Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Just wanted to come in and say good luck to you all. I was due July 24th 2013 and went exactly two weeks over due. I had my wee daughter on the 7th of August. The happiest day of my life :). The last year just flew by. Good luck to everyone thiis month. It's both a nerve wrecking and exciting time. I hope it goes well for you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Sorry to hear you are in hospital, Merkin, but it sounds like you are being really well treated in there. Hope you are having a restful night there.

Thanks also for sharing your symptoms of pre-eclampsia, certainly something we all need to be vigilant about.

I'm currently up at 2am again, after having to pee for the 6th time since 10pm, just gave up on it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Rua1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are in hospital, Merkin, but it sounds like you are being really well treated in there. Hope you are having a restful night there.

Thanks also for sharing your symptoms of pre-eclampsia, certainly something we all need to be vigilant about.

I'm currently up at 2am again, after having to pee for the 6th time since 10pm, just gave up on it all!

Aww thank you Rua, I meant to actually say, one of the main symptoms as well was having 'starry ' vision and was feeling faint the evening before.... A sure warning sign!!

I sympathise on the loo breaks! Do you find it hard to get back to sleep? I think everyone in the last few weeks gets pretty restless don't they?

Definitely not a restful night lol! Girl came into our room at 2am, in established labour, 4cm dilated, her broken waters were green in colour and they had to put her in here to be examined (contractions 2mins apart) and they are about to wheel her into the labour ward now.....it's been eventful, I've never seen a woman in labour before!!! Great to see too that there is genuine respite between contractions from what I can gather!!xx

Just wanted to come in and say good luck to you all. I was due July 24th 2013 and went exactly two weeks over due. I had my wee daughter on the 7th of August. The happiest day of my life :)

Thank you! My little man due on the 24th as well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Between contractions you do get a break and kinda forget what's happening ;-) your soon reminded though xx

Are you managing any sleep in there merkin?

• Advertisement

Seems like it's from one extreme to the other. This girl was in a lot of pain but then was able to chat in between contractions. It was exceptional that she was put in this room but they are experiencing an exceptionally busy week in the unit. Am glad I got a glimpse of what goes on though, it just seemed very natural etc

How is little Ruby? Are you settling in well at home?

Slept like a dormouse from 3-8am and BP is good this morning 130/78 with swelling gone down so Im hoping they let me go home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

I feel like I'm back in early pregnancy!! Instead if being on knicker watch in case of any bleeding now I'm actively hoping every time I go to the loo that there is some sign of mucus plug or show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Merkin wrote: »

Slept like a dormouse from 3-8am and BP is good this morning 130/78 with swelling gone down so Im hoping they let me go home :)

Excellent news the BP has come down! Hope they discharge you and you can go home to your own bed.

It varies as to whether I have trouble getting back to sleep, I think my lovely afternoon naps don't help sleeping at night, but I love them. Hope baby loves them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    I feel like I'm back in early pregnancy!! Instead if being on knicker watch in case of any bleeding now I'm actively hoping every time I go to the loo that there is some sign of mucus plug or show!!

I've lost 4 huge chunks of my plug with no blood in the past three weeks, pretty sick of looking at it at this stage :p

I won't lie, I've developed a crippling fear of what's to come - not the contractions, but the pushing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I've lost 4 huge chunks of my plug with no blood in the past three weeks, pretty sick of looking at it at this stage :p

I won't lie, I've developed a crippling fear of what's to come - not the contractions, but the pushing :(

The pushing is the easy bit. You know the end is near once u start pushing!

• Advertisement

Yeah it's amazing the difference inbetween contractions xx

Settling in great at home with ruby hard to get used to the nights but will get there xx each one is getting easier and easier xx

It's great your bp is down and so is the swelling hopefully you will get home today to relax xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    The pushing is the easy bit. You know the end is near once u start pushing!

I always thought the pushing was like 2 minutes or something, then my stupid app (which I have since uninstalled) told me it can last hours!!

Pushing can last for hours but can also be over quick my 1st I pushed out in 11mins and Ruby in 6mins xx

Talking about this last night with midwife and she said anything up to an hour and if baby hasn't appeared there is often some form of intervention.

Interesting as well that hospital policy here is that when inducing they will not use gel on first time Mums under any circumstances.

ShaShaBear wrote: »

At least you know your body has got the memo it needs to give birth in the next few weeks!! Mine doesn't seem to understand this at all......

Talking about this last night with midwife and she said anything up to an hour and if baby hasn't appeared there is often some form of intervention.

Interesting as well that hospital policy here is that when inducing they will not use gel on first time Mums under any circumstances.

So they that mean they go straight to oxytocin or break the waters?

So they that mean they go straight to oxytocin or break the waters?

No, they use what they call a 'tea bag' which is the insertion of prostaglandin. Midwife was explaining to me why and was paged off so I need to get to the bottom of why and if I find out I will let you know! They use gels for ladies who have had babies before.

No, they use what they call a 'tea bag' which is the insertion of prostaglandin. Midwife was explaining to me why and was paged off so I need to get to the bottom of why and if I find out I will let you know! They use gels for ladies who have had babies before.

Ah so it's just prostaglandin in a different form so. Sorry I thought you meant they don't use prostaglandin at all. Will be interesting to hear why tho...

Ah so it's just prostaglandin in a different form so. Sorry I thought you meant they don't use prostaglandin at all. Will be interesting to hear why tho...

I *think* it's because it can be removed quite seamlessly, will find out!!

I'm being released into the wild today, YAY!!!!! \o/

Glad your being left out merkin now relax when you get home xx

• Advertisement

How is everyone doing xx

How is everyone doing xx

Struggling a bit today but really shouldn't complain! Just tired/worn out/achy etc. Plus the realisation that if I went overdue and was induced on day 14 and baby came the next day then it could be another THREE WEEKS today before baby arrives. Seems a long long way away!!!

Oh ocean I know exactly how you are feeling xx I went over on my 1st and it's awful especially when your so so uncomfortable xx you never know full moon tonight something might happen xx chin up you will have your little bundle in your arms soon xx

I'm so emotional today it's unreal the smallest of things making me cry x could do with a day in bed sleeping xx

Oh ocean I know exactly how you are feeling xx I went over on my 1st and it's awful especially when your so so uncomfortable xx you never know full moon tonight something might happen xx chin up you will have your little bundle in your arms soon xx

I'm so emotional today it's unreal the smallest of things making me cry x could do with a day in bed sleeping xx

Thanks! Bit bored today which doesn't help.

It must take ages for hormones and emotions to settle down. The fact that you are the most tired you're ever likely to be while battling them is just a cruel joke :(

You should give yourself a face mask or do your nails. Make yourself feel good anyway ocean xx

Oh hormones are an awful thing really and I'm dreading Tuesday hubby is going back to work and every time I think about it I cry xx :-(

You should give yourself a face mask or do your nails. Make yourself feel good anyway ocean xx

Oh hormones are an awful thing really and I'm dreading Tuesday hubby is going back to work and every time I think about it I cry xx :-(

The problem is I'm absolutely crap at relaxing and treating myself etc. If I'm not doing much I get real lethargic and go into a funk, so then I don't want to do anything and so on so forth until I'm lying on the bed staring at the ceiling!!

Hey July ladies! It must be attributable to the Full Moon, I was an emotional wreck this morning :( I was discharged yesterday evening and I can't tell you how lovely it was to get home to hubby.

But then I was just struck with vulnerability and anxiety, simply because the PE diagnosis made me fearful for myself and baby Merkin and I was worried about a sudden spike and it's implications. My BP is back within normal range now thankfully and as has been pointed out, there is no way they would have discharged me if they were worried. My lovely Irish obstetrician came to see me yesterday and she was happy with everything and bubba's progress and said she'll take a look at my cervix next Thursday in her clinic to see how it's looking and will decide from there so that's good. I've been so happy and chilled throughout the pregnancy so this knocked me a little but am feeling a lot more positive now.

On a very happy note, further tests shows I do not have rheumatoid arthritis as suspected as the tests came back negative but I do have a high ESR count which is just basically pregnancy swelling and inflammation of the joints and will hopefully go when bubba comes. I'm normally in fine health thank goodness so all these niggles are most annoying! Still, I'll tolerate a lot as long as the little chap arrives healthy and happy!

I'm sorry to hear you girls are feeling pants. I think the few weeks immediately preceding birth and those afterwards are tough, our hormones are in absolute overdrive and it's frustrating not to be as mobile and active as we would like. It's reassuring that it's just a temporary thing and for very good reason too so that's the way to look at it I suppose. xx

Try and relax ocean will do you the world of good xx

Glad to hear your settling back in at home merkin hope you are relaxing and taking it easy too x glad you tests for arthritis were clear on my 1st I had carpel tunnel syndrom was hell I couldn't lift a thing but more or less as soon as I delivered her it was gone xx feel better soon though xx

Thanks Betsie. Hope you get some rest as well. It turns out today is a Super Moon which is exceptional, it's also known as a lunar perigee and it really heightens emotions and intensifies feelings so maybe that is why we're all bit extra emotional today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Due date today and no signs of anything. Don't feel too uncomfortable. Although yesterday I felt exhausted and didn't do a tap. I had 2 walks the previous day and that must have zonked me. The swimming definately isn't as taxing.
    My hormones can be helter skelter so I empathise with ye. One day/week I'm lovey dovey and the next I'm weepy and down in the dumps.
    Had a lot of texts today asking if the baby was here...people must have put reminders in their phones :-D Had to laugh.

Advertisement