Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Ah yeah, in my head I know it could all change overnight! But seeing as I don't feel anymore pregnant than I did two months ago, and I have absolutely no discomfort/pressure/pelvic pain I just can't help myself wondering when baby will ever appear :)

It literally did change overnight for me.......I was like you a week and a half ago.
    Now I think I alarm random people with my lightening pains when out and about, which I guess is understandable, a heavily pregnant woman in obvious pain :)

I had an appointment at the Coombe on Thursday, apparently baby is partially engaged, and I've been getting period-type cramping for the last week or so, so I guess things are moving along.

Poor hubby is pretty jumpy these days, all I can do is groan at something and he's at his panic station.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I know, I think a lot of people find that. My midwife said it's a great opportunity for your body to rest and relax before labour though so try and look at it that way, your building energy reserves for the big day. The weather forecast is good too so a nice chance to catch up on some sunbathing!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Relax??? Lulz :pac:
    I'm going to spend all day exerting myself hanging clothes on the line, and then hopefully walking into town (20 mins each way) for Pringles and Coke.
    Mr. Bear gave me a serving of ripened fruit this morning ( ;) ) so I'm hoping I might kickstart something!

10 more days!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I'm loving time off work I'm getting to spend some quality time with my little girl before baby comes would love a day to relax myself though x

I'm a bit cranky today didn't sleep great last night and my hips are killing me :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

In the hospital this afternoon. They agree I'm well away from giving birth still - baby too high, urine too clear.......

Not back there until 4 days before my due date when we will be having a serious discussion about an 'exit strategy'!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 R.P.McMurphy

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Relax??? Lulz :pac:
    I'm going to spend all day exerting myself hanging clothes on the line, and then hopefully walking into town (20 mins each way) for Pringles and Coke.
    Mr. Bear gave me a serving of ripened fruit this morning ( ;) ) so I'm hoping I might kickstart something!

10 more days!!!!

When you say "serving of ripened fruit in the morning".....

When you say "serving of ripened fruit in the morning".....

It's a rather more pleasant way of saying we worked on my cervix :pac:
    Not that he gave me fresh pineapple :P

It's a rather more pleasant way of saying we worked on my cervix :pac:
    Not that he gave me fresh pineapple :P

Haha that's brilliant ;-) I had that Sunday and nothing haha xx did you manage a walk or anything today shasha? I'm back to the hospital Thursday would l love to go before then but can't see that happening x

Haha that's brilliant ;-) I had that Sunday and nothing haha xx did you manage a walk or anything today shasha? I'm back to the hospital Thursday would l love to go before then but can't see that happening x

Ive been on the go all day. Mood is ecstatic for some reason, I'm buzzing with energy, got a serious appetite, gutting the whole house out (but not in a furious nesting way, more a its a lovely day and I feel like cleaning kind of way). OH isn't sure what to make of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

OH isn't sure what to make of it!

That surge of energy often happens right before things start to happen ;)

Went to the GP this morning, both myself and the little lady are in great health, but given how tired I am and the difficulty I'm having with walking the doc wants me to finish up earlier than planned and get some rest. So only two more working days to go!! I'm so happy!!

• Advertisement

Oh that could be a positive shasha xx ;-)

Got more strong period cramps for about an hour there a while ago and now they're let up again :mad:
    Seems there's nothing happening tonight anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Merkin wrote: »
    <...>I just Google imaged mucus plug......just as I suspected it would look like.
    :eek: bleurgh I did not want to see that!
    Ah yeah, in my head I know it could all change overnight! But seeing as I don't feel anymore pregnant than I did two months ago, and I have absolutely no discomfort/pressure/pelvic pain I just can't help myself wondering when baby will ever appear :)

oh you lucky b! just joking. I was absolutely fine till the last week... I think my bump has dropped and put me under pressure now! I've started getting those periods like pains when I move around, I'm fine when sitting still. If I want to go for a walk I have to wear a bump support.
    Merkin wrote: »
    <...> Planning on doing a bit of baking later, <...>.
    and what did you bake? I baked gorgeous carrot cake earlier today. I had a tiny piece myself and the rest is up to my OH. I can guarantee it won't last past tomorrows breakfast! half of the cake is gone already. I like baking but I don't really eat stuff like that.

Overall I'm feeling fine, enjoying good weather, sunbathing and just being lazy day after day after day... I'm 37wks on Wed, so another 3wks to go. I wouldn't mind going in earlier but there's nothing I can do to speed it up. Baby is getting big and strong. Those subtle and elegant kicks are long gone now and have been replaced by wrestling movements of some sort. It gets really annoying and sore sometimes.
    I find GP visits quite pointless really. He quickly does blood pressure, urine sample, weight and listens to the baby's heart. All these things I can do myself at home. Midwife seems to be more interested and carting.

and Congrats to our new mum, happywithlife!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

It's our birth month, YAYYYYY!!! :D

Well done girls we made it to July woohoo :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

The last page made me laugh out load :D These last few weeks are such a unique experience, it's great to connect with others in the same boat.
    I'm on the 'no symptoms' team too. Tried the bauld thing ;-) last night but didn't cause any twinges...just light headedness! We're going swimming in the evenings for the next week, so hopefully that helps. I love that you can do crazy lunges in the water with little effort to get those labour muscles stretched.

We have the hospital tomorrow, I hope they check for any dilation. The pelvic clenches aren't as easy to do now so I'm thinking I might be expanding down there.

j@utis wrote: »
    :eek: bleurgh I did not want to see that!

oh you lucky b! just joking. I was absolutely fine till the last week... I think my bump has dropped and put me under pressure now! I've started getting those periods like pains when I move around, I'm fine when sitting still. If I want to go for a walk I have to wear a bump

I do want to feel things developing obviously but I'm happy that baby will come when it's ready. The hospital confirming my suspicions that I'm *probably* a fair way off yet has actually been very helpful. I'm due the 18th so potentially going to 42 weeks would bring me to 1st or 2nd of August. I'm not going to focus on each and every symptom I feel and hope it's baby coming because I just think that will make the wait so much longer and drive me crazy. Once I've a baby by 2nd of August I'm happy enough!

The last page made me laugh out load :D These last few weeks are such a unique experience, it's great to connect with others in the same boat.
    I'm on the 'no symptoms' team too. Tried the bauld thing ;-) last night but didn't cause any twinges...just light headedness! We're going swimming in the evenings for the next week, so hopefully that helps. I love that you can do crazy lunges in the water with little effort to get those labour muscles stretched.

We have the hospital tomorrow, I hope they check for any dilation. The pelvic clenches aren't as easy to do now so I'm thinking I might be expanding down there.

What stage are you at? I was in the hospital yesterday and there was no hint of them doing an examination and this is week 38 for me. Now I was happy enough with that cos I know myself nothings happening down there but I suppose it varies by hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'd like my baby to come on 11th of July on my OH birthday :D that'd be some present! or on 14th of July because it's a nice date birth date to have 14.7.14 ;)

I'd like my baby to come on 11th of July on my OH birthday :D that'd be some present! or on 14th of July because it's a nice date birth date to have 14.7.14 ;)

It would be great if we could pick!!

• Advertisement

It would be great if we could pick!!

OH got a job interview for a dream job on Thursday, so we're hoping I go today, tomorrow or over this weekend so he doesn't have to ask for time off if he gets it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

I'm 38+4 Ocean. They might only do the usual BP, urine test etc but I think I'll ask them to have a look just to see if there's anything going on...probably not like but I wouldn't mind them having a look. This bambino seems to be pretty happy in there so I might be well over due. I'd like to get weighed too as I haven't weighed myself through the whole pregnancy. My Mam was over with 5 of us and brought in early with my twin and I...we didn't even want to come out! I'm due on the 12th but it wouldn't bother me going later as I'm not too uncomfortable (she says now!) My brother is home around the 17th from abroad, which his birthday so it'd be cool to go that day :-)
    We don't have a birth plan to speak of as we're going to take things as they come but we have scribbled a few things down to mention to the Midwife.
    Straight after the hospital I'm going to get my hair cut. It feels like a tonne weight on the top of my head! Can't wait!

I'm 38+4 Ocean. They might only do the usual BP, urine test etc but I think I'll ask them to have a look just to see if there's anything going on...probably not like but I wouldn't mind them having a look. This bambino seems to be pretty happy in there so I might be well over due. I'd like to get weighed too as I haven't weighed myself through the whole pregnancy. My Mam was over with 5 of us and brought in early with my twin and I...we didn't even want to come out! I'm due on the 12th but it wouldn't bother me going later as I'm not too uncomfortable (she says now!) My brother is home around the 17th from abroad, which his birthday so it'd be cool to go that day :-)
    We don't have a birth plan to speak of as we're going to take things as they come but we have scribbled a few things down to mention to the Midwife.
    Straight after the hospital I'm going to get my hair cut. It feels like a tonne weight on the top of my head! Can't wait!

I'm getting mine done Saturday! Grey as a badger and sooooo long. Would love to have it done last thing before baby but I figure it's better to do it while I'm still comfy, nothing worse than sitting for 3 hours if my back gets sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

I'd like either the 13th of July, as that's my parents 40th wedding anniversary, or the 15th of July, to share with my brother (which would make 3 aunties/uncles sharing birthdays with nieces/nephews on my side).

I swear if I could have an eviction today, I would. I think he's hitting some nerves as he moves around, as I get the short stabbing pains from time to time.

Maternity leaves starts for me on Thursday too, yay!

Oh do girls go get your hair down will make you feel a million dollars xXx

I'm so so tired today fighting to stay awake no energy what so ever :-(

I'm so so tired today fighting to stay awake no energy what so ever :-(

I hate days like that. It doesn't happen much but the odd day it does I just feel like someone has taken my batteries out and I can hardly function :(

Yep that's exactly how I'm feeling my poor Little girl just want to play all day and all I want to do is sleep xx bet she will be delighted to see her daddy later haha xx

Just had home visit from lovely midwife and Baby Merkin is working on his little exit strategy! :) His head is 2/5 engaged, he is in a good position, my bump has dropped nicely and he has a good strong heartbeat. I was a bit surprised that his heartbeat was lowish at 120 and she said that as we approach due date their heart rates slows a little and is perfectly normal at this stage which is interesting to know. I'm getting SOOOOO excited!! :D

That's great news merkin :-D

• Advertisement

Aww thanks Betsie. It's no indication of when he will come but it's lovely and reassuring to know he's getting himself ready for the big day :) He'll come when he is good and ready but nice to know he is packing his little case anyway!

Advertisement