Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

j@utis wrote: »
    Congratulations fjon! what's the temperature like in holles st. hospital? my midwife warned me to pack tons of facial cloths into my hospital bag because it's very hot in there, so I can use them to cool my face down... it doesn't sound very effective but I'll pack a few, just in case...

Holles St. is HOT! Not sure what you can do about the heat, but I'm sure that the shower you have after the birth will be one of the best ones of your life.
    More annoying than the heat is the constant drilling and work going on there renovating the hospital. They were at it when we had our first child in Jan 2012, and it's still ongoing. It's hard enough to sleep in the post-natal ward with 5 other babies crying without having to listen to jackhammers.
    Maybe bring earplugs?

We're at home now - got discharged about 24 hours after arriving. Baby and mother have been sleeping and feeding all day, and it's all very calm.
    Tomorrow morning my other daughter comes home and things will change a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

thanks for your comment, fjon. and yes, earplugs are first item on my hospital list ;) I noticed the construction noise when I went there for the antenatal classes.
    it sounds you're all doing great, take it easy and enjoy your new baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Looks like next week is going to be a busy one for us all :-)
    Glad the sweep went well Shasha, I was the same yesterday and today with the dark discharge...don't think it was plug related. I was circling the garden with the dog earlier today when I broke into a jog to see if I could encourage anything but nada. Just some pressure down below.
    Merkin the end is in sight and it sounds like you're going into a great place to have the baby. Enjoy the next few days with Mr Merkin...multiple orgasms will ripen the cervix (as told to us by our midwife) along with chocolate so you should make a weekend of it!!

Brilliant to hear about the sweep! You could go any time then and I'm glad to hear it wasn't too uncomfortable or anything! Are you relieved you've had it? If you were that favourable you might just go on your own!:)[/QUOTE]

Yes glad I had it done as I know now that my induction will only involve breaking my waters. No gels as I'm effaced. Either way not long to wait until Tuesday. Bit of insomnia tonight though :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Fair play to you for trying to jog haha I couldn't of done that I still couldn't do that haha x

• Advertisement

When I say jog, I mean I looked like a Chinese person pushing a rickshaw...barely lifting my feet off the ground.
    You must be up feeding the little lady :-) has she settled into a good routine yet?

Oh i was up feeding was up half the night with her last night she was a bit constipated xx ok now though ;-) she is starting to get into a routine another week or so should be set all going well xx

How is everyone this morning xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Oh i was up feeding was up half the night with her last night she was a bit constipated xx ok now though ;-) she is starting to get into a routine another week or so should be set all going well xx

How is everyone this morning xx

Disappointed haha! Was really hoping something would happen tonight! I keep getting told that labour can just start with no warning, but I just feel so 'normal' that I think it cant possibly happen today! Weird thing is though my partner and I are getting a very metallic blood smell off me, even though the bleeding (if you could even call it that) stopped yesterday evening!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Disappointed haha! Was really hoping something would happen tonight! I keep getting told that labour can just start with no warning, but I just feel so 'normal' that I think it cant possibly happen today! Weird thing is though my partner and I are getting a very metallic blood smell off me, even though the bleeding (if you could even call it that) stopped yesterday evening!

No way what's that about I wonder?? You never know when it's going to start I was asleep when my waters broke had no idea :-D

No way what's that about I wonder?? You never know when it's going to start I was asleep when my waters broke had no idea :-D

It's really odd - still getting the smell after a shower and there's nothing when I wipe so it's not like it's hiding anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Looks like it is relatively common and that things could be moving for you soon! You also bled at the sweep yesterday so that may be contributing?

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a24916553/labor_smell

Woolly, as much as a weekend of multiple orgasms (I am missing sex so so much) and chocolate sounds appealing, sex has been off the menu for weeks now simply due to no position being in any way feasible. I also feel in NO way sexy and Mr. Merkin isn't overly enthused about it at this late stage either......we're both eagerly anticipating getting back to business though, really really miss it!

Feeling good Betsie! A bit apprehensive but excited!

Quick question! I'm going for an eyebrow wax and pedicure at 4.30pm, do you reckon I could get a French pedi? Isn't the idea of not wearing polish so that they can keep an eye on the colour of your nails in the event of a section? If so would clear polish be ok do you think!

Merkin wrote: »
    Looks like it is relatively common and that things could be moving for you soon! You also bled at the sweep yesterday so that may be contributing?

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a24916553/labor_smell

Hmm, might have to look into this some more :pac:
    I did indeed, and spotted old blood for a few hours after, but there's been nothing since about 5pm yesterday, and OH and I did the deed last night and this morning, and there was nothing then either so I'm just curious as to what it is! I thought it might be the sensitive pregnancy nose but OH can smell it too!

How are ye all now ladies xx

Great thanks Betsie! Have had a lovely day and had such a gorgeous pedicure, my feet were quite swollen and achy and it a as so enjoyable, so refreshing and indulgent.

Oh sounds like heaven merkin just what you needed xx

tomorrow I'm getting my nails done love getting them done and my eyebrows coz let's face it they look like 2bushes haven't had time to look after myself since little lady arrived xx 2hrs to myself I can't wait xx

Oh it did me the power of good, I'm a big fan of self indulgence! You're right to go off and treat yourself tomorrow, important to have a bit if time to yourself xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Oh ladies, Amen to the treats, it's so important to do little things that make you feel normal at a time of so much flux :) Betsie enjoy yourself today!! shasha, date I ask if there's any news!?? Only a couple more days to go Merkin!!

Had the most lively date day with my husband yesterday, he took a half day and we spent the afternoon at the movies and eating pizza, it was lovely. Last night I started getting a strong dull ache under my bump and on my back, and I'm 85% sure I had some contractions - they were much more painful than BH but I could breath through them fairly easily and chat away to my husband so I not completely sure if it was the start of something or what? I couldn't really time them or anything. Eventually got to sleep, woke a few time with pains but nothing noteworthy. Back to just having solid pain in my back and my bump now and the ball is the only place I'm comfortable. I keep getting so excited at the thought that something is happening, I might be subconsciously talking myself put of it with all the adrenaline :D 39+6 today.

Oh i went into labour the day after being to the cinema at 39+ 3 ;-) you never know

I better see whats on in the cinema then :P

Mrs browns boys done it for me ;-)

• Advertisement

Okay, slightly creepy question time.

I've not had any leakage (boob :pac: ) since I got pregnant. Or rather, no marks on my tops, but have noticed that there would be a few (eww) crusty specs sitting right in my nipples when I'm showering.
    So last night in the shower I was cleaning said crust out of one nipple, and it started oozing yellow/orange! I lost about half a teaspoon (my partner's over-excited internet searching suggests colostrum :p ) and the oozing let off when I stopped putting pressure on the underneath of my boob (I have to hold them up to wash underneath them :pac: ) but as soon as I applied the pressure, it started again!

I think I'm just getting a teeny bit excited that maybe (since it's not been a constant thing and never happened before) that my body knows something I don't. Both my breasts are actually VERY tender this morning, and both nipples are very sensitive too! :eek:

Edit: I went off on a tangent and realised I said I was going to ask a question - does it sound like we might be onto something here??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Okay, slightly creepy question time.

I've not had any leakage (boob :pac: ) since I got pregnant. Or rather, no marks on my tops, but have noticed that there would be a few (eww) crusty specs sitting right in my nipples when I'm showering.
    So last night in the shower I was cleaning said crust out of one nipple, and it started oozing yellow/orange! I lost about half a teaspoon (my partner's over-excited internet searching suggests colostrum :p ) and the oozing let off when I stopped putting pressure on the underneath of my boob (I have to hold them up to wash underneath them :pac: ) but as soon as I applied the pressure, it started again!

I think I'm just getting a teeny bit excited that maybe (since it's not been a constant thing and never happened before) that my body knows something I don't. Both my breasts are actually VERY tender this morning, and both nipples are very sensitive too! :eek:

Edit: I went off on a tangent and realised I said I was going to ask a question - does it sound like we might be onto something here??

Sounds like colostrum alright. Used happen to me in the shower for a week or so before having bubs. Never leaked either.

Reasonably achy in the abdominal department this morning, have decided to task myself with getting the house in order (considering my daily nesting, this should take about 20 minutes :pac: ) and seeing if I can convince my partner to take me to the chemist for a facemask and some new bubble bath :P
    Got an adorable cardigan started yesterday, so I'm gonna work on that too. An awful lot of people are betting on me going late tonight and giving birth tomorrow, because my mother was 8 days overdue with me :rolleyes: There's some strength in going overdue being hereditary - I'd happily go tonight, don't really relish the thought of that second sweep tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Reasonably achy in the abdominal department this morning, have decided to task myself with getting the house in order (considering my daily nesting, this should take about 20 minutes :pac: ) and seeing if I can convince my partner to take me to the chemist for a facemask and some new bubble bath :P
    Got an adorable cardigan started yesterday, so I'm gonna work on that too. An awful lot of people are betting on me going late tonight and giving birth tomorrow, because my mother was 8 days overdue with me :rolleyes: There's some strength in going overdue being hereditary - I'd happily go tonight, don't really relish the thought of that second sweep tomorrow :pac:

Those are good signs Shasha. I never had any of those other than the little bit of colostrum. Hopefully you'll go yourself tonight or the sweep tomorrow will get things under way. My mother was 10 days early with me but I had no such luck :) Enjoy your day and definitely try and fit some relaxing in with your nesting. People used tell me the same but to be honest once I went over I just filled my days the best I could. I got my hair blow dried, had a wander around town and went for a bowl of spicy chicken wings for lunch with my aunts the day I was induced. The waitresses face was a picture when for the laugh my aunt asked her to hurry with bill because she had to get me to the hospital to have the baby. Was kind of true, my husband was working a half day and was meeting me at the hospital so technically she was dropping me off to have the baby :D

Got a call from the midwife working tomorrow who's giving me another sweep as early as I can get in in the morning. Said she was so happy to see that I was 1cm dilated before the sweep and that I should be very proud of my body doing that hard work all by itself without giving me too much trouble. She said I was so brave and patient and she was confident that the exam tomorrow would bring even more good news.

Cue me bawling and crying on the phone over her being so nice, and she said that tears are so, so good for helping to relax the body. She told me to go have a good cry and a nap and she bet I'd feel some pains. Surely, I couldn't even get comfy in bed because of the tightenings I started to get once the crying stopped :o

Mrs browns boys done it for me ;-)

I went to an Alan Carr gig last week and I honestly thought at one stage that my waters were going to break, at one stage I was laughing so hard it hurt! :D

Shasha are you all set for your sweep tomorrow?? Hopefully will work for you xx

Merkin is it tomorrow morning/ night that your going in for induction?

I'm so excited can't wait to hear both your news x

Shasha are you all set for your sweep tomorrow?? Hopefully will work for you xx

Merkin is it tomorrow morning/ night that your going in for induction?

I'm so excited can't wait to hear both your news x

Bit agitated because I wasn't at my most comfortable after it, but at the same time I'm looking forward to a cervical update :pac:

Hopefully SOMEONE has some good news tomorrow!! :D

It's not the most comfortable of things to have done but then again nothing about labour is comfortable ;-)

• Advertisement

Great sign the boobs are working Shasha :-) I had leaky boobs from around 30 weeks. Crusty circles on my nightie in the morning! Your labour symptoms are building. Hopefully sweep 2 will push you over the edge!

Geez it's warm today. I've a bucket of water drunk already. Still no signs here of any pains. I've had a small amount of discharge which could be part of the plug but not sure. Little bit nervous about getting my waters broken on Tuesday, I've read it doesn’t hurt but after minding myself like an egg for the last 9 months I don't like the idea of someone sticking a crochet hook in me!

Sitting here listening to Van Morrison...very relaxing. I think this is what I'll have on in the birthing room :-)

Advertisement