Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Not sure about sections, but I guess they probably do!

the incision is pretty much at the top of the hairline so minimal/no shaving needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

No they don't shave you at tad hospital well not in Clonmel anyway x I shaved last night as was having an internal today took me ages it's so bloody hard :-( xx

Had my hospital appointment today got a sweep head is engaged woohoo back next Thursday for another sweep if this doesn't work but seem to think I will go before then, was told all that on my 1st baby also and went 10days over with her so won't hold my breath haha xx

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Had my hospital appointment today got a sweep head is engaged woohoo back next Thursday for another sweep if this doesn't work but seem to think I will go before then, was told all that on my 1st baby also and went 10days over with her so won't hold my breath haha xx

Hopefully that'll do the job Betsie.
    I spent the afternoon cleaning. In bits. Going for hot wings now.

Oh I hope so too x I'm wrecked after being out all day haha not able for it haha x

Was in pennys today and couldn't believe my eyes they were putting out the winter clothes felt like crying xx

This didnt happen last time so ive nothing to go by but you know when yours waters break, how exactly does that like happen?

• Advertisement

This didnt happen last time so ive nothing to go by but you know when yours waters break, how exactly does that like happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

dizzymiss wrote: »

I believe it's quite variable. Some people have the big pop and gush of waters, others have more of a constant trickle with each contraction maybe causing a mini gush. Some people it happens very early in labour, others may be well advanced before it happens.

I have heard a good number of people say it has happened to them while moving, bending down or getting in/out of bed etc. But that might just be people I know.

It would be great if there was some indicator of how/when it will happen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I don't have first hand experience m'dear but I was talking to my midwife about this subject this morning and she said it really varies from a trickle to that big dramatic splash (which doesn't happen that often funnily enough) She said if there is a moments ambiguity to phone maternity unit and check because if they HAVE broken, you do need to get yourself into hospital within a few hours as it can lead to infection etc if you were to just leave it.

Here are some pointers. Do you think they may have gone Dizzy!?

http://www.babycenter.com/0_water-breaking-what-it-feels-like_10339934.bc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

My waters broke on my first - had gotten up to go to the toilet but then felt I wasn't finished but quickly realised it was my waters going. It wasn't a gush but rather a constant trickle - stood on a towel in the ensuite for what felt like half the night. But it was soooo obviously straight away that was it.
    Had them broken on next pregnancy to induce labour and that was a big gush - very charming dh nearly died lol 😀😀😀

So ive been super uncomfortable all day. Like the worst I've felt. And then went to the loo. Had a couple of gushes and then soaked my knickers, new knickers and a pad. Feel like I wet myself. It's clear. My urine has been quite concentrated today as I didn't drink much. So not that. Still kinda trickling.

• Advertisement

So ive been super uncomfortable all day. Like the worst I've felt. And then went to the loo. Had a couple of gushes and then soaked my knickers, new knickers and a pad. Feel like I wet myself. It's clear. My urine has been quite concentrated today as I didn't drink much. So not that. Still kinda trickling.

Sounds like it might be gone!! I was told the way to tell it's not urine is if you can't stop it by squeezing, the way you can stop the flow of pee.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Sounds like it 😃😃😃
    Also if you whiff it there's no smell of urine from it 😃
    Oooohhh best of luck 👋🙉🍼

:):):)
    HOW EXCITING!!!!!!! Best of luck!!xx

Waiting on someone to come stay with my little one. Supposed to have birthday party tomorrow. Sitting with my feet up. Pinky tinge now.

Waiting on someone to come stay with my little one. Supposed to have birthday party tomorrow. Sitting with my feet up. Pinky tinge now.

You're what? 3.5 weeks early. Big surprise I'm sure!! Are you having any contractions yet?

Delighted for you! You're going to be cuddling your little one before the weekend is out!! :)

Yeah 3.5 weeks. Bump is tightening on and off all evening.

It'll prob be a false alarm knowing my luck :D morto!!!

If it is your waters (and it does sound like it) really important to get checked out to confirm one way or the other, nothing at all to be morto about!

It'll prob be a false alarm knowing my luck :D morto!!!

It doesn't sound like it, but even if it was it's better to get checked out!

• Advertisement

Oh sounds promising :-D best of luck hope all goes well for you xx

Had my waters broke on my 1st so don't have any experience of them breaking themselves :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

With me, I was getting mild fairly regular contractions all day (at six days past due date.) I went to lie down in bed for a while, and was getting another mild contraction, and heard (and felt) a really loud pop. I went into the bathroom and sat on the loo, got there just as they started gushing. I had a plastic container in there to take a sample for the hospital, however I should have had two containers ... the waters were clear at first, but after a few more contractions there was meconium, and I'd already used my little container before then! And I'd thought I was being so organised! Not a bad idea to have some kind of container beside the loo ... along with a spare!

My waters went at 5.30am just in the hospital now waiting to be assessed ;-) poor hubby got an awful fright when I woke him he was up and dressed in about 30secs haha I was still standing there on a towel with waters flowing out of me :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Ooooh best of luck! :)

My waters went at 5.30am just in the hospital now waiting to be assessed ;-) poor hubby got an awful fright when I woke him he was up and dressed in about 30secs haha I was still standing there on a towel with waters flowing out of me :-D

Ooooh exciting!! Maybe a few more of us will go this weekend too :) Best of luck x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Good luck dizzy miss send Betsie :) BH are starting to get me down. Awoke with them again last night, this time accompanied by bad nausea and night sweats, had to get up and pace the floors for a while. Used a cold compress on my head and that brought the overheating down. Eventually got back to sleep. She's in there for the long haul though, only 38 weeks now and I'll be getting the full 40's worth out of her. She'll come out when she's good and ready, her Momma is getting impatient though :)

Welcome, albeit a tad early, a baby boy. Born at 07:21 weighing 5 lbs 1 oz

Welcome, albeit a tad early, a baby boy. Born at 07:21 weighing 5 lbs 1 oz

Wow! Congratulations :)

OMG ladies, the floodgates have opened.......LITERALLY!! :)

Heartfelt congratulations Dizzy, I hope you and the little chap are doing well, welcome to the world baby Dizzy!

I'm delighted for you Betsie, not long to go for you now either and your little July bubs will be here too.

It's so so lovely to see all the great news!

xx

• Advertisement

How are you feeling now Jerrica? I had constant BH last night too accompanied by tightening in the lower pubis that would last for three to four seconds and maybe come every ten minutes, I thought I might be starting something tbh but took two paracetamol and slept well thankfully. The BH are happening very regularly but they don't bother me, how come yours are getting you down, are they painful? How are you feeling this morning?

Advertisement