Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I'm hoping to be told something similar Thursday ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

When are you due again Betsie? You said you've been feeling that pressure too so sounds like you may be engaged too. Are you having a sweep on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Out for a long ramble this morning with OH and the "lightening" pains were excrutiating. I actually screamed and almost fell over on the street from one, and ended up having to wait for my OH to walk home, get the car and come back for me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Ah God love ye Shasha! That was traumatic I'd say. Hope you got a good rest when you got home xxx

Ah God love ye Shasha! That was traumatic I'd say. Hope you got a good rest when you got home xxx

Refusing to move tomorrow. In fact, I'm contemplating spending the day in bed!

• Advertisement

I'm due the 10th merkin having sweep Thursday at my appointment never thought I would say this but I'm looking forward to it ;-)

Ooooh let us know how you go! How come they are giving you a sweep so early? Bubs could really be here any day then, especially as it's not your first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Very excited for all you girlies, our baby Oscar is a week old today and we're in a massive loved up state:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Insomnia :( Can't even close my eyes, they keep springing back open. I'm gonna be dead tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Out for a long ramble this morning with OH and the "lightening" pains were excrutiating. I actually screamed and almost fell over on the street from one, and ended up having to wait for my OH to walk home, get the car and come back for me! :(

Oh ShaSha I can empathise. Do it, stay in bed or on the couch and rest, you need to relax more than ever now.

I've been having strong BH since about 8.30 last night, sometimes sore, but mostly an extremely uncomfortable rock hard bump. They've woken me up dour or five times overnight. Thank goodness it's my last day in work...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Insomnia :( Can't even close my eyes, they keep springing back open. I'm gonna be dead tomorrow!

Hope you managed to get some rest Ocean x

Jerrica wrote: »
    Hope you managed to get some rest Ocean x

Thanks! Got a couple of hours of very restless sleep - better than nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Those lightening pains certainly are pretty horrible......

It's my last day of work today, and we are getting pizza delivered, rather than go out to lunch as I don't want to alarm my colleagues if we walk to a restaurant......

Sorry to hear you are sleeping badly, OceanBlue. I think my husband can sympathise as apparently I keep him up half the night with very loud snoring. Actually not sure why he doesn't sleep on the couch if it's that bad.

Rua1 wrote: »
    Those lightening pains certainly are pretty horrible......

It's my last day of work today, and we are getting pizza delivered, rather than go out to lunch as I don't want to alarm my colleagues if we walk to a restaurant......

Sorry to hear you are sleeping badly, OceanBlue. I think my husband can sympathise as apparently I keep him up half the night with very loud snoring. Actually not sure why he doesn't sleep on the couch if it's that bad.

Thanks! Normally I sleep like a baby so I'm hoping it was just a once off :) Wrecked now tho. Came down to Wexford to collect a TENS machine I'm renting for the birth, once I've had a bite of lunch it's home for a power nap. I don't nap but if it's successful it may become a habit!!

Thanks! Normally I sleep like a baby so I'm hoping it was just a once off :) Wrecked now tho. Came down to Wexford to collect a TENS machine I'm renting for the birth, once I've had a bite of lunch it's home for a power nap. I don't nap but if it's successful it may become a habit!!

Napping is fabulous, although I'm still a novice. Went for a nap at 8pm last night and woke up at 10 this morning. Probably not how one should nap.
    Breast pump came today! Had to try it because, to be honest, I was a bit afraid of what it might feel like to have it or a baby at the breast. Not uncomfortable by any standards, but man does it feel weird!!!

Napping is fabulous, although I'm still a novice. Went for a nap at 8pm last night and woke up at 10 this morning. Probably not how one should nap.
    Breast pump came today! Had to try it because, to be honest, I was a bit afraid of what it might feel like to have it or a baby at the breast. Not uncomfortable by any standards, but man does it feel weird!!!

Which one did you get? Assuming breast feeding works out for me I'm gonna get the Medela Swing. It seems it's not recommended to pump for the first six weeks if possible so ill hold off til nearer then to purchase. Worst case if I need it urgently the suppliers are less than an hour from home. I just didn't want to risk paying so much money and then feeding doesn't work out for me. Right or wrong decision.........who knows!

Merkin I don't know why the sweep at 39week's Dr just said it to me the last day I was in I don't mind 1bit really xx

Which one did you get? Assuming breast feeding works out for me I'm gonna get the Medela Swing. It seems it's not recommended to pump for the first six weeks if possible so ill hold off til nearer then to purchase. Worst case if I need it urgently the suppliers are less than an hour from home. I just didn't want to risk paying so much money and then feeding doesn't work out for me. Right or wrong decision.........who knows!

I got the manual Avent one - crazy good reviews on Boots from first-timers who found it very easy to use! I was hoping to use it ASAP as otherwise no-one else can help with feeding and the last thing I want is her depending on me exclusively for the breast and not being able to leave her and some bottles with anyone. Plus I really want my OH involved!
    I might get an electric next time, but I was terrified it would hurt or pull too hard so I figured the manual was safer, much more acceptable price as well!

That's great Betsie, one step closer to meeting the little one!

Have just come up for my daily nap, I find a little siesta in the afternoon totally recharges the batteries. Had a really pants night sleep so looking forward to it!

Have you practiced on the TENS yet Ocean?! I've got mine downstairs but am not allowed to practice until tomorrow (when I'm full term......YAY:D) in case it was to start something. Just make sure to start on lowest setting possible! I'll be keen to hear what you think, I just love the idea of being able to kick start ones one endorphins as pain relief.

Merkin wrote: »
    That's great Betsie, one step closer to meeting the little one!

Have just come up for my daily nap, I find a little siesta in the afternoon totally recharges the batteries. Had a really pants night sleep so looking forward to it!

Have you practiced on the TENS yet Ocean?! I've got mine downstairs but am not allowed to practice until tomorrow (when I'm full term......YAY:D) in case it was to start something. Just make sure to start on lowest setting possible! I'll be keen to hear what you think, I just love the idea of being able to kick start ones one endorphins as pain relief.

I've only collected it. I had a 45 minute info session with the physio who rents it out. She went through loads of info and positioned the pads correctly then photographed it on my phone so Hubbie can replicate it. I tried it on my arm but other than that I don't think I'll use it until I suspect labour is starting. She explained all about the endorphin release phase in between contractions but I think it only takes a half hour or so to stimulate them.

• Advertisement

Ooooh how exciting!! It's a tiny little contraption isn't it? I had a notion that it was much bigger and cumbersome but it's only little. Hope it works well for you.

Merkin wrote: »
    Ooooh how exciting!! It's a tiny little contraption isn't it? I had a notion that it was much bigger and cumbersome but it's only little. Hope it works well for you.

Fingers crossed! It is hard to imagine how it can be effective across the entire back but sure we will wait and see. I'll try anything to minimise chances of an epidural which I'd really rather avoid.

I found the tens great during the early stages of Labour on my little girl plan on using it again this time round x

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

I rented a tens machine but ended up never using it. Didnt feel I needed. I loved the swiss ball for a good bounce in the early stages of labour.

All this talk of naps makes me jealous. Try and nap with the little woman is down but never quite manage it.

a lot of tightness in my bump today and yesterday. 36 weeks now. Holding out hope I'll go early. Wishful thinking I imagine :D

I remember now why I don't nap! I get really dopey & lethargic afterwards :(

I can't believe I'm only seeing this properly now!!! You slept for 14 hours and only woke at 10 am. Wow, that is like my dream night. I'm sleeping really well most nights but my ability to lie in has totally disappeared - I'm so jealous!! :)

I can't believe I'm only seeing this properly now!!! You slept for 14 hours and only woke at 10 am. Wow, that is like my dream night. I'm sleeping really well most nights but my ability to lie in has totally disappeared - I'm so jealous!! :)

I developed a lovely trick to it - have to be physically and mentally exhausted for a proper nights sleep. I had that 40 minute walk yesterday and did a tonne of hoovering and washing, was barely fit to move. Then I sat and started a complicated crochet pattern and when I couldn't even look at it any more, I went to bed and started reading.

Out cold :D

I remember now why I don't nap! I get really dopey & lethargic afterwards :(

I've just had a two hour one and am like a new woman (I was like a female Incredible Hulk before it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

I developed a lovely trick to it - have to be physically and mentally exhausted for a proper nights sleep. I had that 40 minute walk yesterday and did a tonne of hoovering and washing, was barely fit to move. Then I sat and started a complicated crochet pattern and when I couldn't even look at it any more, I went to bed and started reading.

Out cold :D

sounds amazing :)

• Advertisement

dizzymiss wrote: »
    sounds amazing :)

+1

Advertisement