Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Restrictions Kildare?

Options
  • 30-10-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering will the water restrictions in Dublin affect kildare areas in particular Naas. cant seem to find anything, but i am aware Naas is served by the same reservoir.

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

budhabob wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering will the water restrictions in Dublin affect kildare areas in particular Naas. cant seem to find anything, but i am aware Naas is served by the same reservoir.

Rob
    http://dlvr.it/4DdBj0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PressReleasesAdverts/ThisisanupdateonthecurrentsituationforwatersupplyintheKildareArea.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

This is an update on the current situation for water supply in the Kildare Area
    PRESS STATEMENT

In response to production problems at Dublin City Council main Water Production Plant at BallyMore Eustace for the Greater Dublin Region KCC propose the following course of action:

-Increased output of water from our River Barrow source supplying areas of mid and south Kildare thereby decreasing our daily demand from the Ballymore Eustace Plant

-Increased output of water from our Wellfield supply in areas around Kildare town and Rathangan

Pressure reductions at night time across the whole county 10 pm – 7 am

The impact of this should be minimal and will not involve severe restrictions.

We do not anticipate any interruptions to supply in the current situation..

Overall supply scenario will be reviewed on a daily basis in conjunction with the Greater Dublin Authorities.

Updates will be available via our website and via local media.

Kildare County Council request consumers to make an extra effort to conserve water at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

Moonbeam wrote: »

Pressure reductions at night time across the whole county 10 pm – 7 am

Its been updated to 8pm - 7am now. Shame 10pm was much more manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Another press statement from KCC:
    In response to the ongoing production problems at Dublin City Council main water
    production plant at Ballymore Eustace for the Greater Dublin Region, Kildare County
    Council is working to minimise the impact on our customers by taking the following
    actions:

• The output level from our River Barrow source, supplying areas of mid and south
    Kildare, has been increased significantly to 20 million litres per day;
    • Kildare County Council continues to maintain the increased output, to areas
    around Kildare Town and Rathangan, from our Wellfield supply.

Night time restrictions from 8pm to 7am will apply in the following areas:
    Naas, Sallins, Sherlockstown, Castlewarden, Johnstown, Caragh, Straffan and
    Clane.

The areas serviced directly from the wellfields and the River Barrow supply [Athy]
    are not affected by restrictions.

Areas on high ground, at the end of supply lines, are at greatest risk of experiencing
    difficulties with their supply.

Kildare County Council staff are in continuous contact with their counterparts in
    Dublin City Council to minimise the impact of the necessary restrictions on our
    customers.

Consumers are asked to conserve water at all times; www.taptips.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I just came on to post that too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Thankfully for me it ain't Maynooth. Hope they get this sorted soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Thankfully for me it ain't Maynooth. Hope they get this sorted soon though.

Maynooth is largely supplied from Leixlip, one of the bigger water plants in the country.

The water treatment plant is behind the Salmon Leap Inn in Leixlip, ironically not in Kildare but in South County Dublin. Even more ironic is that it's owned by Fingal Co Co, who sell the water to Kildare Co Co.

When I lived in Balbriggan we were also supplied by Leixlip.
    There has been no water cuts in Maynooth yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Water has been cloudy though. When you were in my place on Thursday it was very cloudy. Apparently it was only air in the water making it appear that way but it was related to the cuts in Dublin. Tasted fine though.

• Advertisement

When I lived in Sutton our water always looked like that and tasted fine.
    Ours here has not been cloudy at all but most of the water here goes straight in to the kettle so might not notice.

Advertisement