hen clucking found the place - washing machine on constantly, kitchen hasn't been tidier and I can't seem to stop
    Best of luck to all !

• Advertisement

Ah congratulations happy must be delighted to have it over with

Hi girls I know I haven't posted much but wanted to pass on the good news ðŸ˜႒
    Our wee man arrived Wednesday - hadn't a clue he was going to arrive early no signs at all - had a very straight forward labour thank god. Went into labour myself at home early Wednesday morning, made my way to hospital a few hours later when contractions were 5 mins apart and delivered a few hours after that. All in all the pushing phase only lasted half an hour and was relatively (lol) bearable.
    Someone asked about the nesting phase - I reckon mine is only kicking in now 😀 since I came home I've been like a mother hen clucking found the place - washing machine on constantly, kitchen hasn't been tidier and I can't seem to stop
    Best of luck to all !

Wow congrats! A week early is a perfect time for baby to put in an appearance. Maybe you'll set a trend for the rest of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Not much of an appetite here either. Had a fry for breakfast this morning and I feel full up to the brim...feel a bit queasy. Baby has been very active in the last few days.
    Got a burst of energy yesterday and got a load of cleaning done. Went for a swim last night and felt good but my back was as stiff as a poker when I got up to go to the toilet during the night...I might have over stretched with the hoover 😕.
    Lying on the couch listening to relaxing music with my dog and reading boards...it could be worse 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Congratulations Happywithlife :-) Wouldn't mind going early myself! Great to hear a nice labour story :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sinker

Congratulations Happywithlife :-) all the best for you and your baby!
    I hope i'll follow soon.. had some mucus plug almost 2 weeks ago, but still no sign of labour. The pains on my cervix are getting all the more uncomfortable, cannot change sides in bed or walk properly.. :-(
    Heartburn is just horrible and having it almost daily now.. My mother tells me this happens when the baby grows hair, but not sure if i should believe that. With all this heartburn she will come out with long hair! Haha

I had awful heartburn on my 1st too everyone told me my Little girl would have a big head of hair and she was bald haha x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

How are all the other July Mummies? Can you believe that July is here on Tuesday?! I feel so blessed to have gotten to this stage, we are nearly there :)

I think baby Merkin engaged or has semi engaged today. A lot of pubic pressure, peeing little amounts VERY often and the feeling of having an orange between my legs, I think a waddle may be imminent!

I know can't believe it's July next week x delighted to be here x can't wait to meet baba now x

Same sort of feeling here a lot of pressure too and exhausted would love a day in bed no chance of that happening though :-(

Baby is still very much inside, and causing me sooooo much discomfort. Getting stabbing pains in my foof when I walk that are so bad I often cry out and have to stay doubled over until they stop. Period cramps are so unbearable - I break out in a sweat and feel nauseous! Been taking it very easy today, but still so uncomfortable and just wishing I would go into labour so I could get a reward for the pain! 11 days until due date, but I'm allowed to go 12 days over! No way on this earth I can deal with this level of pain for another three weeks!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaSha those are called lightening pains, I have them too, it's when baby's head lies on a nerve at the cervix. They're horrific aren't they? There are days I can't walk 100 yards with the pain :(

• Advertisement

Jerrica wrote: »
    ShaSha those are called lightening pains, I have them too, it's when baby's head lies on a nerve at the cervix. They're horrific aren't they? There are days I can't walk 100 yards with the pain :(

My partner actually suggested we go to Belfast Zoo tomorrow for a walk in the hopes that it would get things moving, but him having to walk 5 minutes back from the shops to get the car to collect me pretty much quashed all hopes of that :p They are so, so bad - no-one warned me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I'd no idea either, apparently high up babies cause heartburn, low babies cause lightening pain. Great craic eh?? I was a great walker though and I really miss it now.

I could be having an August baby at this rate. I have exactly zero symptoms to indicate baby is anywhere near engaging :(

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Baby is still very much inside, and causing me sooooo much discomfort. Getting stabbing pains in my foof when I walk that are so bad I often cry out and have to stay doubled over until they stop. Period cramps are so unbearable - I break out in a sweat and feel nauseous! Been taking it very easy today, but still so uncomfortable and just wishing I would go into labour so I could get a reward for the pain! 11 days until due date, but I'm allowed to go 12 days over! No way on this earth I can deal with this level of pain for another three weeks!!!! :(

I'm getting lightening vag as well. Apparently very common at this stage of the game and seems to happen at the most inopportune moments too as it ends up taking my breath away!!

I'm the same with walking. We went around the shops today and between my need to pee, lightening fanjita, pubic stretching and the feeling of being about to pop out an orange, I didn't get very far at all. :o

I know it's hard but it's also a great sign that our bodies are preparing as they should. It's for a very short time. I'm so glad to be off work. Mr. Merkin is treating me to a day in a spa and I can't wait, it's come at a good time.

We're nearly there girls!:)

I could be having an August baby at this rate. I have exactly zero symptoms to indicate baby is anywhere near engaging :(

Plenty of time. My midwife said plenty don't engage until labour so I wouldn't worry.

I just Google imaged mucus plug......just as I suspected it would look like.

Merkin wrote: »
    Plenty of time. My midwife said plenty don't engage until labour so I wouldn't worry.

I just Google imaged mucus plug......just as I suspected it would look like.

Ah yeah, in my head I know it could all change overnight! But seeing as I don't feel anymore pregnant than I did two months ago, and I have absolutely no discomfort/pressure/pelvic pain I just can't help myself wondering when baby will ever appear :)

Ah yeah, in my head I know it could all change overnight! But seeing as I don't feel anymore pregnant than I did two months ago, and I have absolutely no discomfort/pressure/pelvic pain I just can't help myself wondering when baby will ever appear :)

I've been the same tbh but my symptoms are distinctly different today, literally overnight, so it could all change quickly. Or it might not! Enjoy it while it lasts :)

For those who are finished up in work already, how are you finding the time off?

I'm only on day 4 and am still in bed, I hate to say it but I forsee boredom kicking in soon enough ðŸ˜

I'm loving it Ocean. I didn't sleep well at all last night and it's lovely not to have to try and soldier on through the tiredness. Planning on doing a bit of baking later, followed by a catch up on some rubbish TV I've recorded and will probably go for a swim. And not forgetting my afternoon nap which I've had every day! It's bliss and personally I'm enjoying it.

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    I'm loving it Ocean. I didn't sleep well at all last night and it's lovely not to have to try and soldier on through the tiredness. Planning on doing a bit of baking later, followed by a catch up on some rubbish TV I've recorded and will probably go for a swim. And not forgetting my afternoon nap which I've had every day! It's bliss and personally I'm enjoying it.

I'll soldier on! Just have to adjust to the lack of routine after usually being so busy ☺

Advertisement