Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend sun holiday with a nearly 2yr old

Options
  • 30-10-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

We're thinking of going on a sun holiday late spring, early summer with the wee fella. He'll be two next August.

We, as a couple, have never been on a sun holiday together, even after 12 years together. Somehow always ended up staycationing or going to cold places for city breaks, going and visiting friends in other countries and/or just not taking holidays at all.

Just want to see if anyone can recommend a resort in a sunny place that was good for bringing someone that small. Spain, Portugal, Greece etc. Cheap & cheerful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

We went to Majorca for our first family holiday - flight is only 2.5 hrs long. We stayed in an area called Peurto Pollensa, it was fab - no night clubs just beach and restaurants. They really catered for kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Don't suppose you remember the name of the place you stayed in there?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lanzarote and Menorca are both great for the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mink, we went to this resort in majorca when the baby was 8 months old.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g580284-d272766-Reviews-Viva_Can_Picafort-Ca_n_Picafort_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

It's one of those big family resorts. Lots of pools etc. It was very reasonable and clean. It was completely not the normal holiday for us, but there was sunshine and swimming. I've been to this place as well, pre-baby, but with friends with children. Lovely spot for kids too, but you pretty much have to go all-inclusive I realised after a few days. The self-catering facilities are minimal. http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g580284-d577751-Reviews-Iberostar_Vell_Mari-Ca_n_Picafort_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html#REVIEWS

I prefer smaller places in general, but they can be harder to book. I've been to portugal to visit family with her too, and it was great. The Portuguese are very child friendly in restaurants, and the beaches are gorgeous, but we stayed with them so can't recommend a resort. It was the amancil area though.

France is very easy with children too. My parents brought us to campsites in france as kids. We loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Hotel deloix aqua
    Benidorm
    Nicest hotel you will get in any part of Spain, one mile from the busy town, theme parks, water parks all nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We went to Bella Italia in Lake Garda. It's the perfect place for parents of small children and the children themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

The Canaries can be a long flight for a toddler. Normally only 4-5 hours, but if the wind is against you, it *can be* up to 6+ from time to time. Either way it's a big ask for a LO.

The Algarve is lovely and very kids friendly, with plenty to do for the whole family. we were supposed to go there last month, but had to cancel at the last minute unfortunately. We will be rescheduling for next year though. We got married there in 2010 and have been several times before and loved it every time.

I can highly recommend Forte Do Vale in Albufeira as a family resort. We had 50 people staying there with us for the wedding, we didn't have a single complaint from anyone by the end of the 2 weeks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Mink wrote: »
    Don't suppose you remember the name of the place you stayed in there?

Villa concha - they have a splash pool with slides for kids. We're going to go again next year it was that good

Advertisement