Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots in a wide fit for large calves !

• 30-10-2013 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I have a big problem getting boots to zip up around my calves ... I have bought from oxendales . They are fine but aren't great and aren't leather either . But still least they do zip comfortably. They look they same as the range available in Evans . Not sure if there's a link between the two companies . Would anyone else know of any wide fitting boots around the calf ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Duoboots are great for wide calf boots, a little pricey but the boots are really good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I have the same problem OP. I bought from Evans two years ago. They actually ended up being a little wide at the top and very wide around my feet, and as a result slouched to a bad shape.

I actually got a pair in Asda recently. Very random, happened to be passing and popped in. They're leather, and fit great, and best of all are really comfy so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Duo boots look great but are a bit pricey for me ! Asda not near
    me but thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Next do wide and extra wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

M&S also do a wide fit as do Clarkes. Evans can be hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I got two pairs in Fat Face last year - whilst I have big calves my feet are not wide - but on the narrow side so I can't buy in Evans.

The boots I bought lasted really well, but on the look out for replacements now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    Next do wide and extra wide

+1 I got great ones from Next this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭cathy427

M&S and Next

M&S real good fit
    not always the nicest of styles tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Agree, M&S and there's 20% off footwear till Sunday.

Ecco do a good one. Might be pricey, but you'll get years out of them! http://global.ecco.com/en/collection/ladies/boots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Thanks for all the replies ... I ll be busy for the weekend !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I have the same problem, I'd be a 6 in wife fitting shoes or a 7 in normal and I can never get boots to fit me, I have 50cm calves which sounds ridiculous but they're actually all muscle because I stand at work and always have done, and I do a lot of walking.

Recently got a pair in new look! http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-wide-fit/wide-fit-truffle-brown-double-strap-high-leg-boots_284663024

They come in black as well but I though it was a little cheap looking compared to the brown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Duo boots look great but are a bit pricey for me !

Cannot recommend Duo Boots highly enough. Yes, they seem expensive, but the quality of the boots is superb. All leather & very well made. I have 3 pairs and all are going strong. The oldest pair is about 5 years old. Great value for money in the long run. If you can wait until after Christmas, their sale will have some good reductions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

phasers wrote: »
    Duoboots are great for wide calf boots, a little pricey but the boots are really good quality.

Comfort > price all day long baby! You'd spend the difference in the doctors for appointments re:sore calves if you're wearing cheap abs uncomfortable ones girl.

Duo boots are Duo-rable! and Duo-able in terms of price in and around the Xmas sales! And they comes in duos of two, pairs like :)

Go for it chick :)

Advertisement