Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private estate maintenance/local authority maintenance

Options
  • 30-10-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a query with regard to housing estates and the upkeep of the public areas.
    My understanding is that when a builder/developer finishes an estate they complete the roads, lighting etc and then sign it over to the local authority for upkeep of the public areas.
    In the event that the residents of an estate decide collectively to maintain it as a private estate, how does this work, or should I say has anybody heard of this before?
    if this is something that is fairly common could somebody give me an example. Surely the collective management fees could not absorb a large road repair issue or say an issue with a storm drain etc?
    any information would be very useful.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement