Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Merkin is it tomorrow morning/ night that your going in for induction? x

Due for admission at 8pm tomorrow Betsie. I have to phone late afternoon to make sure there's a bed and then they will either begin induction that evening or Monday morning if there are no emergencies. So it's a case of going with the flow really but thankfully I'm not a control freak and am pretty laid back so am happy just to go along with what's best for all of us. I'm excited and apprehensive but have had a lovely day with hubby, had a delicious Thai lunch and lots of cuddling up, really nice last evening together. Thanks for good wishes :)
    Geez it's warm today. I've a bucket of water drunk already. Still no signs here of any pains. I've had a small amount of discharge which could be part of the plug but not sure. Little bit nervous about getting my waters broken on Tuesday, I've read it doesn’t hurt but after minding myself like an egg for the last 9 months I don't like the idea of someone sticking a crochet hook in me!)

Oh Woolly, a few of us could be birthing at the sane time at this rate! Very best of luck for Tuesday, I hope it goes really well for you, bubs will be here before you know it! :)

Have pink spotting again this evening so am hoping bubba is preparing himself in readiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Looks like it Merkin :-) Glad you had a good day with the Hubby...kissin and cuddlin all adds to the endorphins. Good luck yourself, hope it goes smoothly for you.

It's the final countdown now :-)

Thank you! Speaking of endorphins, have you a TENS machine Woolly? If you know you're being induced on Tuesday might be worthwhile hooking yourself up beforehand, it feels amazing and releases lots of endorphins before and in labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

I have indeed thanks. Was worried about not being able to hook it up myself if I was on my own and contractions started but I suppose that's one advantage of being induced. I had a look in my hospital bags there to make sure I had everything I needed. Didn't realise how organised I was when I packed it weeks ago :-)

Exactly. Means you can put it on even before being induced! I love the sensation of it, like a lovely massage. Hope everything goes well xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Try not to worry too much about being induced having your waters broke etc it's not all that bad just think of the end result ;-) was induced on my 1st had the gel had my waters broke had the drip xx try relax concentrate on your breathing ( easier said then done believe me I know) ye will do great ladies I know you will xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Due day today :) Really thought something was stirring after all the pains the other night but she's going nowhere for now. Trying very very very hard to be patient.... but not having much success :o

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

All the best today for the induction, merkin, assuming nothing happens before then. Same to woollie on Tuesday :)

Sitting here at 40 + 3 today. Come on baby.........If there is any truth to being overdue being hereditary, then I'm well doomed.....both grandmothers and my mother were close to being 2 weeks overdue on nearly all babies :(

Getting pretty annoyed each evening with another day going by and nothing. Starting to wonder if I should join a July 2015 birth club at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Rua1 wrote: »
    All the best today for the induction, merkin, assuming nothing happens before then. Same to woollie on Tuesday :)

Sitting here at 40 + 3 today. Come on baby.........If there is any truth to being overdue being hereditary, then I'm well doomed.....both grandmothers and my mother were close to being 2 weeks overdue on nearly all babies :(

Getting pretty annoyed each evening with another day going by and nothing. Starting to wonder if I should join a July 2015 birth club at this rate

I hear ya :pac:
    Going for the sweep now shortly, leaving for the hospital in an hour. Midwife's advice was "nice brisk walk after the sweep, plenty of chocolate and then milk himself until smoke comes out" :D She suggested a bath to go with the chocolate, but I got stuck in the bath last night. Took 15 minutes for me and OH to get me out :(

Rua1 wrote: »

Thanks for good wishes Rua. I slept the sleep of the just last night thankfully! Planning on a relaxing day and a big bowl of carbonara before going in for energy. Also got some earplugs as sleep can be elusive in an induction suite. One of my best friends had her baby in Holles Street two weeks ago and said the girl beside her sounded like she was having really passionate sex beside her for the duration of her contractions and it was a bit distracting!:o

I really don't think being overdue is hereditary hon, there are too many other factors at play. If you can, avoid slouching or reclining too much and try and get on the ball to help baby into position and engaged. I know how hard the home stretch is but Baby Rua will be here in a matter of days, use the chance to go on a few dates with your hubby and make the most of it, the little one will be here before you know it xx

Good luck with the sweep SS.

• Advertisement

I meant to say, got a great tip from my lovely sister in law yesterday. Baby's first little poo tends to be very black and sticky so she said when bubba is born and you're changing them into their clothes, rub a layer of Vaseline all over their little bottom and creases etc so that when they do have their first poo, the Vaseline works as a great barrier for their skin and means cleaning them up is much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Best of luck girls. Exciting couple of days ahead. Thinking of ye all. The Vaseline is a great tip for the first couple of weeks. Poop just wipes away and you're not scrubbing their delicate little botties xxx

Good luck today ShaSha :)

Rua there's a not small part of my brain that has me convinced I've just had bad wind for nine months with the lack of baby production going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Girls just to say if anyone is atuck for a tens machine theyre more than welcome to borrow mine...:-)

Thinking of ye all ladies hope everythinp goes well for ye xx

Hello ladies! Well I'm here and settled after the longest day EVER! Torture having to wait until 8pm to be admitted, think I repacked my case about twenty times! Got here and my favourite midwife ever is on for the night which is just great. Baby put on monitor for an hour and was all delighted with himself. Then I had an internal, I scored a sympathy ONE on the Bishop Score but baby in great position etc. So had prostaglandin pessary inserted at 22.15 and put on monitor for an hour and it started very mild contractions right away. I can only feel a bit of pubic pressure and back ache but monitor shows we are responding well. So nice and chilled now, glad to be getting on with it and will hopefully get a bit of sleep. Am sharing the induction suite with two other girls and they seem nice. Thing is, this could take a few days so can't get over excited and convince myself that Baby Merkin will be here by morning! Hope you're all doing well this evening and will update tomorrow at some stage!!xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Merkin wrote: »
    Hello ladies! Well I'm here and settled after the longest day EVER! Torture having to wait until 8pm to be admitted, think I repacked my case about twenty times! Got here and my favourite midwife ever is on for the night which is just great. Baby put on monitor for an hour and was all delighted with himself. Then I had an internal, I scored a sympathy ONE on the Bishop Score but baby in great position etc. So had prostaglandin pessary inserted at 22.15 and put on monitor for an hour and it started very mild contractions right away. I can only feel a bit of pubic pressure and back ache but monitor shows we are responding well. So nice and chilled now, glad to be getting on with it and will hopefully get a bit of sleep. Am sharing the induction suite with two other girls and they seem nice. Thing is, this could take a few days so can't get over excited and convince myself that Baby Merkin will be here by morning! Hope you're all doing well this evening and will update tomorrow at some stage!!xx

Delighted youre on your way even if baby and you just relax for the night:-) take your rest and think ahead to how incredible everything will be before you know it:-):-)

Merkin it's the start of your wonderful journey to meet your precious baby xx enjoy it try to get some rest tonight while you still can xx

Oh Merkin really hope things ramp up for you soon!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

On the way to the hospital with the wife, couldn't the baby have decided to come after a full nights sleep!

• Advertisement

On the way to the hospital with the wife, couldn't the baby have decided to come after a full nights sleep!

Full nights sleep - well that ends now :P

Haha full night sleep are very mulh a thing of the past :-D

Best of luck to ye though x

Had the roughest night of sleep! Just couldn't doze off with the cramps and back/leg pain (not severe, but enough to stop me sleeping) and finally the exhaustion took over at about 2am, but I've woken up twice with cramps and was lain there thinking "Oh yeah, labour - might be that thing!". So I got up, and now the cramps have more or less stopped and now I'm awake from moving about! :pac:

Not long now for you Shasha! Have you earplugs with you? I do and they are a God send! I've slept until now but was woken up by midwife Sandra @ 3am for her to put myself and bubs on the monitor for ten mins to check progress. Having regular contractions which show up on the monitor but which I can't really feel as they are so mild and the little man seems quite happy with what's going on. Have had a few twinges of back ache that took my breath away so Im suspecting they are the real ones......oh sh1tballs!! :)

The girl beside me had her first pessary on Friday and nothing has happened since so I'm under no illusions as to how lengthy the process could be, I'm happy with it though and Im comfortable and content. For any of you girls who have yet to go in, bring your own pillow! I've brought my lovely goose down and I'm sure that's why I've slept so well. Also bring ear plugs and a couple of good books and some cordial.

Good luck to everyone today, hoping to catch a snooze now and will update later xx

It's great your having contractions already merkin even though they are not strong they are doing something xx

Shasha did you manage any more sleep xx

Thanks Betsie, the midwife said that too. She said it means that my body is responding which is good! :)

Thinking of you Shasha. I am presuming you are in hospital now?

It's a great sign merkin xx is hubby coming back into you this morning x

Best of birthing wishes to the lucky ladies who are due to meet their babies in the next couple of days :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Into holles street for a few hours, the released.

Not in labour but contractions are about 5 mins apart lasting for 30 seconds, no other signs as yet.

I have one cranky wife!

Both of us now are 24 hours without sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

All the best to Merkin, ShaSha, and helimachoptor's wife.....hope things get a good move on for you.

Was up in the night with leg/back pains too, Shasha, they do seem to stop, or I don't notice them, if I move around a bit.

Advertisement