Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sinker

39+1 and today must be the hardest day of all..
    Feeling exhausted for no reason (ok I don't sleep so well but I manage to sleep at least 6 hours through the night and another 1-2 hours for a siesta), the baby is stretching and sits on my lungs and ribs and I cannot breathe well.
    I went for a walk in the morning for almost an hour and it was the hardest one, couldn't walk on the smallest uphills..
    I've been having more mucus plug every day but still no sign of labour.. :-(

All is so difficult now, cannot wait for her to be born... Any ideas ladies how to help her come out and meet us? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sinker wrote: »
    39+1 and today must be the hardest day of all..
    Feeling exhausted for no reason (ok I don't sleep so well but I manage to sleep at least 6 hours through the night and another 1-2 hours for a siesta), the baby is stretching and sits on my lungs and ribs and I cannot breathe well.
    I went for a walk in the morning for almost an hour and it was the hardest one, couldn't walk on the smallest uphills..
    I've been having more mucus plug every day but still no sign of labour.. :-(

All is so difficult now, cannot wait for her to be born... Any ideas ladies how to help her come out and meet us? :)

The only one scientifically proven to help is the same way you got her in there :pac:

Hahahaha ShaShaBear thanks but I cannot even think of that right now, given how low , on top of the cervix the baby is. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Hahahaha ShaShaBear thanks but I cannot even think of that right now, given how low , on top of the cervix the baby is. Lol

The only position I can manage is *ahem* woof-style. All others are far too uncomfortable, and I definitely can relate as little missy is 3/5ths engaged and I can barely walk right most days!
    Keeps himself quiet too, since he read about it I get no peace. "But Shasha, it ripens your cervix!"

On a side note, I found Himself upstairs earlier staring into the cot with the most miserable face in the world. Asked him what was wrong, and he said "It's still empty".

Well colour me pink, I burst out crying. Poor man is desperate to meet his daughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Ah shasha that is so cute :-( welling up reading it x men can be so soppy when they want to be x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awwww, that's lovely Shasha. It's such a special time waiting to meet our little ones, they are so loved already!! :)

Sinker, worth reading these tips for natural induction. I find Point 13 particularly interesting, especially because it's natural. I asked Dr. Merkin who had a look at the scientific paper and he said the findings are actually significant from a scientific perspective, and you only need six a day!! I like how it seems to be a very gentle and natural method, so definitely worth a try. I'm only 37 weeks so not at all impatient about when bubba arrives tbh but I will definitely get some dates tomorrow as I like the idea of it being good for the cervix etc and preparing the body. Worth a shot!

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/natural-induction-methods#.U7Rd8tq9KK2

Thanks Merkin, I will check it out now! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I walked soooo much the last couple of weeks before I gave birth, I really feel it helped start things off!

I also remember going for a pedicure, I think it must have been a day or two before going into labour, the girl asked if I wanted the massage chair turned on but warned me that it could start off labour, I was like YES PLEASE! :D I don't think she realised I was already overdue at that stage, my bump wasn't that big. Maybe it did get things going, who knows? On a semi-related note, my aunt is a reflexologist and she refused to do it on me when I was pregnant as she's heard loads of cases of it starting off labour - might be no harm for anyone looking to get things going, it's a lovely relaxing foot massage and it's a nice treat even if it does nothing ... it's actually covered under a lot of health insurance policies.

I bought the raspberry leaf tea but never actually tried it. I think it's meant to strengthen your uterus and make contractions more efficient, rather than start labour.

Baby Merkin is 37 Weeks today which means he is FULL TERM! :) What a wonderful milestone to get to! I've had a few instances of spotting along the way and it's so lovely that this day is here, HURRAH for babies! \o/

Congratulations merkin ;-)

39weeks here today can't wait to meet buba now xx everytime I move in bed to get up hubby freaks out a little jumps up asking is it time? It's so cute what's the betting when it is time he won't wake haha xx

• Advertisement

Awww Betsie that's so cute, he sounds like he's on tenterhooks! Pregnancy just flies by doesn't it? They do great work in there :) Hope you're feeling well and not too tired. Could be any moment for you, very exciting!

I'm so excited now at this stage I'm so ready for the process to begin :-) I don't think hubby is sleeping properly at all haha the poor thing ;-)

On a down side though sorry if tmi but I think I have thrush, never ever had it before. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Another crap nights sleep :( Think it was the nap that ruined me so they're off the agenda again!

Taking a spin to Dublin today to do a few last minute things, the main being getting fitted for nursing bras (and probably some BF friendly clothing). Went to a breast feeding support group yesterday run by the PHN which was very informative so I'm totally in the zone for feeding now. Hopefully it will go ok but I probably won't have much on the ground support as my family aren't nearby so a bit concerned about that. Just have to wait and see!

Thrush is never a welcome visitor, you poor thing. Canestan cream and pessaries are both perfectly fine in pregnancy so you should get some asap and it will clear it up.

Enjoy the retail therapy Ocean! Jojo Maman Bebe in South William Street has lovely nursing tops and M&S has a great range of nursing nightwear and button down nighties for labour as well.

Merkin wrote: »
    Thrush is never a welcome visitor, you poor thing. Canestan cream and pessaries are both perfectly fine in pregnancy so you should get some asap and it will clear it up.

Enjoy the retail therapy Ocean! Jojo Maman Bebe in South William Street has lovely nursing tops and M&S has a great range of nursing nightwear and button down nighties for labour as well.

Ha more like retail terror! I'm not a shopper. It will be a hit & run job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Merkin wrote: »

Totally agree with Merkin re: Jo Jo MAman Bebe. It's a brilliant shop and I've gotten almost all of my maternity clothes there. I also bought a few bits online at Boob Design. It's a Swedish company and their clothes are really nice. I got a few tops from their before and after range so they do for pregnancy and breast feeding. The quality is very good, they wash very well and look good and most importantly are super comfortable.

Totally agree with Merkin re: Jo Jo MAman Bebe. It's a brilliant shop and I've gotten almost all of my maternity clothes there. I also bought a few bits online at Boob Design. It's a Swedish company and their clothes are really nice. I got a few tops from their before and after range so they do for pregnancy and breast feeding. The quality is very good, they wash very well and look good and most importantly are super comfortable.

I have a couple of mamas and papas tops already which I find good. A lot of the women at the support group yesterday recommended a shirt with a vest underneath. Pull across shirt, pull down vest. I think I'll start with that set up because even if feeding doesn't work out a few light linen shirts will be comfy and forgiving after the birth. Then if feeding establishes well ill invest in more clothing then.

Oh plan on heading to the chemist this morning to get something for it x just so annoying at this stage x

Enjoy your shopping ocean treat yourself to lunch somewhere nice too and relax

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Boob Design are fab. Love their stuff.

Would love a big shopping trip. It would only be for luxuries though. Have all we need alright bought for the baby.

Have a voucher for a local salon so having a pedicure today. So looking forward to it. Little woman is going to her granny & grandad's for the night. Going to be flat out cleaning and getting house ready for the fIrst birthday celebrations.

Some of ye are so close now. Feel like I've ages yet. Going to ask for a sweep at 39 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Great tips for getting things moving Merkin & Chattastrophe. Interesting they mention not to go swimming or have baths on that list...I've been swimming a few times over the last week :-/
    I'm enjoying it too much to stop now!

+1 with the poor sleep. I slept on the couch last night as I was too warm to be in bed. I was up every 2 hours to pee.
    Had a scan yesterday and they're happy with everything. Baby weighs around 7lbs. I'm not back in till 16th which is 4 days over my due date. I'll be offered a sweep then...I would have accepted one yesterday :-)
    My hubby found the raspberry tea while he was waiting on me in the hairdresser's yesterday (it was great having my hair washed by someone else!) It tastes ok. I'll have to get myself some dates. I actually love them so it won't be a hardship eating 6 :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Woolly woman I'd be very sceptical of the no swimming advice. My GP keeps telling me to keep the swimming up, not to induce me, but because it's so good for me mentally and physically. All that lovely supported stretching and weightlessness is so so good for me and bump, especially as I can't walk right now as bump is so low. I've started doing lunches in the pool too.

If you love the swimming don't stop it, its not going to stop your baby coming out :D

Great tips for getting things moving Merkin & Chattastrophe. Interesting they mention not to go swimming or have baths on that list...I've been swimming a few times over the last week :-/
    I'm enjoying it too much to stop now!

I'm the same. I've had a bath every day through pregnancy and really enjoy swimming as well, I think the benefits of it far outweigh any chance of it not speeding things along tbh!! Glad the scan went well, I have one next week, can't wait to see him again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Totally agree with ye Re the swimming. I go into a trance like state when I'm swimming up and down. We rent a very old cottage and there's no bath here, only a shower so it's wonderful to bob around in the pool of an evening!
    The scans are great for peace of mind. I have to say though that none of the later scans compares to the 12 week one. We were so shocked at being able to see the baby from head to toe, how much they had formed in such a short time and the movement that was already happening without me feeling anything. I'll never forget the wee hand moving up and down on the screen. S/he looked like they were waving hello to us :-) I have a print out of that scan on the fridge and I'm positive you can make out a wee cheeky smile. I think the love hormones have replaced last weeks weepy ones...

My hubby found the raspberry tea while he was waiting on me in the hairdresser's yesterday (it was great having my hair washed by someone else!)

LOL that reminds me ... I remember being told by an aunt when I was pregnant that I could never ever raise my arms above shoulder level during pregnancy as it would tie the umbilical cord around the baby.

I asked (trying not to laugh) how could I wash my hair. She said it was fine to do it leaning over the bath, so long as I kept my head and arms at a lower level than my belly the whole time.

As you might guess, this lady never had kids herself ... unsurprisingly, seeing as her understanding of biology involves some sort of a pulley-system between your arms and the umbilical cord! :D Besides, how on earth could you manage to contort yourself like that over the bath with a nine-month baby belly in front of you?!

Oh and on a related note, I'm guessing some of ye are probably trying to figure out the logistics of shaving your legs at this stage? Yeah ... it's not fun, or easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Shaving my legs - no problem! The problem is how to shave what's in between them :D

j@utis wrote: »
    Shaving my legs - no problem! The problem is how to shave what's in between them :D

I'm booked in for my Hollywood next Wednesday morning which should be interesting! :eek: There is no way in all that is holy am I letting an enthusiastic midwife with a razor anywhere near my fanjita if I end up having to have a section or anything.

Haha I did shave almost two weeks ago, but it's impossible now!!!
    That was my question to my friends who already had a birth. Do they shave you at the hospital or it doesn't matter? Does anyone know?

Haha I did shave almost two weeks ago, but it's impossible now!!!
    That was my question to my friends who already had a birth. Do they shave you at the hospital or it doesn't matter? Does anyone know?

Oh god definitely not with natural births, although I know it was the done thing back in the olden days, first thing they did when you arrived was shave you! Definitely not anymore though.

Not sure about sections, but I guess they probably do!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

j@utis wrote: »

I hear ya. Shaved my legs this morning. Took me ages. I usually sit on the toilet with my leg up on a ledge. Works a treat. Also, I had my husband do it a couple of times near the end. It's very intimate and I found it nice.

I couldnt drink the RLT but found the tablets great. Midwife told me they dont bring on labour but work well in improving the efficiency of the wonb and the contractions. I continued taking them for about a fortnight after the birth too.

They dont shave you at the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I've cut my bush at the front using my OH hair trimmer while standing in front of the mirror, sorted the my hairy crack behind with some Veet cream, so not much left but it's the most important part lol. sorry for tmi :D

Advertisement