Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Congratulations dizzymiss! You must be delighted!
    Hope all is going well with you Betsie there in the hospital.

Have worse menstrual type cramps today, and a tiny amount of blood (I think or brown discharge) on my undergarments. Probably just teasing me I guess :) Took a couple of panadol, so will see......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

OMG Rua!!! How exciting!:) Imagine if we ALL had babies this weekend!!:eek::D

Is the cramping constant?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I don't feel like she's ever going to come out! :(
    Due in 5 days and I still feel like when I was 30 weeks pregnant - sore, crampy on and off, mood swinging between fed up and really happy and productive. I don't feel any sort of pressure between my legs when I walk even though she is very much engaged as per doctor's appointment yesterday.

Although I lay on the couch yesterday afternoon on my Nintendo DS and she was lying really funny to one side (normal enough) but managed to stick something right out my side, and whatever she kicked when she did it sent me screaming. OH literally lost it - I was on the couch roaring and crying and screaming "Help me, please, you gotta make it stop!" (it was actually that bad!). He thought I went into labour, and I think his poor wee heart stopped to think that was only the start of it :o

Merkin wrote: »
    OMG Rua!!! How exciting!:) Imagine if we ALL had babies this weekend!!:eek::D

Is the cramping constant?

Relatively consistent I think. I've had the period type pains for the last couple of weeks, off and on, so not too excited at this stage. Guess it means something is happening though, or at least I hope so, don't think I could stand another 3 weeks of this, when I'd be 10 days over!

I wonder are they painful Braxtons Rua? Are you getting the tummy tightening as well with the cramps? Mine seems to be constantly contracting these days and is going rock hard. Seems like all our bodies are really gearing themselves up naturally for the big event, I still get a bit overwhelmed with the sheer miracle of it all, not to be too hippy, but nature is just amazing.

Shasha sounds like the little lady has grown really big, you're bound to get the odd kick in the ribs or vajayjay that will take the wind out of your sails!

• Advertisement

Could easily be, Merkin. No idea about my tummy, it feels pretty hard a lot of the time. Am strangely calm about it, I think I had my freak out a couple of weeks ago......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Contractions have finally started woohoo ha've had my bloods trace the whole lot done :-D hopefully they get more regular now and I'll be well on my way xx

Congratulations dizzy that was quick work xx welcome baby dizzy x

I'm blaming Mrs Brown's boys for my waters going went to see it last night laughed the whole way through it was brilliant xx

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sinker

My waters broke at 4:45 this morning and I've been to the hospital since 06:30! :)
    Still waiting for the contractions to kick in, only the last hour I've had some mild ones every 10 mins or so.. I hope I won't have to wait until tomorrow to be induced :S
    Fingers crossed she will decide to show up earlier!

:D Wow, another one bites the dust!! Brilliant news Sinker, I'd say you're delighted! Best of luck with the delivery!

Hope you're getting on well as well Betsie!

We're all rooting for you both! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Good luck Sinker, hope everything has gone well today :) ShaSha hang in there, you're playing a blinder and things will get started any day now. It's frustrating having had everything kick off so early and now nada, but you're doing such a great job and you'll be rewarded so soon.

Merkin I've been stuck in a fairly "fed up" funk for a few days now with the BH - they're strong and uncomfortable but they're not a start of anything so they're just frustrating. I tend to get woken up from them so my sleep is interrupted and that gets me down. I've had the most gloriously lovely pregnancy, it's just this final month that's conquering me. Two more weeks to go and then it'll be worth it, its just that the tiredness has made it that bit harder to have any fight left in me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Morning ladies. Lying awake here. Midwife took the little man overnight so i could get some sleep. I slept for about 5 hrs which was great. Sore this morning. 

What a crazy couple of days!!! Wasn't expecting our little bundle so early. Still no name for him. We can't agree on names. 

He's so so tiny. Just over the five pounds. They've been feeding him every three hours just to keep an idea on how he's doing. Babies this early and small aren't as adept at sucking as those born later so need to keep on that. He's taking about 20mls every three hours which they're happy with. I haven't fed him yet though.

Our other munchkin was just so big that I find myself very nervous with him. Going to ask to stay tonight as well just to be sure. He was in the incubator for a couple of hours after birth because his breathing was a little laboured but that appears to have resolved & he came to the ward with me. 

Our little woman came to see me yesterday. All she wanted was to sit up on top of mommy. Happy out. Passed no heed on the baby at all. No harm. 

Things seem to be hotting up here. It's great. Thinking of ye all x

I'm sure it came as a big surprise when he arrived a little early. It sounds like he's thriving though Dizzy so that's great news. Hope you and the little chap are well and enjoying getting to know one another xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Huge congrats girls!

Just to say on the bh in the week before I was induced I had a load and felt tired and funky but it also meant I was 2cm dilated before I was in labour so if you can try and take it as a positive that's helping you along:-)

That's great Smokey! I'm getting them very regularly but I don't mind them at all tbh, I see it as good practice for all those muscles! Were yours painful at all? Mine actually don't cause pain which is probably why I'm not bothered by them.

I ONLY get mine in the car.
    Actually, every time I get into the car I go into a false labour. Not even kidding. We went for a road trip day before yesterday and were in the car for exactly one hour. I had a BH every ten minutes to the second, each one lasting exactly one minute. For the whole hour. Second I got out of the car, they stopped. Talk about frustrating!

Are yours very painful then Shasha? If so, how on earth are you supposed to differentiate between them and actual labour?!

Are yours very painful then Shasha? If so, how on earth are you supposed to differentiate between them and actual labour?!

Painful enough to make me cringe and my breathing to get huffy!! Getting out and walking solves it. Once im out of the car ten mins and havent had another I know were okay!

God, your nerves must be shot!

God, your nerves must be shot!

I just try to keep away from the car and if I absolutely have to be in it, I use it as practise time. Due in four more days, induction on the 23rd, so eventually it has to be a real labour!

Hi girls just a quick update x after a 30hr Labour baby ruby was born at 11.24am weighing 7lb 11.5 oz and she is great x feeding away not a bother on her xx

Hope ye are all well xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Huge congratulations Betsie :)

Awwww Betsie, well done girl. Congrats to you all, I get she is gorgeous!xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

What a beautiful name. :) Congratulations! X

Thanks girls I'm so in love with her it's crazy xx

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Thanks girls I'm so in love with her it's crazy xx

Huge congratulations Betsie. Really love the name. We were thinking Rueben for our wee man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Congratulations Betsie!
    What a lovely name. I chose Ruby for our baby before I knew it was a boy or girl because it rhymes with the surname very well - Ruby Walsh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Hi girls just a quick update x after a 30hr Labour baby ruby was born at 11.24am weighing 7lb 11.5 oz and she is great x feeding away not a bother on her xx

Hope ye are all well xx

30 hours, oh my goodness! Good woman yourself :) Ruby is a gorgeous name, hope you are both doing well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Vicious kicking of my internal organs happening here tonight :( Baby needs to go asleep so that I can sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Congratulations Betsie :-) Great news. Hope you're enjoying every minute with Miss Ruby. Sitting here in the kitchen feeling a little jealous! No signs of anything stirring here yet...think I'll do a bit of hoovering :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Vicious kicking of my internal organs happening here tonight :( Baby needs to go asleep so that I can sleep!

I hear ye Ocean. Doing a puzzle book until I can barely keep my eyes open. Swopped sides with Hubby last night and slept a bit better. Heard a fox screaming outside the other night and it frightened the living daylights out of me. Bag of nerves over the weekend going to bed!

Advertisement