Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

July 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Rua1 wrote: »
    All the best to Merkin, ShaSha, and helimachoptor's wife.....hope things get a good move on for you.

Was up in the night with leg/back pains too, Shasha, they do seem to stop, or I don't notice them, if I move around a bit.

I'm determined to have this baby. Went back to sleep at about 7 and I dreamt of her. My heart shattered when I woke up and my arms were empty :o

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Great tips girls I've my earplugs and vaseline packed :-) Thanks for your induction comments Betsie, was thinking about it yesterday and got a bit nervous but it's good to hear positive experiences. Merkin you sound as cool for school :-) Glad you're being well looked after.

I intend on having a relaxing day today to reserve my energy for tomorrow. Knowing me I won't sleep well tonight knowing I have to be up and gone early so a few naps on the couch today will help.
    Might put a few comedies on to get me laughing. After ye were saying about the cinema/Alan Carr the other night we put on a few Youtube videos of Greg Davies and I was cackling like a witch. All endorphins welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'm determined to have this baby. Went back to sleep at about 7 and I dreamt of her. My heart shattered when I woke up and my arms were empty :o

Keep the chin up Shasha. That wee one will be in your arms very soon xxx

Keep the chin up Shasha. That wee one will be in your arms very soon xxx

Cramps are back and just had what I think is my bloody show! Heaven bless the gym ball!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Nothing like a good cackle Woolly!

Great news on the show Shasha, thats great progress!

My beloved Mr.Merkin coming in shortly, can't wait to see him! :)

No change here really, the odd twinge etc but won't know about softening or dilation until pessary is removed this evening. Then they may do nothing overnight and insert another in morning. Am reading lots, chatting to lots of friends and family and glad that I'm here, nice to feel the process is underway albeit gently and slowly xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Shasha that's brilliant on the show won't be long now I would say x

Merkin hopefully the 1st will have done enough are yo. Still getting slight contractions x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Baby girl! 6lbs 9 ounces absolutely chuffed!

God things progressed quick for ye didn't they hope mam and baby are ok, have ye a name for her yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Congrats helimachoptor! Can't believe they sent ye home, must've been a short visit back :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Wife just had our 3rd child today, little boy. Both Mammy and baba doing great! Couldn't be prouder!

• Advertisement

God loads of babies today congratulations to ye all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Literally home for about 2 hours, I did try to get some sleep but due to the shouting it didn't happen, wife was in a fair bit of pain but once things started moving the went pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Wow, congratulations to all who have had babies today. Hopefully little bear is following shortly, sounded like an excellent sign, ShaSha, and baby Merkin!

Starting to feel more hopeful that mine will decide to come out soon one of these days with this news! Although it just seems unbelievable how life will be changing for me in the space of a day.....hopefully no longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Hi all, both myself and my GF have posted in here sporadically....baby was born on Sunday evening after her waters broke a week early. She needed an epidural but everything went pretty smoothly thank god. We had an issue with a single umbilical artery diagnosed at twenty weeks so were both concerned but we are now the proud parents of a healthy baby boy!

Waters broke on Saturday and the real contractions then started Sunday morning,they kept her in Saturday night.

He's a great little guy and we are both over the moon, this thread has been a constant point of referral for me and GF even though we don't post much. Always interesting to compare each stage we were going through to you ladies!

Best of luck to those still waiting to pop, you will soon be the happiest people in Ireland!

Yes, still getting little contractions. They will remove the pessary at 10pm and because it still releases prostaglandin for 48 hours, they will then probably leave me overnight, assess cervix in morning and then insert another one or if much riper consider a gel dependent on scoring. They are happy with progress as am I, it's definitely a slowly slowly approach but I'm hoping it's a bit kinder to my body. Am pretty chilled, went for a long walk and a cup of coffee with hubster and we're having a laugh so all good :) I'd say it will be a couple of days before Baby Merkin is here but every moment is a moment closer. Congrats to everyone on their little bundles arriving today, lovely to see!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Congratulations to all of ye with your beautiful babies.

Nearly there for those of ye still waiting. It won't be long now and the frustration and discomfort of waiting will be all but a distant memory once the precious bundles arrive. Thinking of ye.

My little bear had a weigh in this morning. Up to 6lbs 2oz. That's a whole pound in a week. So so chuffed. The 2/2.5hrly feeds, lack of sleep and mood swings are paying off. He even feels sturdier.

God dizzy a whole pound in a week is fantastic well donelittle bear xx

Morning ladies! Hope you are all well this morning? Have had a hairy night! Just before pessary came out baby Merkin and I were put on the standard trace (they do it about four times a day for 45 mins to look at fetal heart rate, movement and uterine activity) and during the trace his BPM went from a busy 150 and dropped for a few minutes down to 60. Pessary removed immediately, did internal, NO difference to my stubborn cervix and staff a little concerned about drop. Monitored for subsequent hour and was fine. Had another trace during night for an hour @ 3am, all going well and then another drop to 80 BPM coinciding with lots of movement. On trace again now. Sandra and Co were so reassuring, they said that Baby Merkin has shown to be 'textbook' in activity and heartrate and they suspect he is leaning on and tugging heavily on the cord. I know at a couple of scans he did this a lot and was tugging it and pinching it etc so am hoping it's that. I nearly lost my life as it was such a shock but they're keeping an extra close eye on us. Consultant around this morning and will decide on next course of action, I'm presuming another pessary! Will keep you posted. Good luck today Woolly. Hope things are moving along Shasha , and best of luck to all the other Mummys xx

Oh merkin id say that gave you some fright but I suppose you are being looked after by the best so youll know if its anything to worry about and are in good hands.
    Had another awful night of cramps and prickly stabbing pains in my bump and I feel quite bruised and battered down there. Still no baby though. Admitting for induction at 9pm tomorrow!

It was a hairy evening alright Shasha, all looked great this morning though so trying to keep cool!

What induction method are they going to use on you?

• Advertisement

Oh merkin it's scary when the baby's heartbeat starts to drop once it doesn't stay down though don't worry about it as you said baby is probably tugging at the chord or lying on it xx hope things start moving for you soon xx

Shasha you poor thing I feel so sorry for you out of all of us I thought you would of been one of the 1st to have these baby x at least you know it will be here this week xx

Merkin try not to worry. Had baby heart rate drops with both my labours and like already said you're in the right place. They were seriously on the ball with both of mine. You'll probably have your babe this time tomorrow :) So so exciting x

Three pessaries to try and get at waters and then the drip if it fails. Although at my last sweep on Sunday the midwife was able to prod the waters and head, so she was convinced I wouldn't need an induction.
    My mother is still adamant I "have time" but I just can't see anything happening before tomorrow evening :(

Shasha try not to worry about the induction. And your mother is right there is still plenty of time you never know what. Can happen xx

I'm hoping something is happening for ye ladies ye are all so quite today x

Your mother is dead right shasha. Anything could happen, especially when midwife can palpate waters. Doesn't that mean the cervix is favourable. Get walking, cleaning, hoovering, down and dirty with hubbie :D Hope it will come naturally for you but try not to worry about induction. Even if it doesn't happen, you may only need a little kick start to get going x

Lol I know, literally nothing to report! Although recent traces were very good so hoping Baby Merkin got bored of his toy! Had second propess put in @ 10am this morning and nothing has happened, so again will be reviewed in morning! His little drops in BPM scared the bejesus out of us but my consultant is so lovely, she even gave me a kiss earlier and said to us that if she was worried she'd be acting on it ASAP! So feeling more reassured now (albeit impatient) and will see what tomorrow brings! Will be 40wks on Thursday so am hoping he will be here by due date!! Hope everyone else is well and happy, we need some new little additions to the July massive! :)

Aww Merkin, she sounds like the wonderful doc I had when having my little girl. Told me she is the only one in the room that should ever be worried and if she was she'd be acting asap. So reassuring knowing you have such a good consultant. Hopefully something will happen soon. Things can change so quickly. Thinking if ye x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Merkin wrote: »
    Lol I know, literally nothing to report! Although recent traces were very good so hoping Baby Merkin got bored of his toy! Had second propess put in @ 10am this morning and nothing has happened, so again will be reviewed in morning! His little drops in BPM scared the bejesus out of us but my consultant is so lovely, she even gave me a kiss earlier and said to us that if she was worried she'd be acting on it ASAP! So feeling more reassured now (albeit impatient) and will see what tomorrow brings! Will be 40wks on Thursday so am hoping he will be here by due date!! Hope everyone else is well and happy, we need some new little additions to the July massive! :)

Was wondering how you Merkin...glad you and baby are doing well even if progress is slow!

• Advertisement

Still nothing to report. More show this morning only there was fresh blood instead of old blood. Really wish it gave me an idea of what to expect!

Advertisement