Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a gf badly advice ?????

• 30-10-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Im 19 and in college plc course and don't or never had a gf in my life. I hate seeing other ppl with gf's and there's me alone with no one. I try so hard. Im on tagged.com trying to chat up girls but that works t no avail. I do sometimes be afraid to say yeah when they invite me to their house i just put it off.

I always go out every week to nightclubs.

DID anyone else have this prob and now do you have that special someone. please share your tips and story.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I try so hard.
    Maybe this comes across to the girls, i think when you are not looking one comes along, maybe relax a little your only 19, you will find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭FurQyou

Having good looks and money helps! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Stop thinking of it as a goal women can smell desperation a mile away. Choak the chicken before you go out it will take the wild look out of your eye ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

FurQyou wrote: »
    Having good looks and money helps! ;)

yeah i suppose, its easy for people like us to give advice;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Be careful what you wish for.

I lived with a girl for three years and 2 of those I spent choking my own chicken. At 19 you shouldn't really give a flying fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Chill right out, long road ahead of you trust me! You dont need to beworrying about anything other than enjoying yourself and college. Once your happy and sorted the rest will fall into place. Seriously, beans to be chilled right back to zero. Forgetaboutit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP, I've moved your thread here as I think you'll get better reaponses in this forum. Please have a read of the charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

<snip> pretty good ted talk on the masturbation debate

Snako, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as you posted the YouTube video 2 minutes after Sauve moved the thread, and assume you didnt realise you were posting in PI..
    YouTube videos or links to them are banned in Personal Issues and its sub-forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Join real life social groups, like drama groups, hill walking, etc. Look for groups on meetup.com also. Putting yourself in social situations with women present increases your chances.

Most important of all... be yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

Also don't sweat the GF thing mate. I say aim on having the craic, chat to people, the gf thing will happen naturally, don't sweat it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I know I'm going to sound patronising and I'm sorry because I'm not trying to be!

Mate, you're 19. You don't need a girlfriend!

You've never had one, so it's understandable that you want one, sure you have no idea what it's like and who doesn't want someone to talk with, cuddle, have sex, go on dates, and whatever else?

Thing is, that's the good side. That's the side people want when they're desperate for a girlfriend.

What about the other side? No relationship is without arguments, compromise, hard work and lots more. Some relationships, especially ones in your teenage years (from my experience, anyway) are hard work!

Aside from that, people can smell desperation a mile off.

I'm single at the moment, and when I see couples doing things like holding hands, I don't hate it like you do. I think it's sweet!

If you are so desperate that you hate seeing couples around, you need to take a step back and ask yourself why are you so desperate for a girlfriend? Speaking as a female, it's not going to be anywhere near as amazing as you're no doubt imagining it!

Concentrate on being happy in yourself and by yourself. Don't try to date when you're desperate. You'll risk ending up in a bad relationship out of desperation.

Just learn to be happy first!

Advertisement