Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Advice (Job Interview)

Options
  • 30-10-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello all,

I have a job interview next week and part of the job description is strategising and running on AdWords, SEM, SEO and link-building.

I'm really keen on social media marketing, I have ran a couple of big campaigns on AdWords and understand link-building as somehow getting other sites (of good reputation) to link key words, like: Ireland Forum

However, I'm not an expert on AdWords and probably could have brought about a much better conversion rate with the mentioned AdWords campaigns.

Essentially(!), I'm something of an intern, but I need to be something bigger for this role. I can learn extremely fast and have five days to prepare for this interview in which I'm told, all of these subjects will be important.

Where should I go? Can I learn these principles and practices inside out in five days?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ideaburst

Hello all,

I have a job interview next week and part of the job description is strategising and running on AdWords, SEM, SEO and link-building.

I'm really keen on social media marketing, I have ran a couple of big campaigns on AdWords and understand link-building as somehow getting other sites (of good reputation) to link key words, like: Ireland Forum

However, I'm not an expert on AdWords and probably could have brought about a much better conversion rate with the mentioned AdWords campaigns.

Essentially(!), I'm something of an intern, but I need to be something bigger for this role. I can learn extremely fast and have five days to prepare for this interview in which I'm told, all of these subjects will be important.

Where should I go? Can I learn these principles and practices inside out in five days?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help.

Do you mean you are going for a job doing SEO and AdWords, but you don't know a whole lot about either?

If you are at intern level, then shouldn't you be going for an internship and looking to excel in the role whilst learning on the job, instead of bluffing your way into a role where they are expecting someone with a certain level of expertise?

I say this as it's not just about getting the job, it's about what you do afterwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dwight Schrute

ideaburst wrote: »
    Do you mean you are going for a job doing SEO and AdWords, but you don't know a whole lot about either?

If you are at intern level, then shouldn't you be going for an internship and looking to excel in the role whilst learning on the job, instead of bluffing your way into a role where they are expecting someone with a certain level of expertise?

I say this as it's not just about getting the job, it's about what you do afterwards..

I've had a regular job doing these things along with an internship. Perhaps I know more than I give myself credit for. I have expertise, but the self-critic tells me that it's not good enough.

Really, I just need to brush up on my knowledge and try and cram in a bit more knowledge before the interview. Since making my first post I've been watching videos from lynda.com - all very basic for me but good to consolidate the theory which I've no doubt will come up in the interview.

I won't be bluffing either. I'll be as honest as I can.

Advertisement