Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for bands similar to High On Fire/drummers similar to Des Kensel

• 30-10-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I've already checked out multiple suggestions from Spotify and other websites but most seem to be sludge and doom metal. Some Neurosis is probably as close as I've come to finding something similar...

The percussion in particular is what draws me to High On Fire so any drummer even close to Des Kensel would be a good place to start if you have any suggestions?

That said, the vocals are important too - a lot of suggestions on websites also throw up bands with black metal and heavy metal style vocals, which isn't for me. Anything along the lines of doom metal vocals or whatever term you'd use to describe Matt Pike's vocals?!

Any suggestions whatsoever welcome, thanks...

Advertisement