Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Baby Sean arrived yesterday by emergency c section. Was 8lb 6oz. Waters went the morning before and labour progressed well until I had been pushing for 40 mins. Discovered his head hadn't turned, so 2 different consultants tried both vacuum and foreceps. Neither worked, so was sectioned.

Congrats to all other new mummies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awww Rua, well done girl! Congratulations on the arrival of baby Sean! Are you smitten? :) Hope you're doing well after the Section. I found the day after tough but am feeling a lot more human today. How is the little man of the moment? It's just the best thing ever, delighted for you that he's here xx

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Reading this thread has made me so excited. I reluctantly clicked into it as I was part of this thread for the baby I lost last year. But now I am so glad I clicked it, reading how happy and smitten you girls are, and all the lovely names for the new babies! Makes me so excited to meet my baby in September please God!!
    Congratulations Mama, enjoy every minute (cuddle them as much as you want!) :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Ah rua delighted for you xx massive congratulations xx

Isolot bet you can't wait for September now x do you know what your having?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Congrats to all the new July mums!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Haven't gotten notifications for the thread and actually thought all was quiet.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS my lovelies on the arrival of your babes. Isn't it the best feeling ever. So so happy for ye xxx

Quick update on my lil Teddy. He's up to 6.5lbs and getting sturdier by the day. Had our first venture out today and good lord, try to organise two babes is insane. Took nearly 3hrs, no exaggeration :D

It's so hard to get out with 2 dizzy isn't it takes so much planning just to leave the house x worth it though x

It's great your little man is putting on weight he is flying it by the sounds of it

We are going through the 3week growth spurt here she just wants feedjmg all day and night she is very unsettled too x

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Congrats to all the new mummies! I'm just popping in from the Sept thread to see what is ahead of me. The love and the excitement is just overflowing in here :) It is wonderful to read your happy posts. Ye are all so honest about the whole process as well, it is taking some of the fear out of it for me, thanks ladies.

Well done on all your births and all the best for your new lives with your gorgeous cuddly munchkins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Our little lady arrived out to meet us shortly before 9pm yesterday evening, there are no words to describe how happy we are! It was a tough enough labour tbh, and we ended up having quite a few interventions as bubs had decided to present as OP at the last minute and we didn't discover this until well into the whole process. As a result contractions were long and very rough, and the delivery was not a very gentle affair :D But she's here, and she's amazing and we've had almost unbroken skin to skin since and she's latching to the boob like a pro :D Deleriously happy!!!

YAY! Delighted for you Jerrica, no words can describe it can they? I also spent hours skin to skin immediately after and it's probably the most moving memory of my life so far, nothing quite compares to cuddling up with your brand new, softly sweet, beautiful little baby :) Enjoy every blissful moment, our little July babies are doing great!

• Advertisement

Ah j that's brilliant next x delighted for you xx

My little lady is 3weeks old today and I'm laying in bed with her fast asleep on my chest best feelinp ever don't want to get up xx

Hope ye are all well xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Congratulations jerrica!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Over from the August board, so delighted and thrilled for all of you ladies. It's making me even more excited for next month, if that's possible! Enjoy every minute with your beautiful babies xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I was away for a few days (my last trip on a plane before D Day as am 29+5 now so flying gets less ok from here on) and just back today and OMG such an explosion of activity around these parts!
    Huge congratulations to all of the new Mammies. I'm super happy for you and your lovely new babies. I hope you're all wonderfully well and enjoying your little babies.

Congratulations Jerrica. Sorry you had such a rough time but it's behind you now.

I love letting my little man sleep on my chest. The closeness is so comforting. Best feeling.

Thanks dizzy, the funny thing is, even tough we had a rough old time, I have no negativity towards it at all. We had some to go decisions to make but the hospital staff were so compassionate and explained all our options, and we felt heard when we explained any worries we had. Plus it feels like the little lady and I have had our very first bonding adventure together, and we looked out for eachother, so there's really no ill will at all, it's awesome :)

She's a champion little feeder, no problem finding the boob at all, but we had a night of cluster feeding and it's pretty demanding. I haven't slept longer than two hours since Thursday so that's obviously getting to me too. We'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Hi Ladies, everytime I go to post something here I have to put the phone down as our little kitten is feeding like a trooper!
    Huge congratulations ShaSha, Rua and Jerrica :-) Delighted you all have your little bundles in your arms. I hope your bodies are recovering well.
    Got home on Friday and my boobs were like bags of stones they were that hard. My milk had come in. Spent the day between the shower and the couch massaging them to soften them up. The wee man was throwing a bit of 'curdled' milk back which was worrying at first but the midwife said to make sure and wind him before feeds as well as after. He's been pretty good since. We had our heel prick test yesterday. The lady we saw was also a lactation consultant and she got me to feed him while she performed the test. She showed me the 'rugby ball' hold and made sure he was latching on right (which he hadn't been 100% as I was a bit sore at the tip of my nipples). We heard lots of babies screaming down the hall so we were prepared to him to do the same but he didn't pass any remarks! She said that this was because breastfeeding has calming properties. A friend told me to put two pairs of socks on him before the test as that helps soften the area...a good tip I think too. He was measured too and he is back up at his birth weight already :-) The constant feeding is paying off!! Plus his umbilical cord came off during the exam...a busy day all in all :-)

Have a great day ladies xxx

Has the rugby hold made a big difference woolly? I think I need to get a lc to see my hold, my nipples are really quite sore and I know it's latch related. The little lady seems to open wide when she feels or smells the nipples, but she clamps down into a narrow latch immediately after and that's causing the discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Yes definitely. It has given the 'worn' areas of the nipple a chance to recover as he's latched from a different angle. She said to make sure to massage the breast gently and express a wee bit of milk before baby latches on, rolling the nipple with your finger and thumb so it's erect for easier insertion. She said it shouldn't hurt and if it does then baby isn't on properly. Stick your wee finger in the corner of baby's mouth, right in between the gums and pull them off and try again. My wee man has some strength in his jaw and I have to use a lot of force to get my finger in there. And one more thing, when you're finished feeding express a few drops of milk and rub it round the nipple and areola...my nipples were very tender yesterday and over night they're nearly back to normal.

All great tips Woolly :) I've been unlatching her and relatching her just as you've described but she's pretty strong as well!! At the moment I'm only really comfortable using the cross hold, I definitely need to expand my repertoire :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Jerrica wrote: »
    All great tips Woolly :) I've been unlatching her and relatching her just as you've described but she's pretty strong as well!! At the moment I'm only really comfortable using the cross hold, I definitely need to expand my repertoire :)

Also girls the lansinoh nipple cream is great and you dont need to wash it off before feeds!

Hope everyone is keeping well x

I'm sick myself the last few days have a throat and sinus infection just feel so ****y :-( kids are doing great though thank god xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Congrats to both Rua1 and Jerrica! as I understood you both went through hell but the final result was well worth it.

I had a false alarm yesterday. Last Saturday I noticed my panties getting wet, just a little not too much, panty liner is enough to keep it in. I told about it to the midwife yesterday (had a scheduled visit) and she sent me to the Holles st straight away in case it was my waters leaking :eek: I was examined in the hospital and the doctor decided that it wasn't amniotic fluid, just a normal discharge and I was let go home (yeay!). I was terrified they'd keep me in with no signs of labor which would mean only one thing - Induction - my biggest fear.
    I'm still hoping my labor will start naturally and can give a natural unmedicated birth but I'm 41wks tomorrow and I see that chance slowly slipping away... :( I'm back to holles st on Saturday for another check up and decision what to do next...

It's quiet in here... all new moms must be busy with their little ones. I feel I'm the last one here still with the bump...

I'm here, just so tired it's hard to find words that make enough sense to post :p Am delirious with exhaustion but also deliriously happy. Milk came in today and the little lady is on hour three of a celebration cluster feed!!!

I hope things get moving for you soon j@utis, I know these last few days can be rough going.

I'm here! Having such a lovely time. Our little bubs is just the most sweet natured, gorgeous little fellow. He loves being tickled and kissed and rubbed and is so relaxed and placid. We're also mightily relieved how much of a little foodie he us given that feeding can be such an ordeal for bubs with his condition. He's on his little playmat with Daddy at the moment jiggling his little legs to sounds of the Amazon. :) Midwife visited today and did heel prick test and also weighed him and was delighted to see he has lost a mere 1.6% of body weight so they feel he is thriving. I'm so proud of him and so in love with hubster for being such an amazing Dad too!

Hope all the other Mummies, babies and other Mummies to be are well and happy xx

J@utis you may be the last but we are still here for you x

I'm still feeling miserable :-( but yet I'm lying here at 5am with my little girl and I jus. Couldn't be happier xx

On a side note what I wouldn't give for 8hrs sleep though just one night xx

Hope you're feeling better today Betsie. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Hopefully something will start mooching for you in the next day or two J@utis.

My lil man is doing great. Weight is steadily going on tg. He's a great feeder, so much so he's looking for it nearly every two hours, which is exhausting but at least the weight is coming on. Trying to push it as close as possible to the three hours as we can so he's getting sufficient rest in between. He's asleep on my chest now. His favourite spot.

Weirdly, I have one leaky boob. I'm not breastfeeding and I'd have thought my milk would have dried up weeks ago but anytime I feed him, my left boob leaks.

God that's great that he is putting on weight dizzy as long as he is feeding you don't mind how often x a break would be nice at times but worth it x it's only for a short time

I'm feeling a bit better looking forward to having a good rest when hubby is home at the weekend we are planning to go to Fota island with the girls at the weekend too hopefully wilt stay fine. X

My boobs are the same dizzy still leaking I stopped bf 2weeks ago my supply is gone but still leaking

Baby Merkin is a week old today and it's just great having him as the new, fully paid up member of the Merkin family, he's just perfect :)

• Advertisement

God that was a quick week merkin x bet it feels like he was alway around doesn't it x

Advertisement