Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »
    Lol, there you are! When you'd been talking of your contractions yesterday I thought you might be well on the way! :D How are you feeling?

Weird. Very agitated. I went to bed last night and had two hazy dreams of going into labour, the second woke me up and I felt queazy, hot, like I needed to poop and had a bad cramp low in my abdomen. It passed, I went back to sleep, and that was it :P
    Just had two contractions, one per hour so I'm just getting prepared to get super excited about nothing happening yet again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Geez lots happening since I was last online...I was reading the last few pages frantically to see how the story would end Merkin :-) You sound so excited. It has pepped me up a bit.

I would have been crying my eyes out Jerrica if that were me..I walk around the pool like an aging robot just in case I slip!

Not home long from my hospital appointment. Got the aul sweep done. The consultant said I was scoring 5 on the Bishops Score and that I was favourable for a sweep. He didn't give me exact dialation but said he couldn't do the sweep if I wasn't dialated. It was very quick and a few owws and ahhs were uttered when he was doing it! He has me booked in for an induction next Tuesday morning. So we shall see how things pan out :-)
    I left feeling a bit woozy and I was nervous in the car on the way home. Bit snappy with my Hubby for driving too close behind other cars...he probably wasn't that close. Poor divel :-/

Awww thanks hon. I am very excited tbh but don't want to psyche myself up too much either and end up in suspended animation for weeks! I do feel he's getting ready though and just the thought of being able to cuddle and kiss his little head and hold him close soon makes me melt!

Brilliant to hear about the sweep! You could go any time then and I'm glad to hear it wasn't too uncomfortable or anything! Are you relieved you've had it? If you were that favourable you might just go on your own!:)

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Weird. Very agitated. I went to bed last night and had two hazy dreams of going into labour, the second woke me up and I felt queazy, hot, like I needed to poop and had a bad cramp low in my abdomen. It passed, I went back to sleep, and that was it :P
    Just had two contractions, one per hour so I'm just getting prepared to get super excited about nothing happening yet again :D

Loose bowels and feeling nauseous are sure signs Shasha!! Honestly, you're so close at this stage. Any back ache or pressure?

Loose bowels and feeling nauseous are sure signs Shasha!! Honestly, you're so close at this stage. Any back ache or pressure?

Constant pressure and backache. My coccyx is excruciatingly sore, especially standing up and sitting down - but then it's been like that for days now :pac: I suppose I'll know more in the morning at my appointment. My mother did remark that my bump has completely changed shape as well as migrating south so possibly she has (hopefully) turned the right way now instead of staying back to back!

If I was a betting woman I'd be running (OK waddling) to my nearest turf accountant post haste! You are so nearly there. I've had the bottom lightning rods too, especially when I sit. It's like my rear pelvis is also separating and stretching. It's actually great that you're seeing your consultant tomorrow as Im sure they'll examine you and maybe give you a sweep if it us something you're amenable to?

• Advertisement

If I was a betting woman I'd be running (OK waddling) to my nearest turf accountant post haste! You are so nearly there. I've had the bottom lightning rods too, especially when I sit. It's like my rear pelvis is also separating and stretching. It's actually great that you're seeing your consultant tomorrow as Im sure they'll examine you and maybe give you a sweep if it us something you're amenable to?

Midwife led care, so no consultants for me, but I am booked for a sweep if favourable. Tbh she can put whatever she can fit up there if it will get things moving! I'd be amenable to her entire arm if it meant a baby :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh girls I'm. So excited reading all your posts Can't wait to read all about tho new babies xx

Thanks for the nice comments girls xx here are my 2girls xx Rachel and ruby xx

Awwww will you look! I love seeing bigger babies with teeny tiny babies, it's so cute, they'll be great friends!

So far so good together anyway haha xx let's hope it stays that way xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Popping my head in for a nose at the new arrivals. Your daughters are gorgeous Betsie! The Braxton hicks and all those signs must be such a tease at this stage. Didn't have a single one in my entire pregnancy, never spotted at the end or lost my plug and my waters didn't break until 40 mins before I had her. Saying that, I was induced at 10 days over :) Good luck to those of you waiting, exciting times ladies!!

• Advertisement

Thanks very much rosey xx

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

What lovely little girls you have, Betsie. You must be delighted with yourself!

Hope baby Bear is moving for you, Shasha!
    Certainly does look like a bit of activity here.

My house is sparkling right now too, strange as I HATE cleaning. Hopefully that means someone isn't far off, although I'm starting to suspect I'll be sitting here next year waiting for his majesty to arrive.

Rua1 wrote: »
    What lovely little girls you have, Betsie. You must be delighted with yourself!

Hope baby Bear is moving for you, Shasha!
    Certainly does look like a bit of activity here.

My house is sparkling right now too, strange as I HATE cleaning. Hopefully that means someone isn't far off, although I'm starting to suspect I'll be sitting here next year waiting for his majesty to arrive.

Was looking positive there, three contractions - one an hour from 2-4, then one at 4.40. Was expecting to get one at 5.25, but nothing. Then got one at 5.40, and another one just now! Still not strong yet - enough to make me need to double over a bit but that's about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

I've been quietly following this thread for the last few months - hope everyone is doing well!
    My partner yesterday had a baby girl.
    She went 3 days early so we were taken a bit by surprise. Woke up and her waters had broken (destroyed the sheets and mattress :o), and contractions started 2 hours after. We went into Holles St and were admitted to the labour ward (or maternity suite as they are now called).
    Contractions were pretty intense, but after a few hours she had an epidural and everything after until the delivery was apparently very easy.
    The delivery took about 30 minutes and was pretty rough but no complications.
    I'm at home now waiting to go back into the hospital, trying to get the house ready and 5 million other things.
    Hopefully mum and baby can come home later today. My other 2.5yo is in nana's house, but I imagine once she comes back the two girls will wreak havoc.
    The midwives we've dealt with in Holles St were mostly really wonderful and tried to make mum as comfortable as possible.

Anyway, wanted to wish everyone good luck with their births, and more importantly the very hard few weeks afterwards.

Congratulations fjon on the new addition to your family, I'd say you can't wait to welcome them home!

Congratulations fjon on the new arrival hope all are well

Merkin how are you today? Did you got a good sleep?

Hey Betsie! Just in consultants waiting room right now, have appt at 09.50. Had a teeny bit more spotting last night and have a lot of pressure again. Just had my BP done and it's up which I am most vexed about, am also swollen up like a Toulouse sausage. Slept well though. Am thinking if BP is up she may decide to get things moving!

How are you and how are all the other lovely July ladies? Hope you're not finding the heat too much, it's roasting here!

Was your bp up much? She might suggest induction if it is especially as you. Have swelling as well xx let us know how it goes xx

It's so warm today hope ye are all finding a way to keep cool xx

It's 140/70 which is on the high side considering I'm on meds. Midwife said she'll do it again in a while, it's been managed well so you'd think it's for spite it's up this morning although like you say, it may means she decides to induce. We shall see. I'm a cranky mare this morning!

Could be the heat too causing it to be a bit higher , don't talk to anyone when they are taking it again pick a spot on the wall/ floor and stare at it till your finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Congratulations fjon! what's the temperature like in holles st. hospital? my midwife warned me to pack tons of facial cloths into my hospital bag because it's very hot in there, so I can use them to cool my face down... it doesn't sound very effective but I'll pack a few, just in case...

It looks like we have a race here on whoever is going in first - Merkin or Shasha. my money is on Merkin ;) high BP sucks but it could be down to the heat and also stress of being in the hospital (white lab coat syndrome).

I'm checking my BP every morning and I'm happy that is on the low side 110/65. I'm also watching for unusual swelling and protein in my pee. Re: the heat - outside is lovely but I hate roasting rooms in the house. It's hard to fall asleep at night but once I do, I sleep like a baby ;)
    Roesy wrote: »
    Popping my head in for a nose at the new arrivals. Your daughters are gorgeous Betsie! The Braxton hicks and all those signs must be such a tease at this stage. Didn't have a single one in my entire pregnancy, never spotted at the end or lost my plug and my waters didn't break until 40 mins before I had her. Saying that, I was induced at 10 days over :) Good luck to those of you waiting, exciting times ladies!!
    I think my story is gonna be very similar, if not identical to yours. I have no symptoms of baby coming yet and according to the calendar I'm due in 6 days! I certainly don't feel like that.
    Just thought I would share this pic of my little ruby just finished her bottle xx
    postcard perfect picture! very cute baby.

So I went to see my lovely consultant this morning who had a look at my cervix and surprisingly it is like Fort Knox down there, Baby Merkin is very content for the moment thanking you and I am not favourable for a sweep today at all. BP was normal on second check thankfully so I suspect a bit if white coat syndrome was at play!

HOWEVER, because of the high BP last week and because I am swollen up like a balloon on my hands and feet, she has decided to start a very gentle induction process on Monday!

So I go into hospital at 8pm Sunday evening, they will insert a prostaglandin pessary and the process could take a number of days before I go into labour. Because of BP as well, she has advised an epidural on medical grounds because a. He's a big chap and b. it's a wonderful way of lowering the BP through labour!

So there we go guys, an exciting week ahead! Like I say, this particular mode of induction takes a while and if nothing happens they may need to go onto something stronger so it will probably take a few days but we are hopeful he will be here on or before his due date of the 24th for lots of kisses and cuddles!

It's quite nice having a bit of a schedule really. I'm 39 weeks today and am a bit out of sorts today so having a few days to chill at home is really lovely. I'm also happy for Mr. Merkin, he's mightily relieved that we have a clearer idea of what's happening and when.

Can't wait to meet our little boy :)

Ah merkin it's so nice to have a plan now so excited :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Glad all is ok merkin. It's nice to know what to expect. And at least you won't be going overdue! Worst thing ever! Delighted ye are happy with the plan. Will be thinking of ye :).

Ooooh Merkin, so excited for you! I had my sweep today, not the most comfortable of procedures (think if the MW went any further up she could have scratched my tonsils :pac: )
    I'm "not really effaced" but she said the cervix is nice and soft and she could feel baby's head sitting RIGHT on it. There was a good bit of blood afterwards (my partner started to faint, he thought something went wrong, bless :o ) and I've been a bit crampy and achy since (about 9am), still brown spotting when I wipe. She asked me to come back in again on Sunday for another sweep because she reckoned that if it didn't make me go into labour, it might encourage effacement and some dilation!

Thank you so so much for good wishes girls. :) It is lovely not to be going overdue. An induction isn't ideal probably as I think everyone would like to go naturally but considering he's measuring at 42 weeks I FEEL overdue! Am looking forward to be getting on with it tbh. The consultant said something really nice earlier as well. She said they have all taken a big shine to me in the maternity ward and are all hoping they are the one to deliver baby Merkin which is nice. I really like the team there too so it's nice to be going in with an already established rapport!

Hoping all the other July Mummies are well. Shasha Id say you're mightily relieved to have had the sweep. Hope you go soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Hey girls haven't been on in a while. We've had a very hectic 12 days. We were finally discharged on Monday evening. Sent home on a prescription feed called nutriprem 1for the foreseeable future and back twice a week for weigh ins. First one this morning and he's up 10 oz. Hoping to break the 6 lb mark for Monday's weigh in. He's doing well tg. So so very happy.

Two week check tomorrow now and the big girl's vaccines also. 

I'm super tired and super emotional most of the time. Cant help but spend any and all quiet time worrying about the wee man. Havent had a chance to read back over your posts just yet but just want to check in to say thinking of ye all xxx

Here's a pic of our wee maneen.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

So glad you have a plan Merkin. Not long now and you'll have your bundle and then the real fun begins :D

Shasha, really hope t h e sweep gets you going.I swear it's what helped me along last time.

Just regards the plug, I lost nothing before my waters broke so not always an indication the something is or isn't happening.

Awwww dizzymiss, will you look at the little contented doteen! He looks very healthy and it's great that he's putting on weight too. I'm sure the last couple of weeks have been fraught with worry, I hope you're feeling a bit more settled now that you're all home together xx

• Advertisement

Ah dizzy it's great ye are both home and he is putting on weight

Shasha the sweep might be just what you need to get things going how are you feeling now after it x poor men are not able for the sight of blood at all my hubby still freaks out if he thinks of the birth of our eldest was j very bloody one :-D

Merkin how are yo. Feeling about your plan now xx

Advertisement