Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery 1000 Home security system

Options
  • 30-10-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an old security system Discovery 1000. I need to replace one of the motion sensors Aritech Model DR112R. I understand this make is no longer available. They are using DSC sensors. Anybody can advise me which DSC model would be compatible with the Discovery 1000 system and be similar to the old Aritech model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have an old security system Discovery 1000. I need to replace one of the motion sensors Aritech Model DR112R. I understand this make is no longer available. They are using DSC sensors. Anybody can advise me which DSC model would be compatible with the Discovery 1000 system and be similar to the old Aritech model?

I just did a quick search for that motion detector and it showed nothing. Can you open the sensor and post a picture. More than likely any global PIR can be used as a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Suzanne2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this. I was told perhaps DSC or Honeywell Aurora is compatible, but I am not able to find it in Canada only through dealers, who refuse to sell me one, saying I need a new updated system. Nothing wrong with this system only 1 sensor sometimes gives a false alarm. If you can suggest what make and model I could replace it with, I would really appreciate it. I am attaching the picture of the present sensor.
    Many thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

have a look on ebay. any motion detector such as GE's wired motions should work .

Advertisement