Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

Options
  • 30-10-2013 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi there,

My missus lives in rented accommodation ( 3 bedroom ), her flatmate is leaving and the landlady now has 2 free rooms as my missus is staying put and 2 people are now moving into the 2 free rooms, she is just wondering should the rent now be equally spread between them EG her rent should go down a bit due to extra person ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That depends on whether the rental agreement is for the whole property, or per room, I'd imagine. If it's per room, her rent will stay the same. If it's per property, it should go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

if she has a contract with the LL then no, maybe the LL will increase rent for new tenants.

are any of the roosm en suite? single, double? these all have a impact on the rent each person pays

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Assuming she is renting the room and not the property then no, her rent would not go down.

Advertisement