Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water restrictions

Options
  • 30-10-2013 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Anyone know if greystones / charlesland residents are going to have our water cut off from tonight for the rest of the week.....cant seem to get a straight answer anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

I doubt it. We're off Vartry!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Good enough for me. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

WCC website

Water Update 30th October 2013 – 2pm
    Wicklow County Council urges all consumers to conserve water and use it sparingly. Due to a serious production problem at Ballymore Eustace Water Treatment Plant, Dublin City Council is urging consumers all over the Dublin region to conserve water, in an effort to restore levels in our treated water reservoirs to normal.
    As part of County Wicklow Water Supply originates at the aforementioned treatment plant, Wicklow County Council urges all consumers in Co Wicklow to also conserve water and use it sparingly.
    Wicklow Co Co will endeavour to notify consumers of any changes or updates to Water Supply as more information becomes available.
    Please see www.dublincity.ie for more information

WCC website

Bray Town Council strongly urge consumers in the region to help conserve water by restricting their use of water during the day as much as possible, especially over the coming days. Small adjustments to some of our daily activities can help to significantly reduce the volume of water we use without impacting on our lifestyle.
    Some easy water saving tips include:
    •Keeping a jug of water in the fridge instead of running the tap - running a tap for one minute to produce one cold glass of water wastes 6 litres of water;
    •Not delaying in the shower - 10 minutes in a power-shower uses 250 litres of water – two-and-a-half times more than a bath does (100 litres);
    •Turning the tap off for two minutes while brushing your teeth will save 12 litres of water;
    •Turn the dishwasher and washing machine on only when they have a full load;
    •Minimising use of the flush on toilets and if using a dual flush system, use buttons 1 (small flush) and 2 (large flush) correctly.
    For more useful tips on how to save water please visit www.taptips.ie
    taptips.ie - Water is Precious. Let's Conserve It - Conserve water, water conservation - Tips...
    taptips.ie

BTC facebook

We urge all consumers to conserve water and use it sparingly due to a serious production problem at Ballymore Eustace http://ow.ly/qks4G

GTC facebook

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement