Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know what this is

Options
  • 30-10-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

This is located by my switch box. I'm try to get my storage hearing to work . Anyone help ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

GusGus wrote: »
    This is located by my switch box. I'm try to get my storage hearing to work . Anyone help ?

It looks like a timer..

Little black "things" pushed to the right for on and pop them to the left for off..

Looks like your heating is only set to be off between 8 and 9 o clock.

Double check settings cos I already forget pic..

On off switch at bottom is to have timer on or off.

Google for best use of storage heaters, they can work out expensive.

Someone else might have more advice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Looks like a timer clock , but I can't see picture very well ,
    At the meter box there should be a 24 hour clock showing the correct time and some sort of timer which you can set to come on/go off to suit you , usually on when night rate starts and off when it finishes...
    My last place the previous tenant had fiddled with the clock so storage heaters powered up by day....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Deffo a timer, it might control your immersion or storage heaters, but storage heaters should really use a signal from the meter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It looks like your doorbell transformer with a timer beside it, the on/off switch should have three positions on/timer/off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

handy out. Stop eejits ringing the doorbell at 3am. Never seen that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Nice idea if it's for the doorbell. Clever indeed. Neat job too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Really neat idea- kicking myself that I've never thought of something like that. Kudos to whoever thought to put a timer on their doorbell- its a remarkably good idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have a better idea. Disconnect your doorbell and remove your knocker. This will give you alot of peace and quiet.
    If someone bangs on the door do not answer it unless you are expecting a visitor.
    If someone calls and it is someone you actually want to see they will call your phone. Any other time it is never good news whether it be sales, charity collector, nick nacks, politicians, TV licence or crazies. I have never answered an unexpected knock and been pleased with the outcome.
    This has worked for me for the last 4 years. Highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I have a better idea. Disconnect your doorbell and remove your knocker. This will give you alot of peace and quiet.
    If someone bangs on the door do not answer it unless you are expecting a visitor.
    If someone calls and it is someone you actually want to see they will call your phone. Any other time it is never good news whether it be sales, charity collector, nick nacks, politicians, TV licence or crazies. I have never answered an unexpected knock and been pleased with the outcome.
    This has worked for me for the last 4 years. Highly recommended.

Jesus, where do you live?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

pwurple wrote: »
    Jesus, where do you live?

City centre but even out in the burbs we were plagued by Vodafone, Airtricity, Catalogue sellers or charity collectors.

Have you ever had an unexpected knock on the door from someone you don't know that was good news??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Have to agree with PR above - anytime I've answered the door unexpectedly it's been someone looking to sell me something or telling me a sob story and THEN wanting me to sign up for something.

So I don't answer it anymore unless I'm expecting something (like a Pizza :))

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    City centre but even out in the burbs we were plagued by Vodafone, Airtricity, Catalogue sellers or charity collectors.

Have you ever had an unexpected knock on the door from someone you don't know that was good news??

Yes, my kids friends call over to play with her.
    Yes, There was some parcels sent as presents which required a signature
    Yes, some friends came home and called over as a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've similar on my night storage heater controller as the people below cut the feed from the meter when they installed a sat dish. To much work to run a new cable so just put a timer in instead. Set the time and set it to run from 23:20 to 07:40, then you get the fun of trying to figure out how to keep heat for the night without having a sauna during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

ted1 wrote: »
    Yes, my kids friends call over to play with her.
    Yes, There was some parcels sent as presents which required a signature
    Yes, some friends came home and called over as a surprise.

Camera, don't answer to anyone with a clipboard.

Advertisement