Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone not switching on after repair with Meteor

Options
  • 30-10-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I left my phone in for repair in the Meteor store in Northside shopping centre two weeks ago was facing random drops in signal nothing major. Got it back there yesterday afternoon basically I bought the phone from adverts.ie the staff in store told myself the IMEI number does not match the label for whatever reason so the repair was not carried out. When I got home I discovered the phone was not powering on, left it in charge over night this morning still nothing, the phone was working 100% before hand expect the odd drop in coverage. What happens now as the IMEI number has changed the phone was working before the repair? I didn't have time to call back down to the shop today tried ringing them multiple times just to answer to a mail box.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I left my phone in for repair in the Meteor store in Northside shopping centre two weeks ago was facing random drops in signal nothing major. Got it back there yesterday afternoon basically I bought the phone from adverts.ie the staff in store told myself the IMEI number does not match the label for whatever reason so the repair was not carried out. When I got home I discovered the phone was not powering on, left it in charge over night this morning still nothing, the phone was working 100% before hand expect the odd drop in coverage. What happens now as the IMEI number has changed the phone was working before the repair? I didn't have time to call back down to the shop today tried ringing them multiple times just to answer to a mail box.
    You are entitled to get your property back in the same condition as when it was left into the shop for repair, they will have checked the imei before the repair and would then have not touched the handset but it may have been mistreated between then and when it was delivered back to you so it is not working now.

Regardless of the imei or where you bought the handset or if it was even covered by any warranty the store you left the phone into is responsible for now putting your handset back to its previous working condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Apologizes for the late reply, so do I have a case? Not to sure how to approach this matter :confused:. Meteor would take no responsibility for any damages, rang the nca only advice they could give was to get in contact with the previous owner have them solve the matter, that it was bought from Meteor and use the refund repair replacement card. This has me really baffled if I must say.

Advertisement