Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Thinking of ye girls xx hope ye get some rest tonight xx

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Good morning to ye all. Sitting here with my wee boy who was born just after half 9 last night weighing in at 8lbs 6ozs.
    I wasn't favourable to go ahead with breaking my waters this morning so they inserted the gel to ripen the cervix a little more, leaving me 6 hours to work its magic (turned into 7) before being assessed again. Meantime crampy period pains developed and the bump was going as hard as a rock. Had tea and toast which I couldn't keep down...ended up vomiting around 10 times today, the midwife said this would help with getting stonger contractions.
    I was assessed at 4.30 and my waters were broken then. The contractions came quick and fast so I got into my nightie and adopted a sideways position on the ground with my gym ball. When the staff changed round 6 or so they pulled out a mat from behind the door and I went on all 4s swaying with each contraction. Felt a bit nervous at this stage that I wouldn't be able to cope with the pain but when they assessed me at 7 they said I was 5cm dilated and I felt happy to continue without relief. The widwifes put the bed up to the max height and I was leaning against the side, I rocked forward and back during the contactions, breathing in through my nose and out my mouth (through a straw shape). I kept getting a downward pull and I would squat down and straight back up, rocking forward and backward until it subsided.
    So at 8 they assessed me again and low and behold I was 9.5cm dilated. They were meant to check me at 9 but with the heavy push grunts I was making they did it an hour earlier just before another staff change. I knew I was being checked at 9 so I decided to really work for that .5cm. They checked me at nine and I was dilated the 10cms. The two midwives supporting me were amazing...they let me get on all 4s on the bed and just said do what feels natural. At 20 past 9 one of the girls winked at me and said your baby will be here at half passed...she wasn't far off :-)
    The baby was slide up the bed between my legs and they helped me onto my back for skin to skin contact. I was overwhelmed with happiness and my hubby was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. They let me deliver the placenta naturally...which I was told earlier in the day they would need to give an injection to deliver it as I was being induced. But because I wasn't numb and baby was straight away feeding. I just gave a few pushes with a dull contraction and out it popped. They gave me a good look at it and offered us to take it home...we didn't though. Happy enough with the baby!! Also they allowed delayed cutting of the cord which has lots of benefits to the baby...not always allowed with induced labours.

So there you go...the essay for the day! Such a surreal experience. Haven't slept a wink all night and changed 3 nappies already :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Oh Woolly my dear! What a lovely uplifting post, warmest congratulations to you and Mr.Woolly on the birth of Baby Woolly!!!! :) Is he just gorgeous? Sounds like you had an amazing labour and did a sterling job, great to have that amount of mobility and to find yourself in those comfortable birthing positions! I'm delighted it happened relatively quickly for you too! Will you be able to catch a little snooze do you think? I'm so happy for you!!

I'm good. Baby Merkin remains happy out in there! Second propess will be removed at 10am, they will then give me a rest (I don't need one !) and then look at giving a gel either tonight or tomorrow if that helps things along. I'm still only 39+6, my BP is good, so I think they're content to coax me along slowly, my midwife said worst case it could be Saturday or Sunday! I need to be 3cm dilated for an ARM so depends if gel does its thing. It is frustrating but there's no point in getting upset either, just a case of getting on it and daydreaming about cuddling my gorgeous bubs in a few short days time! I also now know for definite that he'll be a little Leo as opposed to being on the cusp of Cancer/Leo (I like star signs!)

I hope you're ok Shasha and I hope all the other July Mummies are too. Anyone else scheduled in for an induction soon or any updates?

Once again, congrats Woolly, am thrilled everything went so well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Huge congratulations and welcome baby wholly. Fantastic birth story x

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Huge congratulations and welcome baby wholly. Fantastic birth story x

• Advertisement

Ah woolly. Massive congratulations to ye x sound like ye had a wonderful experience xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

congrats Woolly, your little boy isn't that little - over 8lbs! I wish you quick and fast recovery and loads of milk for your little one! and thanks for wonderful story!

this is the way I imagine the childbirth, and wish something like that to myself. today is my EDD, and not a sign of anything happening, of course. It's gonna be an August baby, that's for sure :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Congratulations Woolly. Its such a lovely news story to get this morning. A lovely sized baby too! Enjoy your little one now that you've finally gotten to meet them.

Aww girls, I'm just blessed with the maternity team here. Sandra, my favourite midwife, popped in to see me today on her day off! :) They all genuinely really care, can't praise them enough!

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments and being my secret support group through out this scary and special journey. As someone who has suffered from chronic fatigue for most of their life I am so proud of my performance yesterday even though I will definately pay for it over the next month!

Merkin your positivity is wonderful. Keep it going. Hopefully the gel will trigger some activity. Did you get it today or will they wait till tomorrow? You must be baked in the hospital? Have they air conditioning on in your room??
    My wee woolly family is looking pretty cosy right now. Had a couple of hours sleep earlier. Readying myself for a gaggle of visitors in an hour.
    I wonder how ShaSha is getting on?

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments and being my secret support group through out this scary and special journey. As someone who has suffered from chronic fatigue for most of their life I am so proud of my performance yesterday even though I will definately pay for it over the next month!

Merkin your positivity is wonderful. Keep it going. Hopefully the gel will trigger some activity. Did you get it today or will they wait till tomorrow? You must be baked in the hospital? Have they air conditioning on in your room??
    My wee woolly family is looking pretty cosy right now. Had a couple of hours sleep earlier. Readying myself for a gaggle of visitors in an hour.
    I wonder how ShaSha is getting on?

Tbh I think you played an absolute blinder Woolly and for someone to suffer from such a debilitating condition you really deserved such a lovely birth! Love the sound of your 'wee woolly family' :) Are you totally smitten?

I'm being given the gel again tomorrow so we will see how that goes! Tomorrow is a big day as it is Baby Merkin's actual due date so a much longed for milestone even if he is a few days late! I'm very comfy here, in a big room with three other girls and we each have our own fan thank goodness! Have had quite a nice day, Mr. Merkin came and we had a lovely little picnic out in the sun on the grounds, nice to do 'normal' when staying in a hospital!

Yes, wondered about Shasha as well. And everyone else! Am hoping everyone is well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Congratulations Woolly on the safe arrival of your baby! Wonderful news.

Sounds like you are being very well looked after there, Merkin, although you seem an incredibly nice lady, even though I've never met you :)

Was wondering about Shasha myself today too. Had a sweep today.
    Can't say I enjoyed it, but it needs to be done, felt really weird at times.
    Apparently my cervix has shortened a good bit, but baby still a bit high. Am to go back on tuesday at 8am if nothing for induction, but she thinks I'll go in the meantime. I really hope so, another weekend with no action will drive me demented. 41 weeks tomorrow

Awww Rua likewise, thank you!

Did the sweep hurt? If you were favourable for one at all that's a good sign so it would be great now if it serves Baby Rua his eviction notice! :) I think they just get very comfy in there! How are you finding the heat? Thank goodness we're all nearly there. It's supposed to get even hotter, it would be very hard being due in early Sept for example, those last few weeks are hard enough without existing in a pool of sweat for a month or so!

Fingers crossed the sweep gets things going for you xx

Merkin sounds like your being very well looked after in there x what hospital are you in?

Rua it's good that your cervix has shortened fingers crossed somethjmp happens soon for you x

Woolley glad you managed some sleep wish I could sleep even an hour would be fantastic at this stage x

Shasha thinking of you hope your doing ok x

Thanks very much! Hope he gets a good move on, preferably by this weekend. Booked in for tuesday, but they did mention that there is the chance I'd get sent home if there were no beds on the labour ward.

Heat is OK, we get a good breeze through the house, so that certainly helps. Think it's still above 25 degrees here in Wicklow.

Hope ye all ye lovely ladies had a good night's sleep x

Good morning ladies! Well it is Baby Merkin's official due due date and guess what?! He's coming today! I'm having a section this afternoon! I had internal this morning (to assess suitability for gel) and his head has gone right back up into my pelvis and my cervix has no response whatsoever to the double dose of propess. Consultant said it would be dangerous to use any kind of induction when my Bishop Score is basically zero! So we finally get to meet our much loved and very wanted little man later today and we are both ecstatic! Say a little prayer for us girls and will update you when up and about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Ooooooh so exciting! Best of luck Merkin! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Good luck Hun! I knew he was coming today!! ;) xxxxxxx lots of love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Awesome news Merkin, best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Ah merkin so excited x best of luck with tho section will be thinking of you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Good luck Merkin! Sounds like you are in very good hands.

all the very best, merkin! hoping our babies have the same birthday! I sprung a leak this morning and have been admitted. My god I am bored......

Rua that's great news hope your not waiting too long xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

You'll do great Merkin, very excited for you and Mr. Merkin!

Thanks do much girls! Am nervous but keeping my eyes on the prize!

Rua, I hope all goes well for you today xx

Your bound to be nervous merkin but just think in a few hours you will have baby merkin in your arms and that is indeed the best prize ever xx

Best of luck Merkin :-) Lots of good wishes and prayers coming your way xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Good Luck and tons of it Merkin!! This time tomorrow you'll have your gorgeous little boy!!
    Only a teeny bit jealous;).

All the best for your section and delivery, focus on the fabulous prize you'll have at the end of it. I can't wait to see pictures of the fabulous little boy!

• Advertisement

Oh girls, I'm just so in love with our baby and more in love with Mr.Merkin than ever before. Baby Isaac Samuel joined the world @ 3.20pm this afternoon and weighed 8lb4oz and I think is the most gorgeous little thing I've ever clapped eyes on. Smitten and so happy xx :):):)

Advertisement