Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifications

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm importing a copy of the database so we can try and replicate this issue and see where the problem is.

Meanwhile, have you tried Ken's suggestion from that thread?
    That happened me before on boards. Just accept the request and then go in to your user cp and remove the person as a friend.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm importing a copy of the database so we can try and replicate this issue and see where the problem is.

Meanwhile, have you tried Ken's suggestion from that thread?

Thanks,
    Alvis.

Yep, tried that didn't work!!!

Any joy guys?

Hello there.

I'm not able to reproduce this on our end I'm afraid. Even after logging in as you on our development environment, I was able to dismiss this away permanently.

I hate to point out the obvious, but there's a little checkbox on the top left of the avatar that you need to select before clicking "Save Changes". It's actually not easily visible and easy to miss. If the checkbox is not selected, the friend request will not be rejected.

Did you select this checkbox? (I've attached a screenshot with the checkbox selected)

Yep I did :(
    Can I mail someone my password to see if ye can log in as me and see if its just me being thick? :o

• Advertisement

It's cool -- We've corrected this from our end via manually editing the database.

If you sign out and in again, shouldn't ever appear. Let us know if it still does.

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement