Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Aww I know and I'm not having a go at all, I just think it must be exhausting having to feel that in control all of the time. I know we're all different but it's liberating too to just go with things and let things happen. I think the nesting instinct is hard to ignore so forge ahead with that by all means but do also take some down time to enjoy these last few hours or days of growing your beloved little baby Bear and relaxing with the prospect that she'll be here soon regardless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »
    Aww I know and I'm not having a go at all, I just think it must be exhausting having to feel that in control all of the time. I know we're all different but it's liberating too to just go with things and let things happen. I think the nesting instinct is hard to ignore so forge ahead with that by all means but do also take some down time to enjoy these last few hours or days of growing your beloved little baby Bear and relaxing with the prospect that she'll be here soon regardless :)

Oh I know you're not and you're totally right - I'm a menace in this house as of late :p My brother is dogsitting when we go to the hospital, and he's disgustingly messy so I'm trying to keep on top of the housework so that when we get back, we know who to point the finger at if the place is a tip (my mother is the only one who can keep him in line). That, and it passes the day! :p

Constant messages asking if I've had any signs. Caused quite a (well-deserved) ruckus telling a disgruntled family member that any potential signs of labour are obviously personal and not to be shared with the world - or does she expect me to post pictures of my plug on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Oh I know you're not and you're totally right - I'm a menace in this house as of late :p My brother is dogsitting when we go to the hospital, and he's disgustingly messy so I'm trying to keep on top of the housework so that when we get back, we know who to point the finger at if the place is a tip (my mother is the only one who can keep him in line). That, and it passes the day! :p

Constant messages asking if I've had any signs. Caused quite a (well-deserved) ruckus telling a disgruntled family member that any potential signs of labour are obviously personal and not to be shared with the world - or does she expect me to post pictures of my plug on Facebook?[/QUOTE]

Shockingly there are some who would!!;):eek:

Shockingly there are some who would!!;):eek:

I'm on a birth club on Facebook, and I've seen quite a few of them unashamed at posting pictures of their knickers contents asking if it's a show or what.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but show it to a medical professional or at the very least, Google and compare?

I mean, who really stops to take a picture of a snotty tissue? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh god the thoughts of it it's bad enough having to look at your own plug never mind having to look at anyone else's yuck :-SS

Thanks merkin I'm ok just getting on with what I have to do the kids are keeping me busy it's just still the 1day without him the hardest and still a bit weepy which doesn't help at all xx

• Advertisement

The first few days are bound to be hard and a but overwhelming. I bet you can't wait until he gets home.

Two words for the day: lightning vajayjay :o Its enough to make ones eyes water!!!

The first few days are bound to be hard and a but overwhelming. I bet you can't wait until he gets home.

Two words for the day: lightning vajayjay :o Its enough to make ones eyes water!!!

Three tightenings today that were strong enough to take my breath away. Never even thought to time them because they were really far apart! I have a hospital app on Thursday, would be dead handy for labour to kick off tonight! :o

Abdominal or vaginal contractions Shasha? Keep a little note of them if you can. These are just stretchy lightening rods that are happening pretty regularly but my word, they are INTENSE! Apparently it's everything stretching a little so I'll be interested to see if I'm dilated at all on Thursday when I have my appointment! Also getting twinges in my back.

Abdominal or vaginal contractions Shasha? Keep a little note of them if you can. These are just stretchy lightening rods that are happening pretty regularly but my word, they are INTENSE! Apparently it's everything stretching a little so I'll be interested to see if I'm dilated at all on Thursday when I have my appointment! Also getting twinges in my back.

Abdominal. I get the "faggers" (fanny daggers) as they are so aptly named whenever I walk :pac:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Abdominal. I get the "faggers" (fanny daggers) as they are so aptly named whenever I walk :pac:

Lolers, what a great name! I get them all the time, particularly when I'm lying in bed!

Good sign that you're getting contractions :)

• Advertisement

Lolers, what a great name! I get them all the time, particularly when I'm lying in bed!

Good sign that you're getting contractions :)

I'm hoping for another so I can mark the time, I only really noticed they were getting repetitive after the last one, but I regularly get 3-5 in a timely manner so I ignored it!

Ooooh how exciting! Get out your phone app and start recording them!

Ooooh how exciting! Get out your phone app and start recording them!

Couldn't resist the nesting urge any more and finished varnishing the new kitchen table so I can set it up with the chairs. Just bending over gave me overwhelming period type aches. Really hope she is at least CONSIDERING coming to meet me. I can't deal with another day of Mr. Bear getting sad because the cot is still empty!

How are ye now girls how was your days xx

How are ye now girls how was your days xx

Long and sore, still getting tightenings, but they're mad amounts apart, at least an hour and lasting a minute. But pretty constant throughout the day. Just working away as normal, maybe they'll ramp up tonight!

Good thanks Betsie although have intense pelvic pressure, every time I pee it feels like the little chap might pop his head out! I also have thick white discharge but I don't think it's my plug. I also have intense lightening vajayjay! I bet you're sorry you asked now! :D I'm otherwise well, Mr. Merkin installed the baby's little Maxi Cosi in his car this evening, very cute!

How are you feeling now m'dear? I presume hubby is home now? I'm sure you're still quite vulnerable and a bit low after the birth so today must have been hard. I hope you had a lovely time with the girls in any event, tomorrow will be easier xx

Oh shasha sounds promising though do the pains stop you in your tracks? Can you talk when your having them?

Merkin it's so cute when the car seat goes into the car for the 1st time , yesterday was the 1st day I was driving with the 2of them in the car and looking in the mirror at the 2of them was just wonderful xx

Hubby home since half 6 was so happy to see him had a lovely day just the girls though ( even the dog is a girl poor hubby out numbered ;-) ) I don't know about tomorrow being easier some of my family are coming to visit, sister and her hubby coming from wexford and my mam and 2grown up nieces coming from waterford for the day so will have a houseful xx

Oh shasha sounds promising though do the pains stop you in your tracks? Can you talk when your having them?

I can talk through them fine, but I couldn't continue what I'm doing at full speed if you get me. I have to stop and cringe and take a deep breath or two! Ive had them like this so many times though, it's like the little uterus that cried wolf at this stage!

I know, the car seat was a lovely sight. It looks nice and cozy too so hopefully he'll be comfy in there! Adorable having two of them in the back like they!!

That's a lot of people tomorrow Betsie. The great thing is though that they are close relatives so if you feel overwhelmed or just not up to it they won't be insulted if you run them! I'm sure they'll all help out but don't be scared to say so if it becomes too much, you need to be kind to yourself.

When you can't talk through them then start timing them ;-)

• Advertisement

I would feel bad running them though sis driving 2hrs and mam an hour and a half so will just have to grin and bear it for a few hours night head to bed and have a shower when they here :-D

I've had some spotting girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no mucus but there is blood, not a huge amount but it's fresh! Phoned maternity ward and they said to put on a pad, keep an eye on it and phone them back if there's pain/any more blood!!! How exciting! Not sure what it means at this stage but given the pressure I've had all day and the baby's head is practically down at my knees it could mean something! Will keep you posted!

Ah merkin so exciting keep us posted xx hopefully something will come of this now xx

Thanks Betsie, will do! The plan at the moment is to get into the jimjams, have a slice of carrot cake and watch Big Brother! :) I have some back pain and pelvic pressure but no contractions or pain so I guess the best thing to do for now is chill and take it easy! If there is any progress I will obviously report immediately!:)

Oh carrot cake yummy wouldn't mind some of that now with a cuppa try and relax xx

can't wait to hear xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi girls, just popped in to say hello... Haven't looked at the July thread before. Good luck Shasha! Hope you go soon.

Merkin... Did you tell the midwife the blood was bright red and not brownish red? I'm sure you did... But I'm just checking x

Hi Sligo! I did indeed and told her I'm Rh- too and she said just to keep an eye on it over the next couple of hours. Have a pad on now and it's ever so slight. I've had incredible pelvic pressure all day so I'm wondering if it's my cervix stretching or something? In any event, we are twenty mins away from hospital so I think the best thing for now is to wait and see. I'm feeling very calm, excited more than anything if this could be the start of something! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Do keep a good eye on it Hun... Especially if it's bright red. And make sure you call hospital if you're worried at all. How exciting if this is the start... Good luck. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Super exciting Merkin!

• Advertisement

It's more pinky really than bright red and now on the pad it's kind of pinky brown but fresh. No mucus. There isn't much of it. Thank you though, I am definitely on knicker watch and if it gets any heavier or I'm worried I will phone them again and probably make my way in. I'm 38 + 5 and I feel he's well ready but could just be one if those things, we will wait and see! Thanks hon xx

Advertisement