Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely livid

Options
  • 30-10-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I have just spent 45 minutes on the line to eircom. I had tried four different contact numbers and had so much difficulty.

I moved into a new house on fri. rang eircom yesterday to set up broadband but apparently the previous tenant did not pay his eircom bill and they keep telling me the line is disconnected even though there has been a dial tone all weekend.

I agreed to pay €40 pm for broadband only package.

So I had to send in a copy of the lease and I was told that a name change will take a fw hours but is in action and I will recieve a modem i next day delivery and the first month free broadband.

I rang this morning and Customer care told me there was no such change on the system. I waited until I got to the dept I needed and they said that not all depts would be able to view such changes. Fair enough.. but modem on the way.

However; coincidentally the previous tenant called Eircom this morning to move over his account to his new address so I'm on the long finger. Cant even move to vodafone because Eircom say I will have no service until Friday.

Prioritising people that don't pay over new customers is a disgrace... I know my name change was never in action - the coincidence is a cover up. I'm livid and now a modem is being delivered to me today that I have no use for.

Explain it Eircom it's a disaster - not my fault he didn't pay but I am being penalised for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sadderday wrote: »
    I have just spent 45 minutes on the line to eircom. I had tried four different contact numbers and had so much difficulty.

I moved into a new house on fri. rang eircom yesterday to set up broadband but apparently the previous tenant did not pay his eircom bill and they keep telling me the line is disconnected even though there has been a dial tone all weekend.

I agreed to pay €40 pm for broadband only package.

So I had to send in a copy of the lease and I was told that a name change will take a fw hours but is in action and I will recieve a modem i next day delivery and the first month free broadband.

I rang this morning and Customer care told me there was no such change on the system. I waited until I got to the dept I needed and they said that not all depts would be able to view such changes. Fair enough.. but modem on the way.

However; coincidentally the previous tenant called Eircom this morning to move over his account to his new address so I'm on the long finger. Cant even move to vodafone because Eircom say I will have no service until Friday.

Prioritising people that don't pay over new customers is a disgrace... I know my name change was never in action - the coincidence is a cover up. I'm livid and now a modem is being delivered to me today that I have no use for.

Explain it Eircom it's a disaster - not my fault he didn't pay but I am being penalised for it.

Hi Sadderd

Actions on an account can only be placed by an account holder. If the current owner of this account requests a move of service then this is their decision and appropriate procedures must be followed.

This would mean that you will not have service until the current owner of the account has moved or ceased their service.

If you require further clarification please PM me the landline number of the account in question.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Alan,

is this the case when my request is in mid action and a name transfer is taking place?

I was told I could override the actions of the account holder if I had a lease agreement faxed over.

I wasn't interested in taking over anyone's account intially I wanted to set up my own account but apparently I couldnt do so because he owed money.

Eircom told me that his account had been disconnected ? So this should have allowed me to go ahead with opening a account but apparently it had been reconnected yesterday to facilitate my request and he happened to call during this period and got his request to move in motion - leaving me with no access to broadband from any provider until at least friday. A modem is due out by courier today that is no use to us.

I dont understand why a previous tenants account has anything to do with me setting up my own or why it would delay me getting service in my property (after I've been told I should have access to broadband at 9am today). It isn't my problem and I shouldn't be penalised for the previous tenant's debt.

If the appropriate procedure is to prolong my set up while its in motion rather than prolong his service it is wrong to do so.

I will PM you the landline number of the account. Once again, there had been a dial tone all weekend - so I doubt that this was disconnected. There is major confusion somewhere along the line. I sent a note of thanks to a staff member yesterday via boards.ie but it seems like I'm getting the run around now.

Alan,

is this the case when my request is in mid action and a name transfer is taking place?

I was told I could override the actions of the account holder if I had a lease agreement faxed over.

I wasn't interested in taking over anyone's account intially I wanted to set up my own account but apparently I couldnt do so because he owed money.

Eircom told me that his account had been disconnected ? So this should have allowed me to go ahead with opening a account but apparently it had been reconnected yesterday to facilitate my request and he happened to call during this period and got his request to move in motion - leaving me with no access to broadband from any provider until at least friday. A modem is due out by courier today that is no use to us.

I dont understand why a previous tenants account has anything to do with me setting up my own or why it would delay me getting service in my property (after I've been told I should have access to broadband at 9am today). It isn't my problem and I shouldn't be penalised for the previous tenant's debt.

If the appropriate procedure is to prolong my set up while its in motion rather than prolong his service it is wrong to do so.

I will PM you the landline number of the account. Once again, there had been a dial tone all weekend - so I doubt that this was disconnected. There is major confusion somewhere along the line. I sent a note of thanks to a staff member yesterday via boards.ie but it seems like I'm getting the run around now.
    Hi Sadderday

Thank you for your PM.

I can see the previus tennant requested the move of services to a new address and in doing so had cancelled the transfer order before it had completed. This instruction had to be followed as he is the owner of this account.

As it stands you will need to wait until the account is fully closed before you can request the reactivation of this line and reactivation of broadband.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Thanks

Al

With respect Alan... and thank you for the clarification...

I should have been notified of this because it is a major inconvenience- Nobody told me that this interruption to my set up was possible.

When can I expect this to be complete? how do I reactivate a phoneline without availing of any services from eircom? (i am going with vodafone) when should I begin to set up with vodafone? and can you cancel the delivery of the modem please that is meant to be delivered today?

I should have been notified of this because it is a major inconvenience- Nobody told me that this interruption to my set up was possible.

When can I expect this to be complete? how do I reactivate a phoneline without availing of any services from eircom? (i am going with vodafone) when should I begin to set up with vodafone? and can you cancel the delivery of the modem please that is meant to be delivered today?

Hi Sadderday

Nobody informed you because at the time you had called in the account holder had not made alternative arrangements.

The line should be cancelled within the next 48 hours. To arrange a reactivation without signing up to eircom you will need to contact an alternative provider once the line has been cancelled.

I can also confirm the modem will not be sent out.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

When can I expect this to be complete? how do I reactivate a phoneline without availing of any services from eircom? (i am going with vodafone) when should I begin to set up with vodafone? and can you cancel the delivery of the modem please that is meant to be delivered today?

Hi Sadderday

Nobody informed you because at the time you had called in the account holder had not made alternative arrangements.

The line should be cancelled within the next 48 hours. To arrange a reactivation without signing up to eircom you will need to contact an alternative provider once the line has been cancelled.

Thanks

Al
    Thank you - but I must admit... no-one from eircom seems bothered that they are losing a customer.

Hi Sadderday

Thanks

Al
    Thank you - but I must admit... no-one from eircom seems bothered that they are losing a customer.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Sadderday

I'm very sorry if that impression has been given

If indeed you would like to sign up to eircom please check back with us here tomorrow and we will look into whether the line has been ceased and assist you on reactivating it.

Once the line is ceased we can have the line working within 24 hours and broadband on the line within a further 5 working days.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused here.

Thanks

Al[/font]

Hi Sadderday

Thanks

Al

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Sadderday

If indeed you would like to sign up to eircom please check back with us here tomorrow and we will look into whether the line has been ceased and assist you on reactivating it.

Once the line is ceased we can have the line working within 24 hours and broadband on the line within a further 5 working days.

Thanks

Al[/font]

Hi Sadderday

Thanks

Al

Hi Sadderday

Thanks

Al
    Alan,

I know that you have confirmed in the above post that the modem would not be sent out but it has just been delivered to my home address?

What shall I do with the modem that I received yesterday that I wasn't meant to recieve?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

What shall I do with the modem that I received yesterday that I wasn't meant to recieve?
    Hi Sadderday

Can you PM us the order number on the box of the modem and we will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

The box as in the packaging? Unfortunately not, the courier asked us to take the modem out and give him the box - he took it with him,

The box as in the packaging? Unfortunately not, the courier asked us to take the modem out and give him the box - he took it with him,
    No problem Sadderday

Can you PM your telephone number or address please.

Mark

Mark,

any update on this? also, can we check if the line has been ceased and all previous tenants details moved to his new address so that I can begin setting up my own account.

Please revert asap - need to get sorted.

Thanks

Mark,

any update on this? also, can we check if the line has been ceased and all previous tenants details moved to his new address so that I can begin setting up my own account.

Thanks
    Hi,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I was following up with a manager in the move team and they advised that as there was a telephone line connected to the new address thy could activate the telephone line from the exchange within 24 hours.

The broadband activation however has to be processed as a new order. That was issued on the 01//11/13 when the account was activated on our systems REF: 5476389CH

Did you bring the modem from the previous address and set it up to see if there is any signal?

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Thanks
    Hi,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I was following up with a manager in the move team and they advised that as there was a telephone line connected to the new address thy could activate the telephone line from the exchange within 24 hours.

The broadband activation however has to be processed as a new order. That was issued on the 01//11/13 when the account was activated on our systems REF: 5476389CH

Did you bring the modem from the previous address and set it up to see if there is any signal?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark, I got a completely different story via your customer service line. They told me nothing can be done until the 15th. we wouldnt be able to get internet from any provider for this property until the 15th.

The only modem I have is the one eircom sent me... which you said was cancelled... it doesnt work. we need broadband as my partner works from home, neither of us have any interest in paying Eircom for their service after all this. We just want a bottom line answer so we can proceed. It cant be right that we are hearing different stories from different employees nor that we are waiting over three weeks without internet even though we have done all that was asked.

Can you get a manager to call me please if I PM my contact number?

Thank you.

Mark,

Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark, I got a completely different story via your customer service line. They told me nothing can be done until the 15th. we wouldnt be able to get internet from any provider for this property until the 15th.

The only modem I have is the one eircom sent me... which you said was cancelled... it doesnt work. we need broadband as my partner works from home, neither of us have any interest in paying Eircom for their service after all this. We just want a bottom line answer so we can proceed. It cant be right that we are hearing different stories from different employees nor that we are waiting over three weeks without internet even though we have done all that was asked.

Can you get a manager to call me please if I PM my contact number?

Thank you.
    Hi Sadderday,

Having looked into this further I can see that the expected activation date of your broadband is actually the 15th as you were advised. I will need to request further information on the reason for this. As soon as I have more information I will be in touch with you right away.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement