Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Pinky red/brown is good Hun! I had that too. Sounds like your plug is coming away. Exciting! X

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Really girl?! OMG the excitement! Was that with your first or with Lily? Was it long after that you went into labour?

Merkin wrote: »
    Really girl?! OMG the excitement! Was that with your first or with Lily? Was it long after that you went into labour?

Was with Lilly... But was a few days before I went into labour. Can't remember exactly now many. I wouldn't describe it as spotting what I had... More like a pinky streak in some mucous... Yucky lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Great news Merkin, hope it's a good sign of exciting in the next 24 hours :)

See there's no mucus, it's like pinky spotting you'd get after an internal or before a period or something. I've had shooting pains in my vajayjay and bottom all day so I think everything is stretching maybe. Am not in any discomfort or alarmed so sitting on the gym ball for now having just eaten my carrot cake and will see how I go. Thanks for advice, you're a star xx

• Advertisement

Jerrica wrote: »
    Great news Merkin, hope it's a good sign of exciting in the next 24 hours :)

Thanks, we shall see m'dear! Would be lovely if it's the start of something!

Go the ball! Some don't think it does anything... But I swear by it :). Xx

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Go the ball! Some don't think it does anything... But I swear by it :). Xx

On it for the last twenty mins! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I loved the ball on rachel hated it on ruby its gas xx

The next 24hrs will tell alot xx

Thanks a million Betsie! It's impossible to know! The plan is to watch a bit more TV and then go to bed in a while, take two paracetamol and try and get a bit of sleep if I can! We'll see how it goes! xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

How are you getting on, Merkin? Very exciting for you, and I must admit I'm a tad jealous as this little man doesn't seem to want to go anywhere!

My consultant said to me yesterday that if she was a betting woman, she'd be seeing me next wednesday, at 41 weeks! Up in the middle of the night circling on my ball, hope it helps the little monster drop.

I'm great thanks Rua. Have had a really good sleep and just been up for a loo break. Have only had a teensy amount of pink spotting during the night so am wondering if I got a bit ahead of myself! Have home visit with midwife later anyway so will ask, pubic pressure is still there in earnest, he is very far down!

How are you feeling Rua? Your little man will be here any day! The ball is brilliant, I found it such a relief yesterday given the pressure I had as even the armchair was uncomfortable! Hope you're managing some sleep xx

I had a tiny amount of blood in my undies a week or so ago with cramping, but nothing :( Hopefully for you it's the start of something, if not today, in the next couple of days.

I'm not too bad, thanks Merkin. Just was a bit annoyed that things hadn't changed much since last week. But she did say that first babies are often a week overdue, and my family has a long history of being close to 2 weeks overdue.

Will be talking induction next wednesday if nothing happens in the meantime. I'm hoping conditions are a bit more favourable by then!

That's good on the spotting! I think it's our lady bits getting ready, did the consultant mention whether you were delated or not? I know these last few weeks are tough, I've really been very Earth Mother and enjoyed every single blissful moment and change to my body but when it gets to this stage and bubs is so big it can be tough. Is your little one engaged at all? I can't recommend the ball enough. Especially now that you're term it will really help the little one to move into position so even just watching TV later or on or when on the phone sit on it, my midwife said at this stage it's all about avoiding slouching in any way and being as poker back straight as possible. Hopefully by Wednesday there will be some progress and you'll be meeting a Baby Rua in no time at all xx

I never lost my plug or had a show on either of mine and I used be almost obsessed with checking for it x

Hope your appointment with the midwife goes ok today merkin xx

Hope ye are all ok today xx xx

The consultant didn't even examine me as she didn't see any point, but will do so next week to see what is going on. She said she can feel most of his head, so I think only slightly engaged. Having a few slight pains today, so hopefully my marathon on the ball last night helped.

Currently sitting here feet up on the sofa, though!

I never lost my plug or had a show on either of mine and I used be almost obsessed with checking for it x

Hope your appointment with the midwife goes ok today merkin xx

Hope ye are all ok today xx xx

It's funny isn't it? We're on knicker watch for the pregnancy dreading any kind of spotting and the at the end we're peering hopefully in anticipation of the proverbial white smoke!!:)
    Rua1 wrote: »
    The consultant didn't even examine me as she didn't see any point, but will do so next week to see what is going on. She said she can feel most of his head, so I think only slightly engaged. Having a few slight pains today, so hopefully my marathon on the ball last night helped.

Currently sitting here feet up on the sofa, though!

Even if bubs is slightly engaged that's great!

Your dead right rua enjoy sitting with your feet up now coz pretty soon you won't have any time too xx

Just thought I would share this pic of my little ruby just finished her bottle xx

OMG Betsie she is absolutely beautiful, what a perfect little girl. She looks so content! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks merkin xx

Once she is fed clean and gets plenty of cuddles she is happy out xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Just thought I would share this pic of my little ruby just finished her bottle xx

She is absolutely gorgeous Betsie. :)

She's beautiful Betsie, what an absolute little dote. Any more progress Merkin?

I'm very tired today, gave myself a bit of a fright this morning when I slipped getting into the pool, no harm done other than a bruised ego and a momentary worry I'd have a spontaneous water birth :D Plenty of cramps under the bump and some back pain too, but all clear on knickers watch!!!

Midwife has just been Jerrica, a lovely relaxed BP of 102/70, ursine clear and she said she thinks the spotting is the start of my plug, there doesn't necessarily have to be mucus and it can often be the pinky/browny/yellowy spotting I'm getting. She did comment that my bump is sitting very very low and she thinks the pubic pressure is a good sign too so it's really a case of wait and see and my obstetrician will be able to tell me more tomorrow re favourability etc. I slept well and am excited so we will see how things progress! :) I'm happy because I feel the show is on the road somewhat!

I hope you're ok after your slip, it's bound to make you feel a but funny! Wonderful sign on the back pain too, labour often starts there! Are the pains regular? As for the knicker watch, so many women I know can go into labour without having experienced one jot of discharge or spotting so don't let that discourage you, all the signs are there for you! :)

I've just noticed Shasha is quieter than normal so I wonder if things are underway for Baby Bear!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »

I've just noticed Shasha is quieter than normal so I wonder if things are underway for Baby Bear!

Bah! :o

Ah they're nothing regular, more like a constant ache, but cumulatively along with the dropped bump just like you I'm taking it as a good sign :)

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Bah! :o

Lol, there you are! When you'd been talking of your contractions yesterday I thought you might be well on the way! :D How are you feeling?

Jerrica wrote: »
    Ah they're nothing regular, more like a constant ache, but cumulatively along with the dropped bump just like you I'm taking it as a good sign :)

The dropping really puts pressure on the lower belly doesn't it?! My bump is a very distinct 'U' shape now!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Geez lots happening since I was last online...I was reading the last few pages frantically to see how the story would end Merkin :-) You sound so excited. It has pepped me up a bit.

I would have been crying my eyes out Jerrica if that were me..I walk around the pool like an aging robot just in case I slip!

Not home long from my hospital appointment. Got the aul sweep done. The consultant said I was scoring 5 on the Bishops Score and that I was favourable for a sweep. He didn't give me exact dialation but said he couldn't do the sweep if I wasn't dialated. It was very quick and a few owws and ahhs were uttered when he was doing it! He has me booked in for an induction next Tuesday morning. So we shall see how things pan out :-)
    I left feeling a bit woozy and I was nervous in the car on the way home. Bit snappy with my Hubby for driving too close behind other cars...he probably wasn't that close. Poor divel :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

She's a wee doll Betsie :-) Oh the jealously!!!

Advertisement