Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Care Package to Austrailia

Options
  • 30-10-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping to send a care package over to friend in Oz for Christmas. I know Austrailian customs are supposed to be stringent so I'm worried about it getting through customs. Anyone have an issues sending or receiving packages containing food? It's just selection boxes, barrys and tayto that I plan on sending.

And does anyone have any suggestions of other things to include in a care package to Oz? What are ye missing most?

You have to state what you're sending on the parcel, anyone know what the best thing to write on this would be to give it the best chance of getting through customs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

I've seen several to my son and have never had any problems

600 teabags - leave them in the box.

Choclate seems to go down the best after tea - Cadburys of course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You'll have no problem clearing customs, my parents send me this a parcel for 8 years now. Chocolate, crips, tea bags are all fine. Dried food or meat/dairy would be an issue.
    If your friend is female I suggest a few things from penneys. The cost over here is pretty high. Also maybe a Xmas t-shirt , Aussies don't really make a big deal of it here like we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cheap socks and boxers over chocolate and tea bags imo.

You can but Barry's, Tatyo and simialr stuff over here. Cheap boxers and socks you can't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

Thanks for the replies.

Its a girl so I won't be able to send penneys boxers unfortunately! My package will consist of cadburys selection boxes, tayto, Lyons tea, penneys socks and 2 penneys christmas t-shirts :)

If anyone has any other ideas let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Chef brown sauce by the bucketful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement