Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

July 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

So that might explain why I just bawled my eyes out for no reason hubby didn't know what to do or where to look x

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Ah God love ye! A big cuddle and being told everything will be ok always makes me feel better. That and lots of cake! Xxx

People are gas woolywoman they remember stupid things glad you feeling well though xx baby will come when good and ready xx sit tight xx

God I would love some cake x what's my excuse now though baby is born I have to start being good again xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

God I would love some cake x what's my excuse now though baby is born I have to start being good again xx

I am dreading the thought of having to improve my diet after baby comes!!!

• Advertisement

It's scary haha although today I wore my pre pregnancy jeans for the 1st time in about 9months which felt good still want to eat cake though xx

It's scary haha although today I wore my pre pregnancy jeans for the 1st time in about 9months which felt good still want to eat cake though xx

After six days you're back in pre pregnancy clothes??!! Fair dues to you!!

Just 1pair the others wouldn't fit me but I was over the moon xx

Just 1pair the others wouldn't fit me but I was over the moon xx

If they fit they fit!!

Geez fair play is right! I'll be stuck in maternity wear for a while after baby's here I think. Starting to get back into my slimming world dinners...We've made a few for the freezer. Just have to quit the cakes :-/

• Advertisement

I'm. A stone lighter now then what I was before I got pregnant going joining slimming world next month myself it's opening in town at long last do you find it good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

If you adore food Slimming World is great because it is based around food combining and really fresh ingredients. I lost a stone on it before and intend to go back when bubba arrives because I need something to reign in my pregnancy related sweet tooth once and for all!!

Once you get your head round it you'll love it. Works really well for me. My appetite was all over the place for the pregnancy so I stopped going...that and I didn't want to have to pay every week :-/ I'm bridesmaid twice later on in the year so I want to be back in shape for that...they have the dresses since Chistmas! I might be wearing a different one by the time the weddings come round :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

So achy, crampy, tight, sore and HOT!! Nearly swaying and eyerolling its so bloody hot! Two days overdue now, no idea if anything is happening because Im so uncomfortable all the time. Dying to get back to SW after baby is here - I lost 26lbs in 10 weeks the last time I was there, and I have a HELL of a lot to lose this time!!

Merkin I love food I was never and never will be skinny just want to stay healthy x x

26lb in 10 weeks thats fantastic sha sha god I cant wait to start now x when are you back to the hospital again shasha? Do you feel like anything is happeninig at all xx

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    So achy, crampy, tight, sore and HOT!! Nearly swaying and eyerolling its so bloody hot! Two days overdue now, no idea if anything is happening because Im so uncomfortable all the time. Dying to get back to SW after baby is here - I lost 26lbs in 10 weeks the last time I was there, and I have a HELL of a lot to lose this time!!

The heat is driving me nuts as well. I'm grand if I'm chilling out but any exertion and I'm just roasting. It's a horrible horrible overheating sensation :( I feel so bad cos I'm not taking advantage of the nice weather and I'm also doing no real walking cos I'm just finding it way too clammy and uncomfortable to do exercise.

Merkin I love food I was never and never will be skinny just want to stay healthy x x

26lb in 10 weeks thats fantastic sha sha god I cant wait to start now x when are you back to the hospital again shasha? Do you feel like anything is happeninig at all xx

Back on Thursday for a sweep, really hoping I dont make it that far! Dont really feel like anything is happening. But then ive never been pregnant before so I wouldnt know. I rarely get braxton hicks, ive not had a bloody show, no sign of waters trickling or anything! Just discomfort and regular feelings like im about to get my period.

I'll never be skinny either, I love cooking and eating out wayyyyy too much! I do find SW good though as I enjoy cooking and the Syn control is good for me as it keeps me on the straight and narrow without feeling deprived. I also intend to keep the wine to a minimum once I've had baby and that's always been a fecker for piling on the pounds.

Shasha plenty of people don't have a bloody show and their waters don't break until in labour so you could in all likelihood just go into labour at any time considering you're cramping up like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I had a bloody show at 3pm my waters broke at 7pm and I went into labour at 12am ish had no signs before so don't worry ladies it can happen at any time !

My waters went before I had my show shasha so don't spend your time looking for it x

That's great to hear about sw merkin I'm. The same love cooking and love eating ;-)

Girls it's so hard to believe this time last week I was in labour x feels like ruby has been here forever xx I'm lying here in bed she has just finished feeding and is just lying on my chest gettijg loads of cuddles and I couldn't imagine doing anything else right at this moment xx

• Advertisement

Awww that's so lovely. I bet it's the best feeling in the World to be ail snuggled up like that :)

Have officially had the worst nights sleep ever, it just hasn't happened for me.

Merkin wrote: »
    Awww that's so lovely. I bet it's the best feeling in the World to be ail snuggled up like that :)

Have officially had the worst nights sleep ever, it just hasn't happened for me.

Mine wasnt much better! Ive a splitting headache and OH is refereeing a footie match today and I can either sit at that for 3 hours or get stuck in my mums house :( granted he did offer to cancel, but he hasnt left my side in 4 weeks so I think he deserves a bit of a break!

You poor thing. Trying to get comfy is nigh on impossible, have to really psych myself up just to turn over!!

I presume you'll go to your Mums? At least you can try and have a nap there if possible. Hope the headache clears!

Oh it's just the best feeling over merkin and even when they got older it's still as special everything is quiet and it's just you and them nothing could be better xx

Sorry to hear your not sleeping well girls nothing worse then a bad night sleep try fit in naps today xx sha sha I take it your not going to the match today are you x

Oh it's just the best feeling over merkin and even when they got older it's still as special everything is quiet and it's just you and them nothing could be better xx

Sorry to hear your not sleeping well girls nothing worse then a bad night sleep try fit in naps today xx sha sha I take it your not going to the match today are you x

Lol no, I don't fancy sitting on a concrete stand in this weather for three hours while he runs around on the pitch :p
    Mind you, I don't really fancy spending 3 hours in my mum's either :pac: but get a little kick out of being that pregnant that I have to stay with someone! I'll probably just grab a nap and see if my sister will come out for a walk - might kickstart something!
    (I'm determined to go before the WC final starts out of utter spite :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

ShaSha why not just spend some time alone around the house? :)

You're not going to get any alone time for the next eighteen years or so ... appreciate it while you can! :) There's no need to have another person around just because you're pregnant. I went into labour alone, and it was lovely! Not even a little bit scary!

You're not going to get any alone time for the next eighteen years or so ... appreciate it while you can! :) There's no need to have another person around just because you're pregnant. I went into labour alone, and it was lovely! Not even a little bit scary!

I just wouldn't take the risk tbh, I've never been in labour so I don't know how I would handle it - definitely don't want to be on my own half an hour's walk from anyone I know. My OH is the only one with a car too so if my waters went (MW says come straight away irrespective of pains) or if I started to bleed heavily (have endo, and my mother had to have transfusions with all three of us), I'd pretty much have to wait alone for an ambulance and hope me and baby don't suffer :(

+1 to that suggestion! I'm really enjoying my time alone at home before baby comes. In fact I was more unsettled yesterday while Hubbie was around as my own little routine was interrupted........go figure!!

There is a very good chance my labour may start when he's at work too. Once I'm not really unlucky and he isn't the other end of the country I don't see it being a problem. Seeing as it's my first it's unlikely things will progress really fast so should be plenty of time for him to get back. Hopefully I'll just use that time to try and relax and get into the right head space in peace and quiet. Only downside is I'll have no one to help me position my TENS pads correctly but I'm sure I'll manage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    There is a very good chance my labour may start when he's at work too. Once I'm not really unlucky and he isn't the other end of the country I don't see it being a problem. Seeing as it's my first it's unlikely things will progress really fast so should be plenty of time for him to get back. Hopefully I'll just use that time to try and relax and get into the right head space in peace and quiet. Only downside is I'll have no one to help me position my TENS pads correctly but I'm sure I'll manage!!

Ocean Blue what happened to me was I was getting contractions all day, regularly (but sure how on earth do you know that the pains are contractions when it's your first baby!) I wasn't going to call himself home from work when maybe nothing was happening.

I had a stroll around Blanchardstown shopping centre, bought a few bits, the lady in Dunnes asked when I was due and looked horrified and scared when I said "a week ago." :D

I went home and had a big fat cheesey pesto pasta dinner, because I'd read that sometimes they don't feed you in hospital.

And then I went for a lie-down, and got another contraction, and my waters broke with it. I felt and heard them breaking, ran for the en-suite, and all was good.

I live a 45 minute drive from the hospital, so I got a taxi there a couple of hours later, and asked my boyfriend to head in that direction when he was finished work.

• Advertisement

Ocean Blue what happened to me was I was getting contractions all day, regularly (but sure how on earth do you know that the pains are contractions when it's your first baby!) I wasn't going to call himself home from work when maybe nothing was happening.

I had a stroll around Blanchardstown shopping centre, bought a few bits, the lady in Dunnes asked when I was due and looked horrified and scared when I said "a week ago." :D

I went home and had a big fat cheesey pesto pasta dinner, because I'd read that sometimes they don't feed you in hospital.

And then I went for a lie-down, and got another contraction, and my waters broke with it. I felt and heard them breaking, ran for the en-suite, and all was good.

I live a 45 minute drive from the hospital, so I got a taxi there a couple of hours later, and asked my boyfriend to head in that direction when he was finished work.

Yeah if I do need to get to hospital and he's not around I'll just get a taxi too and he can follow me there. Not really ideal (cos id be paranoid about destroying the taxi!) but I'm not a nervous person so it wouldn't bother me at all being on my own for a while.

Advertisement