Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4 cant hear me repair

• 30-10-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have an iPhone 4 and when I answer the phone I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. They can if its on loudspeaker though. I'm in college and a guy in my course that repairs phones (ive seen him do it at breaks) says he can repair it for 60. Just wondering is this price right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

Try a call with your headphones in and see if both you and the person you phone can hear each other. If that works then it sounds like some water got into the headphone socket. The MUTE function seems to be turned on permanently as a result of some dampness in the phone.

I had the exact same problem last year and searched the internet for a solution. Some posts said people needed a new phone or expensive repairs. That wasn't a route I was going to take though ... there had to be a better answer. Thankfully, someone had found one.

The way they resolved the problem was to take a cotton bud and insert it into the headphone socket to try dry it out a little. After that, they used a hairdryer for a couple of minutes on the socket and that did the trick. I tried that solution and have had no problems with my own iPhone since!

If you are worried about sticking a cotton bud into the socket then just use the hairdryer.

Hopefully that will save you €60!

Best of luck,

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thanks!

If I make a call it works for a bit but then all of a sudden the other person can't hear me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Have you done a hard reset ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Happened to me with my iPhone 4 as well. Happens now with my 5, not really encouraging. It's never near water either, so don't know what could be the problem.

Advertisement