Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 9 Reports

• 30-10-2013 9:59pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Titans @ Rams

Titans get past the Rams even with C2J fumbling and Bart Scott throwing away and interception and watch the Rams then recover and run it back to the 2 yard line.

Locker was perfect, 18 from 22, 401 yards and 4 TDs along with a rushing TD
    Rushing game was quiet but CJ got 60 yards and a TD.

Locker spread the ball around with Hunter, Washington, Walker and Wright getting TDs, Wright getting 140 yards .
    Titans D got 5 sacks, Rob Bironas has noodle leg, I think he's gone after this season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Vikings 31-59 Cowboys.

Mental.

The game started fair well for AP on the ground, but when Ponder had to go to the pass on 3rd down, he made the fatal error many opposing QB's have made this year, and that is throw the ball in the general vicinity of Sean Lee. Interception #7 for him. Demarco Murray came out to prove AP aint all that and burst out 3 big runs and put the Cowboys on the board with a TD. The responce from Ponder was very good, scared of the run game, the Cowboys D got burned by TE Rudolph and it was 7-7. The scores came think and fast from then on and Romo found Murray on a screen, then AP got himself a TD to level it up before Jason Witten got the Boys back up 21-14. With little time on the clock, the Vikes made it into FG range and kicked over with 2 seconds left, here it where it got mental...

Leon Washington fields the kick and makes a decent return but the clock expires, hold on, penalty for facemask? Guess I get a free play from my own 40. I choose Hail Mary trips and upon hiking the ball I see immediate pressure from the right so I roll out left and just tap X without knowing which WR it was, Romo unleashes an absolute bomb to the endzone where Dez Bryant manages to pluck the ball away from no less than 3 Viking D-Backs, an absolutely insane touchdown.

I recieved 2nd half and Washington got a huge return, TD to Harris. Ponder was clearly rattled by the hail mary TD and with the score at 35-17 he had to air it out, there would be picks to Sean Lee, Claibourne and Babineaux as well as a fumble force by Church mixed in with TD's to Jennings and Patterson, for the Cowboys, TD passes to Austin and Washington as well as a rushing TD for Washington put the game out of reach. The 2nd half was exhibition stuff after the crazy play swung the game in my favour.

The statline at the end read 322 rushing yards for Demarco Murray, an absolutely bonkers day for him on the ground. AP was held to a very human 91 yards.

Hard luck Nelbert and good luck with the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Vikings 31-59 Cowboys.

Mental.

The game started fair well for AP on the ground, but when Ponder had to go to the pass on 3rd down, he made the fatal error many opposing QB's have made this year, and that is throw the ball in the general vicinity of Sean Lee. Interception #7 for him. Demarco Murray came out to prove AP aint all that and burst out 3 big runs and put the Cowboys on the board with a TD. The responce from Ponder was very good, scared of the run game, the Cowboys D got burned by TE Rudolph and it was 7-7. The scores came think and fast from then on and Romo found Murray on a screen, then AP got himself a TD to level it up before Jason Witten got the Boys back up 21-14. With little time on the clock, the Vikes made it into FG range and kicked over with 2 seconds left, here it where it got mental...

Leon Washington fields the kick and makes a decent return but the clock expires, hold on, penalty for facemask? Guess I get a free play from my own 40. I choose Hail Mary trips and upon hiking the ball I see immediate pressure from the right so I roll out left and just tap X without knowing which WR it was, Romo unleashes an absolute bomb to the endzone where Dez Bryant manages to pluck the ball away from no less than 3 Viking D-Backs, an absolutely insane touchdown.

I recieved 2nd half and Washington got a huge return, TD to Harris. Ponder was clearly rattled by the hail mary TD and with the score at 35-17 he had to air it out, there would be picks to Sean Lee, Claibourne and Babineaux as well as a fumble force by Church mixed in with TD's to Jennings and Patterson, for the Cowboys, TD passes to Austin and Washington as well as a rushing TD for Washington put the game out of reach. The 2nd half was exhibition stuff after the crazy play swung the game in my favour.

The statline at the end read 322 rushing yards for Demarco Murray, an absolutely bonkers day for him on the ground. AP was held to a very human 91 yards.

Hard luck Nelbert and good luck with the season.

Vikings found themselves having to rely on Ponder after falling behind earlier and Ponder bottled it under pressure. Some down right awful throws.
    Certain TD on the first drive resulted in an INT due to a poor pass from Ponder.

Was too many scores behind to run the ball following the personal intervention by Jesus H. Christ just before half time.... Romo has a friend in Tebow it seems....

Candle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

What can I say, blessed QB's are the best QB's.

Ponder is an atheist and God knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets beat Saints 41-38 in overtime.

Wow, what a game. No punts just all offence. Game seemed to be decided on a Jet fumble which tipped the balance to the Saints. Score after score, unstoppable offences. Jets tied it with 30 second left. Saints came up just short with Nick Toon taken down at the 2 on a Hail Mary as time expired. To overtime and Barnes got the only pick of the game to effectively win it. Jets drove to kick a short winning FG.

Jimmy Graham was outstanding with 7 catches, 114yds and 2 TD. On the ground Chris Ivory had 237yds and 4TD, Darren Sproles had 159yds and 2TD.

Bree's threw for 296yds and 2TD, Geno for 197yds and a TD.

Awesome game Paully and apart from the game itself the chat during the game made it so. A tie would have been a fair result, nobody deserved to lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Berty44 wrote: »
    Jets beat Saints 41-38 in overtime.

Wow, what a game. No punts just all offence. Game seemed to be decided on a Jet fumble which tipped the balance to the Saints. Score after score, unstoppable offences. Jets tied it with 30 second left. Saints came up just short with Nick Toon taken down at the 2 on a Hail Mary as time expired. To overtime and Barnes got the only pick of the game to effectively win it. Jets drove to kick a short winning FG.

Jimmy Graham was outstanding with 7 catches, 114yds and 2 TD. On the ground Chris Ivory had 237yds and 4TD, Darren Sproles had 159yds and 2TD.

Bree's threw for 296yds and 2TD, Geno for 197yds and a TD.

Awesome game Paully and apart from the game itself the chat during the game made it so. A tie would have been a fair result, nobody deserved to lose it.

Easily the greatest game of Madden I have ever been involved in Berty. Only one game even comes close and that was in the Madden 13 Cup against Padraic during the summer when Torrey Smith won it for me on a Hail Mary play at the death.

Tonights game was the definition of why this league is so good. A very enjoyable game, good craic on the mic and a play at the end worthy of winning the game as I thought it was all blitz coming at me but you smartly left Antwan Barnes in zone who got there in perfect timing for the pick. How people can play lobby games when there's leagues like this on offer I will never know.

Well done on the win and hopefully it won't be too long before we meet again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Packers somehow beat the Bears in overtime.

All offence in this one.
    1st quarter
    Crosby FG, 3-0 GB

2nd Quarter
    Bears with a short pass to Onobun 3-7, Lacy with a short run 10-7. Forte eases in from 3yards 10-14. Finley hauls in one from outside the redzone after no huddle play and a good drive to leave 23 seconds on the clock and three timeouts to Chicago 17-14. But it's enough for the pass attack of Cutlers Bears and Forte grabs another short run to end a score happy second quarter. 17-21.

3rd Q
    Bears receive and get stopped on the 12 which will be one of three KO stops inside the 12. Forte fumbles and GreenBay recovers. GB stalls but manage a 47yrd field goal 20-21.
    Hester grabs a long bomb 67yrds to the house 20-28.
    GreenBay run a smart play-action and Cobb's nifty footwork take it 86 yards 27-28.
    Chicago not to be outdone drive it right back for Forte from 18, 27-35.

4th Q
    Green Bay throw an interception trying to find Finley after driving well and the pressure is truly on after Chicago reply with a Bush TD. 27-42.
    GreenBay decide to air it out in the hope of gathering a few extra points and Lacy runs it in with Kuhn grabbing two points, 35-42.
    User Int on their own 15 give Greenbay some small glimmer of hope with time short, mix of plays and Lacy is in again for his third and it leaves 47 seconds and 3 TO to the bears 42-42.
    Bears drive to the twenty five and on a run up the middle Forte fumbles and give GB the ball. :eek:

Overtime.
    Bears lose the toss and Lacy grabs the inconceivable win. 48-42.

Magnificent game with some great plays and plenty of drama. Hard luck to the Bears, with some amazing throws over the top I was shocked to steal the win.

Cutler 110.9 18/21 452yrd 2TD
    Rodgers 99.6 14/22 360yrd 2TD

Lacy 24/227 4TD
    Forte 19/173 3TD

Cobb 4/162 1TD
    Jeffery 3/174

Advertisement