Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract issue

Options
  • 30-10-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was made permenent in my current position in Feb 2008.A sister company to the one i am in, opened up, I applied for a job there in 2010 , got it and received a new contract for this position. However after four months, things did not work out for me and so I asked if i could move back to my previous plant but in a new position and was told no problem, and moved the next day.Am in my current position over 3 years.

When i moved back to the old plant, i did not receive a new contract for this.The most recent one I have is the one from when I moved initially.

My question is where do i stand now with regards my position at the moment, what could be the possible consequences if I highlight the issue now to my HR department, could i be moved out of my department and into another position forcibly as i have no contract?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

This sounds to me like a simple HR oversight.

Or they believed that the old contract still applies.

If you are concerned then I would approach it as such.

After three years in the job I would not be overly worried.

Advertisement