Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog hair dryer

• 30-10-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

hey guys lookin for a dog hairdryer for my 2 yr old lab. dont have 50-60 euro to be bringin him to get groomed every time as im not currently workin so if i could find one for about 100 euro or so that would be great.
    any ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Can i ask why you are getting a Labrador groomed? They dont need regular grooming like a non shed breed does. They wouldnt need to be washed too often so maybe you dont need to buy a dryer.

Also, dogs will just dry off fairly quickly so i wouldnt be rushing to get a dryer if its only for every now and again.

I have a blaster drier for my rotties that wash regularly for showing, but even then i dont always use the blaster on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

wont deliver to my address:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

OP, I just use my own hair dryer on my lab, a bit of that while brushing his coat and also letting him shake it off himself outside as that's much better for getting rid of loose hair sitting on his coat. I wouldn't be worrying about getting a dryer especially for the dog tbh.

andreac wrote: »
    Can i ask why you are getting a Labrador groomed? They dont need regular grooming like a non shed breed does. They wouldnt need to be washed too often so maybe you dont need to buy a dryer.

Also, dogs will just dry off fairly quickly so i wouldnt be rushing to get a dryer if its only for every now and again.

I have a blaster drier for my rotties that wash regularly for showing, but even then i dont always use the blaster on them.

i wanna keep him indoors more often and me mother is a bit ott about dog smells when it comes to havin the dog in the house

• Advertisement

The Cool wrote: »
    OP, I just use my own hair dryer on my lab, a bit of that while brushing his coat and also letting him shake it off himself outside as that's much better for getting rid of loose hair sitting on his coat. I wouldn't be worrying about getting a dryer especially for the dog tbh.

maybe your right maybe a decent hand held hair dryer would do instead of forkin out a hundred quid.......must call out and see how my sister is gettin on:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

wont deliver to my address:confused:

You can use parcel motel for any sellers that won't deliver to Ireland ;).... BUT I would be wary of getting what you pay for here - ie it's a knock off Aeolus blaster so may not last as long.
    I have an Aeolus blaster and use it all the time btw ;) He swims all the time and is a retriever so has a thick long coat - I would have thought a drying towel/fleece would do the job for a lab?

EDIT - just saw your other posts about your mum not liking the smell :p
    I'd recommend Furminator waterless spray (you don't have to wash it off and smells lovely) and this double rake!

that spray looks like a great idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

i wanna keep him indoors more often and me mother is a bit ott about dog smells when it comes to havin the dog in the house

The most common cause of a smelly dog is a smelly bed. Here we wash the beds regularly & the dogs don't smell. The dogs dry naturally on the very rare occasion that they are washed. A lab should easily be groomed/washed at home.

Advertisement