Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Oh I'm delighted for you, and such beautiful names! :) Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Huge congratulations Merkin. Enjoy every moment with him. Hope you're getting good rest after your long day. Our July baby club is building :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Congratulations merkin hope you are recovering well x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thanks so much guys.Snoozed for about twenty mins and thats it because I can't stop cuddling him on my chest, he's just incredible, can't believe we made him from scratch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Huge congratulations Merkin, you've done an amazing job, enjoy every new second of your little man :) x

• Advertisement

Thanks so much J, he's just a dote. How are you feeling?

Do you spend ages staring at him? I have an image in my head that I'm going to spend hours just gawking in wonder at our little lady when she arrives :D Has your lovely very midwife Sandra met Merkin Jnr yet?

I'm ok, 40+5 today, physically were both in tip top shape, I'm starting to really find it hard mentally though. Plenty of bloody show after a VE the other day, cervix is soft but not dilated and lots of cramping but mostly confined to bump and not around the back. Aaaaany day now :pac:

Yes! He's a little time stealer and I've been staring at him since he arrived, doubly adorable when he's in hubby's arms, it's just melty :) I can't stop stroking him either, his skin and hair is softer than anything I've touched. I was kept in recovery for quite a while as I had a little bleed so missed Sandra yesterday but think she will be on today, can't wait to show him off!! :)

All those things you are experiencing are good Jerrica. Having now spent a while on a maternity ward I can categorically tell you all that things can change in the blink of an eye. Seriously. I know that we're encouraged to look out for plugs and shows etc but equally you can display very few pre labour symptoms and within hours have a baby in your arms!

Just around the corner now, it is the most amazing thing in the whole wide world xx

I needed to hear that, thank you :)

I'm so so delighted for you, you have handled this pregnancy like an absolute pro and you've always taken the time to ask everyone how they're doing, you deserve every second of happiness right now.

Now, the most important question of all: do NHS hospitals do tea and toast and if so, how delicious is it!??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Massive congratulations merkin! I'm so happy for ye. Hoping your recovery goes well and swift and ur home with your little Isaac soon. Isaac Samuel, what a beautiful name. I bet he is just gorgeous xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh merkin I'm so so happy for you x it's just the best feelinp in the world isn't it xx hope your feeling ok today ann not in too much discomfort x ask for pain relief if you need it x

J won't be long now and you will have your little bundle in your arms xx

Shasha is gone very quite hope she is ok xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Huge congrats Merkin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yeay!!! Delighted for you...totally agree the love you feel for your baby and other half is amazing and overwhelming:-)

How did you find the c section and are you ok after bleed? Enjoy every second of joy!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Massive congrats to you Merkin! Am delighted by the safe arrival and your discription of gazing at him brings back lovely lovely memories for me.

Pro tip: Maternity pad over your scar sticky side out inside your undies helps soften the blow when you accidentaly brush off your scar. ;)

I lost my plug this morning and I'm having irregular period like cramps since last night, not too bad but strong enough that i think I'll lash on the tens machine this evening. Trying very hard not to get too excited in case it's another false start... :o:)

Def stick on the tens machine for a while might do you some good xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I don't usually read the due date threads except when they are my own... But I've kinda been following this months and I'm so excited for ye all... It makes me want another one!! (But id want him/her due now and not another 9 months of pregnancy! Lol). Goodluck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Oh Jerrica thinking of you!

I'm guessing Shasha's li'l bear is here by now, or did I miss that bit of news?

Aw thank sligo xx

No news from shasha the last few days xx

Hope alls well with Shasha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Everything is heavenly ladies. Cavan is a reception dead zone! My waters were broken at 8.05 on Thursday morning and at 1.45 Abigail FLEW out of me! No epi or pethidine, just gas and air and I gave it up for the last hour of pushing. Hilariously lost total control of my bowels straight after waters went and spent the first hour of my labour on a commode in the shower while mister bear roared and laughed and cleaned me up.
    This being a mammy craic is pure class!

Yay for Baby Bear! I'm so delighted that after being so overdue she was a good bear and came out without too much difficulty! Congratulations! Isn't It just the most indescribably awesome feeling in the whole wide world? My little Isaac is beside me asleep in the cot right now and the love I have for him is indescribable! :)

Yesterday was tough on the recovery side of things. Disappointingly my pain wasn't managed that well so had a very very tough few hours in extreme discomfort. Had a bit of a meltdown with one of the midwives due to not having slept since Tuesday, I suppose the overwheing emotion of it all and going up the walls with post op pain and she was great.

Am tempted to wake him up for cuddles but will wait for him to wake up naturally, dying to get my hands on him!!!!!!

So happy for you Shasha and I hope all you other ladies are well and happy. If any of you end up getting a section, please be vocal about your need for pain relief as opposed to letting it take control like I did yesterday!!! xx

Its incredible Merkin and congrats on your wee angel, I can tell you are just as smitten as I am! Midwife gave me a telling off last night for feeding Abi extra times just so I could watch her doze off in my arms :P

Ah shasha delighted for you glad you had an easy enough labour xx

Merkin hope your pain is being managed now xx did you manage any sleep last night xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Congratulations ladies, ye are at the beginning of an amazing journey. Enjoy every minute!

Congratulations ladies enjoy every second it's a feeling like no other!
    Some tips I wish I had of known post labour!
    Don't do too much to soon, I was out shopping the day after I came home from hospital the exhaustion doesn't hit straight away!
    Witch hazel on a sanitary towel in the freezer for 5 mins is brilliant relief for a sore Mary :P
    Fill a sports bottle with water and a few drops of tea tree oil and spray while having a wee takes away stinging from stitches!
    Take plenty of pain killers! I felt like I got hit by a bus afterwards! I found arnica great too.
    Finally don't listen to anyone who tells you you will spoil the baby by holding them all the time. If you want to snuggle your baby in between feeds all day then do it because they are only tiny got such a short time! Mammy always knows best!
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Congrats to two new moms!
    You did great Shasha. I had a little laugh reading your post. What size is your little bear?

why did you have to be induced Merkin? was your blood pressure going mad again? you probably mentioned it but I missed it, blind bat. Glad you and the baby are doing well.

Jerrica is quiet today, she might have reason for that ;)

Thanks for your tips Sarah. where did you buy that witch hazel stuff, chemists? is it some kind of gel or liquid spray or? I asked my local chemist if she could recommend something for those sensitive areas after the delivery but she just looked at me blank and muttered something like "they give your something in the hospital" :confused:
    I've bought this from iherb.com, reviews are good:
    New_Mama_Bottom_Spray2_LARGE.jpg

j@utis wrote: »
    You did great Shasha. I had a little laugh reading your post. What size is your little bear?

why did you have to be induced Merkin? was your blood pressure going mad again? you probably mentioned it but I missed it, blind bat. Glad you and the baby are doing well.

Jerrica is quiet today, she might have reason for that ;)

Thanks for your tips Sarah. where did you buy that witch hazel stuff, chemists? is it some kind of gel or liquid spray or? I asked my local chemist if she could recommend something for those sensitive areas after the delivery but she just looked at me blank and muttered something like "they give your something in the hospital" :confused:
    I've bought this from iherb.com, reviews are good:
    New_Mama_Bottom_Spray2_LARGE.jpg

Yeah witch hazel they have in the chemist it's like water it's so soothing on tender or bruised areas! And it's really cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    Congratulations ladies enjoy every second it's a feeling like no other!
    Some tips I wish I had of known post labour!
    Don't do too much to soon, I was out shopping the day after I came home from hospital the exhaustion doesn't hit straight away!
    Witch hazel on a sanitary towel in the freezer for 5 mins is brilliant relief for a sore Mary :P
    Fill a sports bottle with water and a few drops of tea tree oil and spray while having a wee takes away stinging from stitches!
    Take plenty of pain killers! I felt like I got hit by a bus afterwards! I found arnica great too.
    Finally don't listen to anyone who tells you you will spoil the baby by holding them all the time. If you want to snuggle your baby in between feeds all day then do it because they are only tiny got such a short time! Mammy always knows best!
    Enjoy

I second all this! Also (and only if like me you didn't know what to really expect as a newbie):

Exhaustion from a busy ward will leave you zonked by the time you get home so you need to give yourself quiet time, sit and lie down whenever you can and get away with being as quiet as possible.

Get a good arse and fanny cushion:D:D My tailbone is still wrecked a month in and my pelvis is stiff so cushions are your new best friend!

Get multivitamins for after birth and try start straight away to build yourself back up, I use pregnacare!

If you're going to breastfeed be warned it may break your heart but do what suits you. The midwives were quite pushy about only breastfeeding but with problems latching on I do a combo of both because it's what works for the little man and also nipple shields are a lifesaver for sore nipples or flat nipples!

Baby blues can make you feel like you're going a bit mad but talking about it with your partner or someone close is a big help and it will pass. I felt very strange on and off for the first couple of weeks and am only starting to feel normal again.

Having a stool softener in the house for when you're home is no bad thing, it won't wreck your stomach but trust me being constipated with stitches is no fun so start yourself on the right track if you can as I'm still very uncomfortable now a month on if I'm constipated!

Also lochia is a pain in the arse and you'll read a very straightforward way it will go in leaflets or books but most likely it'll be all over the shop. I ended up nipping into the emergency room in the Rotunda terrified because it was all over the place and then realised it's actually very, very normal for it to be all a bit mad and activity, poops, stress and breastfeeding will all make it heavier or sometimes for fun it'll just go heavier or back to red for the laugh!

• Advertisement

j@utis wrote: »

She weighed in at 8lb2.5oz (a monster by all accounts!). I can't even deal with the cuddles!

Advertisement